Home
Posted By: 99trix Looks like a shooter! - 10/25/09
I had my 99C in 284 to the range about a month ago and I wasn't happy with the shooting. It was no where near what I needed for accuracy to take hunting. Since I believe the same as Jed that life it too short to hunt with an ugly gun I peeled off the pressed checkering cheap looking walnut and installed some late factory 99 wood with cut checkering and a monte carlo butt stock. I also installed the VXII 3-9x40 leupold scope. When I couldn't get the groupings that I liked I added the o-ring to the forestock screw and presto we have a shooter! This group was at 50 yrds with factory Winchester 150 gr power points. This one is going into the field for sure!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Blair
Posted By: rgr223cal Re: Looks like a shooter! - 10/25/09
Proof of the "O" ring idea...

Nice...

Mike...
Posted By: nash22 Re: Looks like a shooter! - 10/25/09
Nice group, I didn't know about the "O" ring deal. I have a 300 I'll have to try that on.

nash
Posted By: 1899sav Re: Looks like a shooter! - 10/25/09
Blair
Looks Great. And Nice Shootin
Posted By: lovemy99 Re: Looks like a shooter! - 10/25/09
nice looking gun... nice group!!! Pictures of dead game expecteed next!!!
Posted By: polarisjeff Re: Looks like a shooter! - 10/25/09
I tried the O-ring on mine and it made a huge differance. Tightest grouping I have ever seen the old girl do
Posted By: oldman1942 Re: Looks like a shooter! - 10/25/09
What is the O ring and where does it go?
Posted By: lovemy99 Re: Looks like a shooter! - 10/25/09
rubber o-ring... goes over the screw stud that the forearm screw goes in on the bottom of the barrel...
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Looks like a shooter! - 10/25/09
Floats the barrel a bit away from the forearm. Can relieve forearm stress without removing any wood. Doesn't always work, but worth a try.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Looks like a shooter! - 10/25/09
Way to go Blair. I believe in 2 classes of 99's- safe queens (investments) and shooters. It's usually the shooters that have more interesting stories behind them.

Cahoun, can I relieve neck stress if I wear a big O-ring like a necklace? (Before this gets out of hand re: other parts of the body, let's stop right here!)
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Looks like a shooter! - 10/25/09
Sure can.. I'll even come over and help jam it down over your head. grin grin grin
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Looks like a shooter! - 10/26/09
I'll bet you say that to all the girls!! laugh
Posted By: oldman1942 Re: Looks like a shooter! - 10/30/09
I tried to get a private O ring but 6" diameter was all Hardware Hank had.
Posted By: norm99 Re: Looks like a shooter! - 11/01/09
just make sure its three sizes to small and all your stress will be gone in less thah 10 mins. wink wink
© 24hourcampfire