Home
Posted By: billy336 Owl call suggestions - 04/02/17
What has worked well for you?I'm looking to add one to my bag of tricks.TIA
Posted By: WillARights Re: Owl call suggestions - 04/02/17
I dont have a suggestion for you Billy, Ive never used one either.

But you seem to be a dinosaur slaughterin mofo with regularity without it.

I do understand the desire to develop new skills to add to the excitement, tho.

Keep on crushin them. wink
Posted By: N2TRKYS Re: Owl call suggestions - 04/02/17
I've never bought an owl hooter, but the one made by Houndstooth Game Calls sounds good.

You can listen to it on YouTube.
Posted By: wyoming260 Re: Owl call suggestions - 04/02/17
i used a Quaker boy owl hooter. It worked pretty well, but I think a crow call seems to locate gobblers just as well and does not put the alert in them a booming owl sound can. The area i hunted had a lot of large horned owls and I know they harassed turkeys. We called in two owls one morning while lightly calling gobblers that were still on the roost.........
Posted By: Bearcat74 Re: Owl call suggestions - 04/02/17

I use a Harrison

Posted By: 10gaugemag Re: Owl call suggestions - 04/02/17
My own voice. Birds here in Mo. rarely gobble at owls the way they used to.
Posted By: Wes_D Re: Owl call suggestions - 04/02/17
I have a Knight&Hale Shock Gobble owl call that I've had for years and to be honest...I don't think a turkey gives two cares about how well you can use a locator call. Save your money and use your mouth...grin
Posted By: msinc Re: Owl call suggestions - 04/02/17
My favorite is the Boogeyman call by Down-N-Dirty Outdoors. Google it, there's a good youtube video. It works great.
I have had more fun yelling back and forth with the Barred owls than turkey hunting!!! Drives them absolutely stupid.
Posted By: billy336 Re: Owl call suggestions - 04/15/17
Thanks for the replies. I'm hunting easterns in a river bottom in south GA. They'll gobble at every owl , its awesome, wont come to call or even answer, henned up bad for now. Alot of season and tags left up there. Good luck
Originally Posted by billy336
Thanks for the replies. I'm hunting easterns in a river bottom in south GA. They'll gobble at every owl , its awesome, wont come to call or even answer, henned up bad for now. Alot of season and tags left up there. Good luck

Try the fighting purr. Great locator call, and they often come to that when then won't come to anything else.

Steve.
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: Owl call suggestions - 04/15/17
The hands down best is a harrison
© 24hourcampfire