Home
Posted By: 1Longbow Montana decoys - 03/29/17
Anyone hunt over Montana turkey decoys? Likes ,dislikes. They seem easier to carry than the full size hard plastic decoys.
Posted By: Sakoluvr Re: Montana decoys - 03/29/17
never tried Montana decoys.

I use Avian X. They work great and are pretty easy to carry. I have had the stake broken on a Jake multiple times when Toms would come in and throw a beating on it. Finally switched to old aluminum arrows for stakes.
Posted By: colorado bob Re: Montana decoys - 03/30/17
I have a Montana Decoy----Miss Purr-fect. I really like it. You make shape it into different poses. It's light & can fold up to go into my vest.

I used it last year in KS. It bought 3 gobbles in across a bare field. I killed 2. I plan on using it next weekend when Colorado season opens.

It looks real to me.
Posted By: AH64guy Re: Montana decoys - 04/03/17
Yes, several years.

Hardest thing with the MD two-dimensional decoy is the visibility. Seems I have the decoy pointed in the direction the bird comes in from, and they can't see it. Camofire has a number of them on the site over the past few weeks.

Easy carry, shove a couple in your vest, and go.

The newer 3rd dimensional decoys are about the same for carry weight, but the package is slightly larger across, have to go in a larger pocket than the 2-Ds. I have the Tom version, (Papa Strut?) it carries easy in the bird pocket, sets up fast.
© 24hourcampfire