Home
Posted By: fatjack34 OT! WARNING!! GB auction.. - 03/01/12
...this is my auction...just need some other eyes or if you or somebody you know is looking...well, here it is...

Fatjack34 GB auction....look if you want...or not!
Posted By: boltman Re: OT! WARNING!! GB auction.. - 03/01/12
I took a look at it... didn't seem to harm me in any way wink
Nice!!!! Thanks for the gander!
Fatjack-excellent job on the description and pictures for the auction. It should do well...
Posted By: Phil99 Re: OT! WARNING!! GB auction.. - 03/01/12
That Stith setup alone ought to draw some interest. Good luck with it.

Rod
Thanks Rod and wisconcin99!
Gosh darn it John..................I'm at work and can't view gunbroker. What are we looking at????
I remember when this gun was for sale on GB many moons ago... neat little gun with some interesting checkering!
Pristine reputation? whistle
grin
...Pure as the driven snow...in downtown Cleveland! grin
Posted By: Skidrow Re: OT! WARNING!! GB auction.. - 03/01/12

Pure as the driven snow

I had a little Mexican kid describe his sister to me using those same words in a bar in TJ once. wink grin
Neat gun. Do any of you guys think thee's a chance the checkering was factory done?
JTC letter says no, but I question that often things were done and NOT logged in books....BUT, those who know, know. They say it is NOT the work of the SAVAGE wood workers, but I don't know because I didn't work there that day it came off the line...but then again, do we really know who did???? Riddle wrapped in an enigma and shrouded by mystery...Kind of like the JFK assasination...only the damn shooter knew who the real shooter was!
I looked at it and all it did was make me wanna spend a grand I don't have LOL
Very nice rifle!
Posted By: Skidrow Re: OT! WARNING!! GB auction.. - 03/01/12
It for the most part don't make no never mind. To the right person it will have value. There are lots of folks that go for the quality aftermarket work. Look at Mark's guns. It seems that he really goes for Griffin and Howe custom stuff. Not exactly factory pure but valuable to the right person never the less.
The afternoon that John and I exchanged cash for guns I had a good look at this carbine. It is REALLY pleasing to look at. I did NOT notice the flaws that John pointed out. The bluing looked fine to me. The checkering REALLY adds to this guns appearance. Quality work. I told him what I would ask for it if it were mine. Now I'm curious to see what it sells for. Good luck John.
I'm not going to let him give it away. smile
I didn't check the bidders list. I NEVER buy auction guns. You're safe from me.
Thanks LBK! The rifle will find a good home. I am going to miss the Stith and that neat little Weaver...funny thing about that 440 Weaver...pretty novel and not as common as say the 330's. All in all a nice set up.
I tried to describe it to the absolute best of my ability. I have got stuck 1 time really good on a GB rifle. My own damn fault for 1.) NOTasking a million questions and 2.) Trusting a guy I had a strange vibe about....instinct goes a long way!
Posted By: boltman Re: OT! WARNING!! GB auction.. - 03/02/12
Originally Posted by gregintenn
I'm not going to let him give it away. smile

You'd better hit the buy-it-now button laugh
Good deal! Man, I wanted to pull the trigger. Not really sure why I didn't.
© 24hourcampfire