Home
Penned by the man himself.

We've read and heard different things about Arthur in Australia.
Includes more detail than most stories and probably some embellishments.
Still a fun read that has been posted several years ago.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Fun read, thanks!
interesting. We are lucky he survived the perils of Australia.
Also titled; Black Lives Matter in Ausi Land.
I had no idea there are parrots in Australia. I'm sure they are probably poisonous like every other animal there seems to be.
Who's gonna walk away from their encamped wife and daughters at dusk in a strange land, with marauders known to be around (,...and keep going on foot , for 18 miles! all night... ), looking for a lost saddle, that they'd noticed still there, just a few miles back ? I don't know, how about bare-back horse? (, they had five with them!, ..just in case he found the saddle?), or maybe in the morning with the whole family?, maybe even carrying a gun or two?

I guess readers of outdoor adventuring were just as easily fooled in print 100 years ago as they are on the internet now, ...

Fun read though! Thanks for sharing!
It was in the paper so it must be true...
Originally Posted by JeffG
Who's gonna walk away from their encamped wife and daughters at dusk in a strange land, with marauders known to be around (,...and keep going on foot , for 18 miles! all night... ), looking for a lost saddle, that they'd noticed still there, just a few miles back ?
Arthur W. Savage.
Who would have thought the same guy would go on to invent torpedoes, tack hammers, rifles, tires and numbers of patents?
Manage rail roads, citrus groves, search for gold, etc?
The saddle bit may be true.😀
Maybe his wife was armed and was capable of using it.
© 24hourcampfire