Home
Hello all. I had been watching this rifle for quite some time and then decided to take a chance on it. Can't find any info on it though. It is a Savage Model 90 Carbine, .22 long rifle, 16.5" barrel. Anyone ever seen one of these???

Thanks, Mike...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[img]http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o243/rgr223cal/Savage%20Model%2090/new037.jpg[/img]
Here are a few more pictures:

Mike...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Very similar to a Model 60, except for the carbine barrel and barrel band. Information I have says 1969 to 1972. Don't see too many around. Looks like a neat find. Jim
Thanks Jim. I found that info on a Google search but not much more. I did find this full 2 page add for the rifle in a March of 1969 edition of The American Rifleman. Pretty neat stuff...!!!

Mike...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Cool pics. Always enjoy seeing the old ads and such.
I used the Blue Book of Gun Values and old shooters bibles. I guess I still like to look at catalog or a book. Old fashioned in some ways I guess.
I like that it is a carbine with a very short barrel - don't see too many of these, of any brand. About 10 years from now it will have C&R status smile
I am going to pick up a Weaver D4 for it. I think that it will fit in with quite well...!!! Then off to the range...

Mike...
That looks like a fun little rifle. Just about right for your tiny little deer up there. grin grin grin

Good pick up, wouldn't mind having one of those for myself.
Mike, I think you have go from "tripping" over the good OLD stuff thru "stumbling" over some semi modern savages,to just getting a slight "SPRAIN" on the little 22. its almost too new!!!!! grin Don
grin grin grin

This just might wind up being a tripper. Seems to be almost unheard of...!!!

I just need the stud loops. Any ideas anyone...???

Mike...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
No ideas on what sling loops I need...???

Mike...
Looks like a #7. You might be able to take the loops out of another set/makers and use them.

Attached picture Sav#7SlingStrapLoops.jpg
Yes Rick. Looks like a #7 to me...!!!

Anyone have an extra set lying around...???

Mike...

[Linked Image]
Well I threw the Weaver D4 with a duplex reticule on the rifle. Boy does it feel good. Range report to come sometime soon...!!!

Mike....

[Linked Image]
What...????

Knowone likes my new toy...!!! grin grin grin

Click For Goodies (lots more to come)...!!!

Mike...
Originally Posted by rgr223cal
What...????

Knowone likes my new toy...!!! grin grin grin

Mike...

Mike,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it's a 22 cal. ginny grinder!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For cripes sake. grin grin grin Looks sorta like a Mossberg!!!!!
Oh geez... Thanks Stephen... Spoil my night... grin grin grin

I am really kinda taking a liking to it...!!!

Mike...

Originally Posted by rgr223cal
Oh geez... Thanks Stephen... Spoil my night... grin grin grin

I am really kinda taking a liking to it...!!!

Mike...

It's a dirty job, but somebody's got to do it.!!!! grin grin grin
Too Funny...!!! grin grin grin

Mike...

It ain't a 99...

grin
It ain't old!!!! grin looks identical to a Marlin.
Yeah... It's only 40 years old, like me, a youngin'...!!! I will post it again in 20 years... grin grin grin

Mike...

© 24hourcampfire