Home
Is there a way to find out who we are without a poll or rooting
around through the forum's user list?
Say howdy.
I'm about an hour north of utica,but utica and Rome are the cities closest to me.
HUNTER123,sounds like you could be from Speculator.
I'm 20 miles north of Lk Geo.
i'm a little west, near boonville another nice small town.i knew you were in the hills,could tell in the background in your one picture posted plus you had snow.
Hunter don't let Jed fool ya, he's really a shovelhead. grin Les
Boonville? I'm a West Leydener myself, just a little suburb of big ol' B-ville.
I'm in a hotel room in Syracuse right now...
Just a few miles south west of Saratoga...as a crow flies!
MJM,
found my GF in Mechanicville.
me and corelokt308 might be next door nieghbors,depending on how close he is to west leyden.
Yeah I've noticed.
A poll or the location of the premier collectors- owners of the 99 remind me of the bulletin I get from my High School..Last one was the 40th reunion.

All but TWO of us who ain't dead still live less than 50 miles from where they went to H.S.

Alot of Savage rifles ( and collectors-accumulators) seem to stick close to where they was made too..:) Jim
Anybody from Champlain? That's where we came from a 100 yrs ago or so.
Rich
HI Guys I'm new to forum, been readin here for awhile and learned alot thanx.I'm located in Glenville just south of RT 29. I' still looking for my first 99. Want a shooter D@T I hunt out of a camp near Benson. Just a question Im I dreaming if I hope to find one around $500.00? Any one into old marlins I have a model 93,Mfd 1927 would sell or trade Thanx for any input DW
Talk to Loggah here at the 24.
DWG7
PM sent
Rimfire
Hunter 123,

Holy crap, talk about a small world. I was born and raised in Lyons Falls. smile What High school you go to.

I think it's all the 99's we seen the old timers using when we was kids. grin

Dave
dwg, Where's Benson? by bleecker? I do think livin by the adk.'s made us into Savage people. L
might be next door nieghbors,depending on how close he is

small world sometimes ain't it....lauren lives across the street from me.
Originated in Johnstown/Gloversville at the foot of Bleeker Mt. Now near Westport.
Davedadeerslayer
i went to Adirondack school,West Leyden till 6th grade then Boonville.I do go to your old town once a month though,just incase an old tughill or adirodacks gun winds up there.
Bought a few guns from the brother of the only native son to go to the Ranger School in Wanakena. Most of which were Adirondack guns from that vicinity.
Lauren, Bleecker is just over the mountain from Benson, which is next to the Sacandaga River, Southern Adirondacks at its best DWG
Like I said earlier:

Yeah I've noticed.
A poll or the location of the premier collectors- owners of the 99 remind me of the bulletin I get from my High School..Last one was the 40th reunion.

All but TWO of us who ain't dead still live less than 50 miles from where they went to H.S.

Alot of Savage rifles ( and collectors-accumulators) seem to stick close to where they was made too..:) Jim
Hunter 123

I went to Port Leydon elementary, then South Lewis Cental High (Goooo FALCONS!!!). grin

Class of 81.

TUG HILL boys are TOUGH!! mad mad wink

To keep this Savage, at least every family I knew up there had at least one 99 shooter. laugh

Damn, that takes me back to the Black River Valley!! laugh

Dave
Originally Posted by DaveDaDeerslayer
Class of 81.

Dave

1981? That was a good year, weren't it Dave??? Amazing I survived it, but it did have it's high points. sick crazy

I ain't from New York, and ain't got an inclination to ever visit NYC. Looking forward to the Fest though.. Heard you folks outside of the city ain't too bad. grin
Damn, you and Dave are some old farts aren't ya. grin Class of 88 Les
Originally Posted by Violator22

Class of '88!? Class of '81? Good grief, I'm class of '75! What the heck? grin I thought you two were about 20 years older than me! crazy
grin What would make you think that? grin Les
It's our tremendous level of maturity, Les...

grin
Is that what it's called. My wife is always comparing me to y oldest daughter. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. grin Les
Don't forget the wisdom wink
grin Les
Umm.. did you forget the 99T with a compass in the butt? Let's stick with the maturity.

grin
whistle
I'm class of 84,your right Dave ,Tug Hill kids are tough even my girls tough.Dave Martin is the only one i see often from your town/school.the tug hill- adirondack guns ,alot rode around in log trucks,skidders ,tractors spreading manure,used as crow bars, pv's .i've seen
some nice ones but most are used hard.Calhoun,upstaters are good people like in most rural areas of the USA .
Boltman, Im right there with ya brother class of 76 John
Originally Posted by boltman
Originally Posted by Violator22

Class of '88!? Class of '81? Good grief, I'm class of '75! What the heck? grin I thought you two were about 20 years older than me! crazy

Steve(Boltman)
Gotta Laugh at Some of these Youngsters.
You Class of 75 Hmmm! We got More In Comin than Mausers You Living In Gods Country My Home away From Home and Savages!
Stever
Class of 56 (Johnson City, N.Y.). We had our 50th reunion
last June. Everybody changed and aged, or died except me...
crowmagnum
Congrat On Being THere! 50 Year! Wow.
And Thanks for Making Me Feel Like a Youngster! smile smile smile
Stever
Some of them were probably used for snow shovels!! grin grin
Don,

Blizzard of '77, a 30" barrel 1899 woulda disappeared if dropped butt first. eek grin

Dave
I may be in West Leyden, but Sararoga and Mechanicsville are close to where I grew-up, in Cambridge/Buskirk, NY.
Lyons Falls, and Port Leyden, why we've all been home-boys at some point. I'm a class of 88'er myself, but they closed my school in Hoosick Falls, (St. Mary's Acadamy) the last resort for a bad Babtist boy!
New Paltz and Catskill.

Stuck in Georgia but will die in a snow drift in NY.
Originally Posted by PeteSavage

Stuck in Georgia but will die in a snow drift in NY.

We find a few SUV's every spring when the drifts and plow hump alongside the roads melt off grin
I had a dream of being a Tug Hill boy (transplant from NH) but it didn't work out. Still dreaming. smile
Good grief,,,,,,I'm class of '63. Now that's old!!!! grin grin
It sure is!!!!!!John
Grew up in Johnstown, Now I split my time in NY and CT.
Originally Posted by saddlering
Boltman, Im right there with ya brother class of 76 John

Thanks John - you're in there with me but it still depressed me that I still beat you out by a year. I didn't perk up until I read a couple others - e.g. "Class of '63" - now that picked me up grin Oh, and "Class of 56" whistle Now I am feeling much better grin wink
© 24hourcampfire