Home
Posted By: Jerseyboy Pictures of two 99s - 02/26/24
Pictures of my customized 1955 99 F in 300 Savage and new-to-me 1952 99 EG also in 300 Savage. They will be posted by RAS for me. I lost my Photobucket account and can't seem to get ImageEvent to work.
Posted By: RAS Re: Pictures of two 99s - 02/26/24
First 4

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

5-8

When Marty (Jerseyboy) says custom, he means custom. I think him and FB are right up there on getting the most out of their 99‘s.

I will let Marty explain all the details to enhance function and accuracy of these two rifles.
Posted By: Jerseyboy Re: Pictures of two 99s - 02/26/24
The 99 F was made in 1955, first year of production. It's a 300 Savage. I got it from a friend who is now 96 and doesn't hunt anymore who bought it new. He got his biggest buck with it. Of course, I have the original butt stock stored away. I had Wenig Gunsmithing copy a dummy stock with a straight comb and shadow line cheek piece for me. I borrowed the dummy butt stock from a gunsmith I know. I did all the rest of the work except for checkering. I went back to the gunsmith for that.

I recently picked up the 99 EG from another gunsmith who was selling it for another customer. The gunsmith had recently reblued it and the stock had been cut. I mounted and shaped a thin rubber butt pad as it came with a giant 1-1/2" recoil pad mounted. I had an old Leupold 4x scope lying around, and that is about perfect for this rifle. It shoots pretty well. I like it.
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Pictures of two 99s - 02/26/24
Beautiful hunting guns.. they should both be around and killing deer long after we're all gone.
© 24hourcampfire