Home
Added serial# Serial # 3139XX to my group of G's. The is the nicest one of all. 300 Sav (top) and high luster blue, blemish free.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

That's beauty!!! Really nice. Love that high luster.
That's a beauty! And right in that late Model 99 mirror blue range. Congrats!
A couple more pics

Wow! Very cool. Congrats sir.
I like the dark wood.
I got one like that in 303...I have to check my serial numbers to see how close it is to yours. They are beautiful rifles.
great collection
I've been lucky enough to find a B, F and a G, like yours, in that condition with the high polish receiver. Would like to find the other models to go with them but not holding my breath.

They appear to be in the 304xxx to 319xxx serial range but not all in that range have the high polish and if they did doesn't mean they still do. So, I think finding one like LBK's is pretty slim.
I've also seen 99A's and 99H's with it, but never with enough condition to make it worthwhile to buy.
Very nice rifle!

Lee
Originally Posted by Rick99
I've been lucky enough to find a B, F and a G, like yours, in that condition with the high polish receiver. Would like to find the other models to go with them but not holding my breath.

They appear to be in the 304xxx to 319xxx serial range but not all in that range have the high polish and if they did doesn't mean they still do. So, I think finding one like LBK's is pretty slim.
I have several with various degrees of high luster as in traces. But this is the only one I have been able to come by that was within reach and I wasn't about to walk away.
Well Done Stephen!
Originally Posted by Poconojack
Well Done Stephen!

Thanks, Ted.
WoW LBK! That's as close to NIB as it could be, without the box. Beautiful!
Originally Posted by JeffG
WoW LBK! That's as close to NIB as it could be, without the box. Beautiful!

Not too shabby for a 97 year old gun. I am happy.
You got a 22 H.P. in the group?
Originally Posted by ed7189

Not in a G. I have an early E in 22HP and a Crescent in a HP.
Congrats Stephen! You've got yourself a beauty for sure.
Second one down here is one of the 99's with mirror finish in 22HP. Trying to remember if I've seen another.. I don't recall. I lucked into this. Nice condition, but not as minty as LBK's 300.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Originally Posted by Calhoun
I lucked into this.

Luck is ALWAYS a major player. I was lucky this was the first table I went to AND I had enough money in my pocket to close the deal. AND I made a friend at the same time.
Thanks all for the great replies.
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Second one down here is one of the 99's with mirror finish in 22HP. Trying to remember if I've seen another.. I don't recall. I lucked into this. Nice condition, but not as minty as LBK's 300.

Might have been this one. Guns International, 2022, 309947, 99-G, .22 HP
Originally Posted by Rick99
Might have been this one. Guns International, 2022, 309947, 99-G, .22 HP
Interesting.. right range, but if it's still there I can't find a link. My 22HP is a late mirror 99, close to 319,xxx.

Here's a 30-30 99G that sold on gunsinternational, SN 308494 it looks like. They are out there..

[Linked Image from images.gunsinternational.com]
My G in 30-30 has the nice mirror finish.
Mine is a G in 303 318xxx not as nice as above
Almost 100 years ago they made something that you can hardly find anywhere today. This was an on the shelf rifle.
Longbeardking , Hi , you got a pretty nice rifle there . It looks like the day it was made. I noticed it's a take down. I'm getting the idea all takedowns did not come factory with a 410 barrel or some other caliber that matches the rotor ,but they were all cased sets if you wanted that feature and had to order them that way.
Malcolm, it's a model 99G and the norm was they came by themselves. The vast majority of 99G's were sold as just the rifle.

A 410 barrel could be ordered as an accessory for any Savage takedown, and they were sold by Savage from 1921 into the 1930's.

The Savage Combination Kit (cased set) was a special factory offering by itself, consisting of a 99G in 300 Savage / 24" 410 barrel / factory case.
Calhoun, Were there any cased sets that came with an extra barrel that was not .410 ? Like say a303 with a 38 55 extra barrel, or a .22 HP with a 25 35 extra barrel? Thanx ,
Malcolm.
Not as a standard offering. They were no longer making the 25-35/32-40/38-55 rifles when they started the cased sets, so even a special order there would be surprising. But a 22HP/303, or 22HP/30-30 could have possibly been done. It’d be a custom order tho.

Maybe Fug has seen something, somewhere?
© 24hourcampfire