Home
Posted By: AH64guy 99’ TD - refinished, D&T - 12/23/21
Collectors,

Looking for an estimate of value - no pictures, so yeah - it’s a guesstimate.

It’s an 1899 a friend has - it’s a takedown in .300, the serial number dates it to 1923.

Non-checkered forearm and stock - the forearm is serialed to the receiver. All metal has been reblued at some point, but it was not a “buffed to oblivion”, the fine lettering is still readable from what I saw.

The wood was sanded down quite a bit, but still at least even or slightly proud of the metal. No tang crack that I saw, or any evidence of a repair.

Forearm is tight on the barrel, the barrel seems tight in the receiver. I did not pull the barrel, so don’t know what the threads are.

Receiver is D&T for a two-base scope mount, so more deductions - but the stocks are not wearing any sling studs.

Length of pull from the trigger face is 12.5 inches, and Savage logo is on the toe of the buttplate.

It’s not a collector - it’s a shooter.

What would be ballpark value be for it?
I'll jump in
500-650 in today's market?
Maybe 1200-1500 on Gunbroker with a full moon and the stars aligned? (Doubtful)
Re blue, drilled and tapped certainly hurt it, but the market is goofy!

Flame away.......
Posted By: 99guy Re: 99’ TD - refinished, D&T - 12/23/21
I'd like to say 500

But I don't know what anything is worth anymore...
Posted By: AH64guy Re: 99’ TD - refinished, D&T - 12/23/21
Agreed,

But - I’m thinking about the same where your at, and I hate asking without pictures, but the rifle was not where I could get much useful.

Thanks for the reply.
I'm not even sure what model you're talking about but reblued, drilled and tapped, sanded heavy, geez, how much can it be worth?
Probably an F
Posted By: AH64guy Re: 99’ TD - refinished, D&T - 12/23/21
Originally Posted by 99guy
Probably an F

I think so as well - but no checkering, or remaining evidence that it was checkered at some point.

I didn’t look close enough at the front sight base either.

I’d pass
Could be a D.
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Could be a D.

Probably an F
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Could be a D.

Probably an F

Right.

But it could be a D. Only ever seen one and I bought it, but it could be a D. LOL.
Originally Posted by Poconojack

I’d pass

YOU took the words right out of my mouth.
Posted By: JeffG Re: 99’ TD - refinished, D&T - 12/23/21
I would certainly grab it at $400. At $500 I'd have to be in the Christmas mood on my way to hunting camp, and get a box of ammo thrown in with the deal.

If you are in the mood for a 300 hunter-grade, this sounds like a good one!. It being a take-down adds character and value, despite the loss in value from the very functional non-factory D&T and re-finish
Posted By: Loggah Re: 99’ TD - refinished, D&T - 12/23/21
$300-$400 tops
Are you buying or selling because those are 2 completely different questions and values.

If I were buying it, I wouldn't give anything for it, becasue I don't want it. If I were selling it I'd try to get 500.

If I needed a truck gun or a spare canoe paddle I'd offer 300
Are you buying or selling because those are 2 completely different questions and values.

If I were buying it, I wouldn't give anything for it, becasue I don't want it. If I were selling it I'd try to get 500.

If I needed a truck gun or a spare canoe paddle I'd offer 300

grin
© 24hourcampfire