Home
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
What a find! Great work Rory!

Is there a PDF available? Want this for the library.
Just this article, or the entire magazine? I'm not sure 500 pages of gas industry information is that interesting to people.. grin

I could clean them up and turn it into a 3 page PDF tonight.
On a PC right click in the center of the page, left click on 'copy image', open paint, or some other image editing software, on the keyboard hit Ctrl + V at the same time and you have a copy of the first page (or use the paste function in the utility), then save the page under a name you will remember as a .jpg, .png, or other format. Do that for all three pages. I stretched the borders of first page and then pasted the other two beside it so it all in one file. It's the same resolution as posted here.

PS - you can also save a copy of each page directly to your computer that way using 'save image as', you just have to be able to find the folder it went to and you can paste them into a single file.
Very interesting read! Cool find
Good find!
The article touches on many factory processes that we've wondered about.
Plus it was written in 1933 when the Utica factory was active.
The author clearly interviewed Savage personnel for this story.
Bookmark it!
Fascinating. I wish someone had good pictures of the machines they used to make th barrels. Sounds very interesting.
Dang what a find! That is interesting. I can see why they can't produce Savage lever actions anymore, they would cost a bunch!
Very interesting. Thanks for posting.
Great find and very interesting…thanks Rory!
I was thinking what Fireball said as I read the article.
I'm sure there is a Savage barrel making machine at the Cody museum
They moved them all into storage. frown
I was hoping he would state the stock finish but didn't. This is a keeper.
Originally Posted by Calhoun
They moved them all into storage. frown
that's a shame
Great find, Rory. Question: 1st page mentions octagon barrels ... would that be .22s? No octagon 99 inn 1933.
Originally Posted by KeithNyst
Great find, Rory. Question: 1st page mentions octagon barrels ... would that be .22s? No octagon 99 inn 1933.
It appears that the article was written in retrospect. Not necessarily current processes.
I think Keith is right. The first picture in the article is of the assembly room and all the guns lined up on the left look like 29's.
© 24hourcampfire