Home
Posted By: DarkStar Is this a fair price????? - 09/24/11
I know a picture is worth a thousand words but i dont have one. 99 in .308 re-barreled with a McGowen, re-blued but done really well, brass rotor, tang safety, rounded forearm. D&T'D with scope mounts, great hunter/shooter they are asking 499 dollars what do you guys think????
Posted By: boltman Re: Is this a fair price????? - 09/24/11
Are you looking for a great shooter/hunter? Is it just what you want? The D&T would be original of course as it is a post-mil. I don't think you would fare well if you wanted to flip it but again, if it is what YOU want and in the market for, I wouldn't suggest you got robbed. I would also think if $499 is the asking price - I'd offer about $400 with the agenda of at least paying no more than $450. Again, only if I really wanted it.
If the seller can get his asking price for a post mil rifle in the condition you described, I would say he did great.

Tim
Posted By: DarkStar Re: Is this a fair price????? - 09/24/11
Yeah i thought it was a little high, dont want to flip it, want to hunt with it. Barrel looks really clean and its a nice looking rifle but the price is whats bothering me...
And it sounds like it hasn't sold yet either. Make him an offer for an amount that wouldn't bother you.
Posted By: Skidrow Re: Is this a fair price????? - 09/24/11
+1
For literally years I have worried about price. It was just this year that I made up my mind that if I saw a gun, or anything else for that matter, IF I liked what i saw, and IF I had the money in my pocket, it was going home with me. I have made up my mind, that MONEY in and of itself is WORTHLESS. And it's getting worse every day. It still takes a little persuasion at times from my friends to push me in that direction, but I'd rather hold something in my hands that makes me smile than a mit full of devaluating government promises. JMO.
+1 on that LBK. Sometimes I feel like an absolute thief when I hand someone some of this worthless paper and walk away with a fine rifle (or carbine wink )
Posted By: DGF Re: Is this a fair price????? - 09/25/11
OH CRAP LBK!!! I wish I 'd a known that 3 weeks ago. Ha! grin grin
I'm with LBK. Worthless paper. Now if those were silver dollars, 12 dollars ought to buy the rifle. And of course, one silver dollar would buy about 11 gallons of gas!
Originally Posted by DGF
OH CRAP LBK!!! I wish I 'd a known that 3 weeks ago. Ha! grin grin

I think you and I did "OK"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin
Posted By: Loggah Re: Is this a fair price????? - 09/25/11
Doug,John and i had to shame him(LBK) into it!!! grin grin Don
What are friends for???? grin grin grin
Posted By: lovemy99 Re: Is this a fair price????? - 09/25/11
Originally Posted by oldgunsmith
I'm with LBK. Worthless paper. Now if those were silver dollars, 12 dollars ought to buy the rifle. And of course, one silver dollar would buy about 11 gallons of gas!

last time I checked silver won't keep you warm at night or put food on your table, etc etc etc. Its as worthless as the paper in my book.

Drew,

LMAO

Originally Posted by lovemy99
Originally Posted by oldgunsmith

last time I checked silver won't keep you warm at night or put food on your table, etc etc etc. Its as worthless as the paper in my book.

wink But its more cost efficient to store silver than keep a warm fat good cook. grin GW

Posted By: DarkStar Re: Is this a fair price????? - 09/25/11
I agree 100% on the whole theory(that is if it trips your trigger go for it) buuuut just wanted to ask the experts. Its not a private seller but a gun store and the price is the price. Last year i jumped on a 1950 EG in 250 sav with a Redfield peep, and of course the bug now has me. I will hunt with the EG but a nice little carbine in .308win would be the schitt, especially with a 1-5X Leupy on it. The other problem is i just had a kid so wifey would have to be kept in the dark.... Guess you guys dont know anything about that......;) Thanks for the replys, good huntin...
BIG mistake..................NEVER, I REPEAT, NEVER keep the wife in the dark, unless you can pay for a divorce. If this is necessary, find another wife.
what is silver going for...have some graded morgans,,,no clue!
what is silver going for...have some graded morgans,,,no clue!
Posted By: Loggah Re: Is this a fair price????? - 09/26/11
Hey we knew you didn't have a clue!!!!! grin but not sure about the silver !! grin
Posted By: boltman Re: Is this a fair price????? - 09/26/11
In my experience gun stores are often willing to deal on price some. But, if you just have a new addition to your family and cash in short supply, I would recommend some advice from another member here (Jed): "you only need one shooter." That .250 you have will probably handle about anything you were going to use that .308 on wink
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Is this a fair price????? - 09/26/11
If you have the bug and a new kid, save the $499 for a better grade shooter. You won't get to buy too many, so choose carefully.
Posted By: Dunright Re: Is this a fair price????? - 09/26/11
that 250,,with proper placement WILL kill anything in north america friend.
Don't buy nothin' that has been d'd with, is what they're getn at ...I concur.
Posted By: Ron_T Re: Is this a fair price????? - 09/27/11
Originally Posted by boltman
Are you looking for a great shooter/hunter? Is it just what you want? The D&T would be original of course as it is a post-mil. I don't think you would fare well if you wanted to flip it but again, if it is what YOU want and in the market for, I wouldn't suggest you got robbed. I would also think if $499 is the asking price - I'd offer about $400 with the agenda of at least paying no more than $450. Again, only if I really wanted it.

Perfect answer and I agree 100% !~!~!

I wouldn't pay more than $450 for it.
smile

Strength & Honor...

Ron T.
© 24hourcampfire