Home
Posted By: Loggah OT, winter fun - 03/08/22
Seems we collectors dont always collect one thing ! grin So a few weeks back Central N.H.snowmobile club had their yearly get together. I hauled 6 different machines there, just for grins. They neglected to tell me it was going to be on channel 9 tv. here it is.

https://www.wmur.com/article/nh-chronicle-antique-snow-machines-put-on-a-show/39354622
Posted By: olgrouser Re: OT, winter fun - 03/08/22
Fun and fitting Don. Good to see you and hear your voice again!

Me? I'm enjoying my vintage Dual 505-2 turntable and listening to vinyl records collected from over the years.
Posted By: Southern_WI_Savage Re: OT, winter fun - 03/08/22
Love it!
Posted By: Longbeardking Re: OT, winter fun - 03/08/22
Nancy are up here in Maine celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary. JUST before we left, I saw an add in channel 9 and saw your smoosh on the boob tube. I have searched to try and find a show schedule for chronicle. I dearly wanted Nan to see it and you posted this link. She was like a little kid watching it. I rode on that, I rode on that. THANK you for posting it

Steve
Posted By: 99guy Re: OT, winter fun - 03/08/22
Enjoyed it.

Love the Malones. wink
Posted By: Rick99 Re: OT, winter fun - 03/08/22
You won't find those in Kansas. Thanks for the experience.
Posted By: Calhoun Re: OT, winter fun - 03/08/22
Awesome!! I wish I'd had more time when we were up to look closer at your other "stuff". Very cool.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: OT, winter fun - 03/08/22
Holy smokes that looks like fun!

Size and make of the engine in that Lombard? It looks like it could drag a house.
Posted By: zcm82 Re: OT, winter fun - 03/08/22
Very cool. 👍

Skinning knuckles and aggravating ourselves... pretty sure that's what life is all about 😂
Posted By: JeffG Re: OT, winter fun - 03/09/22
Yes!! What a hoot Don! kudos to the film-maker, they did a great job!!
Posted By: saddlering Re: OT, winter fun - 03/09/22
I got to ride on the Lombard also! Just told my wife about it! Don were the other Johnson's related to you? Or is your name like Smith else where? Looks like it was a Fun Event! Good to see your mug again my friend.
Posted By: Savageupnorth Re: OT, winter fun - 03/09/22
They use some of those machines on the ski hills too.
I could use one around here, about now with 28" snow topped with ice.
Liked the video!
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: OT, winter fun - 03/09/22
Really cool Don!
Posted By: S99VG Re: OT, winter fun - 03/09/22
Originally Posted by olgrouser
Fun and fitting Don. Good to see you and hear your voice again!

Me? I'm enjoying my vintage Dual 505-2 turntable and listening to vinyl records collected from over the years.

That woud be a Garrard Lab 80 for me!
Posted By: svg250 Re: OT, winter fun - 03/09/22
Nice video, and cool old machines.
Posted By: Blitz Re: OT, winter fun - 03/09/22
Cool stuff, put a smile on my face!
Posted By: kk alaska Re: OT, winter fun - 03/09/22
Great video thanks.
Posted By: kiwi Re: OT, winter fun - 03/09/22
Very interesting video
Thanks for the link
Looks dam interesting I picked up a couple of OC3's last weekend couldn't say no to the price
Posted By: triple_deuce Re: OT, winter fun - 03/09/22
That looks like a blast Don!
Posted By: Loggah Re: OT, winter fun - 03/09/22
John, The Dirt designs guys are Johnston,not Johnson. They were just little kids when ther Dad and i were mechanics at the local ski area. Gary ,I didnt have the propper engine for this machine ,so i took the engine out of a TD 18A international crawler and put in it. The last guy that ran lombards did that in the 1940's so i knew it could be done.No lack of power for sure. Don
Posted By: Loggah Re: OT, winter fun - 03/09/22
Kiwi, some of the small thiokol imps used a oc4 differential in them, My 2100 thiokol has a oc12 differential. Don
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: OT, winter fun - 03/09/22
The Imp is still sitting behind the Napa in WV. I’m always in a hurry and haven’t asked about it yet.

Your probably the only one here interested in my saw collection. Trying to get it back to the brands I collect, I just sent a 117CC Stihl 075 back to Germany. The new owner handled all the shipping from his end. Last time I sent saw to Australia it cost $474. That was on top of the $800 for the saw. Who would think a 1956 Homelite would be worth $1274?
Posted By: kiwi Re: OT, winter fun - 03/12/22
Joe
I manage to find my Fathers old Danarm Fury
But He took the carb off to fix and I still can't find that
one day I hope to restore it
Wont be sure what parts are changed on the OC 3 until I start working on them Don
will post some pic's when I get both home
Cheers
Posted By: Savage94C Re: OT, winter fun - 03/12/22
Thanks for posting video Loggah, very interesting and entertaining. Watched it several times, would have liked to be in attendance at it. Love those old machines.
Posted By: eaglemountainman Re: OT, winter fun - 03/12/22
Very cool!
Thanks, Don
Posted By: texken Re: OT, winter fun - 03/13/22
that looks like a hoot Don, good for you
Posted By: Rakkasan Re: OT, winter fun - 03/13/22
I've always wanted some sort of tracked "toy".

Thanks Don...
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: OT, winter fun - 03/13/22
There is a Model A Ford coupe snowmobile for sale on Hemmings Motor News for $25K
Posted By: hanco Re: OT, winter fun - 03/13/22
We don’t have too many down here, looks like fun.
Posted By: Loggah Re: OT, winter fun - 03/13/22
David, You need that!!!!! grina model "A" for all seasons.
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: OT, winter fun - 03/13/22
Don, you are right but I just bought that 1895 and am REAL SHORT of funds. I'm not dead yet, I keep chickening out about telling my wife about the 1895.
Thanks to the Demorats turning most of our backwoods into Wilderness in 1966 we don't have a lot of places to take them. I really enjoyed your post with the video and pics. We have a few snow cats around here but none of that cool stuff you and those other guys have.
© 24hourcampfire