Home
Posted By: johno Help With Gunbroker Problem - 02/18/11
Well there are two rifles on gunbroker that I am hot to trot for. Being in Australia ive hit a snag, both sellers are happy to deal with me. If the sale is complete they send the rifles to Simpson LTD for export. What could be easier you may ask.

Gunbroker wont allow me to bid as i'm overseas. BUGGER.
Is there someone here, not sure if you need to be a dealer. That could bid on my behalf, of course I would have to transfer funds by pay pal to my bid limit to the persons account. If I was not the winning bidder this person would then refund the money, I believe with a refund there are no extra charges. Of course the person acting for me would need to be a member ive know for awhile, also I would expect to be charged a fee for your service.

Kick it around fellas, you would not even need to take delivery of the rifles just have them shipped to Simpsons.
Oh year its a NIB 99T in 22 h.p. No you have cleaned up you spilled coffee, i'll come clean. Its not a 99, I know sin, sin, sin, but I can't afford the prices the rifles are going for. Oh this will be the last shipment the importer here is doing so its my last chance for a Cooper 22 hornet

Johno
Be very, very, very careful brokering funds thru paypal for a gun deal. A fella called me the other day who has 6 grand tied up with paypal on a gun deal. And, you would pay about 5% in fees.
Paypal doesn't allow guns (or ammunition, or I believe even brass or bullets - basically, anything they don't allow on Ebay). If you defy them and they catch you, they can hang you up for a good while.
Posted By: 99guy Re: Help With Gunbroker Problem - 02/18/11
Johno:

I would wire the money to your American friend's bank account. If you don't win he can wire it back to you.

Just sayin'
bank to bank wire fees ain't cheap either... they charge on both ends...
Posted By: johno Re: Help With Gunbroker Problem - 02/18/11
My problem isnt the money, I can send it to someone to bid on my behalf without declaring to pay pal. Wire it as suggested or U.S. bank draft.

My problem lies with gunbroker, I cannot bid on the 2 rifles as i'm overseas. To ask someone to bid for me without immediate access to my funds would be asking an awfull lot.

Johno
Posted By: 99guy Re: Help With Gunbroker Problem - 02/18/11
Yep:

But don't have to worry about your money getting tied up someplace or disappearing into cyberspace.
Posted By: Rick99 Re: Help With Gunbroker Problem - 02/19/11
JohnO, have you asked the exporter if they would buy it?
Posted By: johno Re: Help With Gunbroker Problem - 02/19/11
Rick, I have sent them several emails and no reply. But have found a way around things with the assistance of some very fine savage people right here.

No names no pack drill, just my thanks

Johno
Paypal is the LAST third party I would use for this transaction. They are NOTORIOUS for tying up funds, justified or not, for months. Google Paypal horror stories and you'll get a glimpse.

Anybody who has a credit card or bank account of any import tied to their Paypal account needs to realize what their Terms of Service allows them to do. If there ever was a time to have a dummy bank account with almost zero balance, and low-limit CC, Paypal is it!

I would never, ever, put myself in a position where Paypal could hold any significant money, nor hook up an account with them that was anthing other than a sweep-in, with immediate withdrawals/transfers once the funds hit.

Paypal SUCKS! And if you're a gun owner, Paypal BITES too.

Screw Paypal. I'll happily take my business elsewhere.

rb
I like Paypal, I started doing ebay in'97 and used to send MO's for everything. In most instances, buying guns over the 'net yields the chit that all the other in person buyers have passed on because of defects.
Originally Posted by johno
Rick, I have sent them several emails and no reply. But have found a way around things with the assistance of some very fine savage people right here.

No names no pack drill, just my thanks

Johno
Can you get a U.S. address and telephone number for the purposes of registering a Gunbroker account?
© 24hourcampfire