Home
Posted By: ed7189 99T at Redding Auction - 01/30/23
Did anybody here pick up the beautiful 99T at the Redding Auction Sunday??
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: 99T at Redding Auction - 01/30/23
I'll be up there on Thursday (and will scope out the MHG) so going yesterday too wasn't in the cards.

I'm getting an inkling as to why Redding's is no longer the "honey hole" for good bargains anymore since it's no longer just a local crowd in attendance - with the rest of the country aware of it and bidding remotely that ship has done sailed. Oh well, life moves on. Good for sellers, not as good anymore for buyers.
Posted By: LazyL0228 Re: 99T at Redding Auction - 01/30/23
Not me.
Posted By: texken Re: 99T at Redding Auction - 01/31/23
what caliber?
Posted By: ed7189 Re: 99T at Redding Auction - 01/31/23
It was a 300, but was in great condition and had the original sights including the bead on the front sight
Posted By: 99guy Re: 99T at Redding Auction - 01/31/23
Lets see a link.

Always willing to look at a nice T
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
I'm getting an inkling as to why Redding's is no longer the "honey hole" for good bargains anymore since it's no longer just a local crowd in attendance - with the rest of the country aware of it and bidding remotely that ship has done sailed. Oh well, life moves on. Good for sellers, not as good anymore for buyers.

Not to mention good for the auction houses and auctioneers.

We may have created a monster.
Posted By: ed7189 Re: 99T at Redding Auction - 01/31/23
see link https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...c25PWTUxT1FPNWNQQ2hWSXFwZTJXamlIZDFMaDR3

item 218. its listed as a 99F
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: 99T at Redding Auction - 01/31/23
Originally Posted by 99guy
Originally Posted by gnoahhh

Not to mention good for the auction houses and auctioneers.

We may have created a monster.

I went fairly regularly up until a couple years ago. I always came home with something in the way of a nice rifle at a great price. Not anymore. The only thing that has drawn me there the last couple times was the small lots. They still have darn good breakfast sandwiches though!
Originally Posted by ed7189

Very nice T. Added swivels, but not a deal braker. Correct sights as far as I can tell.

I seem to be priced out of the market now days.

Zoikes! Look at that cut checkered 358 DL.

Good thing I wasn't at that auction. I might not have come home with my shirt.
Posted By: filler Re: 99T at Redding Auction - 02/12/23
I was the winning bidder for the 99T.

Been looking for one for a while and this one was even nicer than it showed in the pictures.

The bead on the Lyman front sight is pretty faded. Any suggestions on the best way to restore the bead for the intended sight picture (front red dot posted over the rear sight white line)?
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: 99T at Redding Auction - 02/12/23
Originally Posted by 99guy
Zoikes! Look at that cut checkered 358 DL.

What did it sell for?
Posted By: Rick99 Re: 99T at Redding Auction - 02/12/23
Might put a touch of fingernail polish/model airplane/sight paint on the very face of the bead. I wouldn't change the sights out.
© 24hourcampfire