Home
Internet is a bit slow where I'm at so I won't try a lot at once. Great people and guns here!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A couple more:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
More (and by the way, yes, oops, I don't have any pictures of people yet!

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
What's the story on that trunk, that thing is killer
That early barrel band 1899F is sweet! Thanks boltman.
Originally Posted by steve99
That early barrel band 1899F is sweet! Thanks boltman.

that is actually one of the exceptionally rare 1895 SRCs. Wish I was looking at it right now!

Originally Posted by billy336

ditto... not seen that one before...
Originally Posted by billy336

Case for a WWI Lewis machinegun, Savage made them. He left the gun home that goes with it.
Boltman,
Looking forward to seeing you and all the nice "stuff" tomorrow along with all the folks. Heading out about 4:30 AM. Luckly a good friend is coming with me so driving won't be bad.

He and I are working on 2 projects:
1. An infrared thermostat interface with the window A/C in the shop and then connecting to the internet so I can call the thermo on the phone and start the A/C when I need to.
2. Designing a new single shot rifle which will have a couple of unique ejection featurers. Never before seen.

Now is that diverse for topics and should make the drive go quickly. grin
Thanks for posting these. Keep them coming please.

Rod
Got some more. Sorry, I was so taken with the rifles that I haven't done people pictures yet. I suppose I could take a picture of myself right now but I will spare you.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Looks like somebody likes Rs just like me. smile

What cals are those???

I see an early R in 30-30. That is a rare one.

I know some were .300's of course. Trying to get more pictures up but I am having some speed and connectivity problems at the hotel I am at. Slow going.
be interested to hear if the owner had any thing to back up the post War RS 99Rs... I have one that COULD be an RS I suppose but I have never lettered it... always wondered if the post war RSs would letter as an RS or R???
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/steve004/Marlin/Savage/039.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/steve004/Marlin/Savage/040.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/steve004/Marlin/Savage/041.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/steve004/Marlin/Savage/042.jpg[/img]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Those R's include everything.. 300, 250, 30-30, 243, 308, 358.
Here is Rick's display of 99H's (with a small amount of help from yours truly). Rick has exhaustively researched all of the nuances related to the M99H.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
No people pics necessary....the guns are better looking.... laugh

Thanks for sharing the pics. Can't wait for more!!!!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
That's all I can manage tonight. The internet speed has not been kind but I think what I have posted gives those who could not attend an idea of what a great event this is smile
Thanks Steve!!!
WOWOW !~!~!

There's some beautiful 99s in those pictures. I didn't realize the guys went so far in bringing a wide variety of 99s to put on display at the SavageFest.

Some of those displays look like they took a long time just to set up! Great stuff, guys... really GREAT STUFF !~!~!

Ron T.
What a sight to wake up to. I think I will just sit here an drool for a while. I just gotta make one of these events. Have fun and a safe journey home to all.
Nice stuff! hope all have a good & safe time, How about a group Pic, we did that at the few I made it too!
Very nice. Neat stuff.
Besides his collection of beautiful 99s Rick has some collection of sights. No wonder I can,t find a good stith.
Thanks Steve keep them coming.
Jerry
Splendid!

(That's green for envy!)
Great pics, Thanks for sharing.

Mike
To all those at the Fest, I got home fine.
Had a excellant time, saw many fine pieces. Truely enjoyed all that I learned and the incredible people we met!
A special thanks to Steve for his fine fine job. Wonderfull facility and lunch.

Boltman, what do you think of a Cogswell & Harrison Certus bolt action in 8 gauge. grin
All the way back Rolf and I discussed the Blake rifle clip in reference to my Steyr project. Thanks for bringing them.
Oh yes, a pop up rear peep will just have to be made
Lynn -

Good to hear you and Rolf made it back safe and sound. Of course I like the idea of a Certus in an 8 gauge. I'm already working on the marketing promotion: it will be the British version of a, "Camp Eight" and it will fire both buck and ball smile smile While we're brain-storming, how about a Blake rifle in eight gauge? Have to scale it up a bit but a detachable rotary clip with 7 eight gauge shells stuffed in... how could one not feel confident? Enjoyed talking with you and look forward to seeing how you finish that Steyr out.
Most are home or close to home by now. Left-overs already in bear baits in the woods! And lots of guns yet to be put away.
It was GREAT to meet a bunch of Savage enthusiasts again, some new (to me) and others from 2009! I'm guessing everyone had as much fun as I did. Hopefully I'll make a few non-Wisconsin Fests in the future, and meet some more Savages!
Hey, Bruce! Home at 9:10 PM. smile

Thanks for all your hard work and great food! grin
Steve
Thanks for the Photo's.
Back late Last Night.

THANKS TO ALL WHOM HOSTED and There Hard Work.
My Praise,thanks and hat's off to Great bunch, they really put a lot of work and effort into it.
Steve
Fish!
[Linked Image]
You can see in the foreground that it wasnt all 99s. Fine collections of .22 and 24 too!
Lots of time spent talking.
[Linked Image]
Hard to find a conversation going on that wasnt worth listening in on...
John and Bruce...
[Linked Image]

or Josh and John...
[Linked Image]
Looks like a fine group, and I heard the food wqas outstanding.
Originally Posted by RAS

What cals are those???

Jeff
Prewar-John Had 30-30,303,300 and 250-3000
PostWar-Premil 300,250,308,

Most or Prewar Including Mine there were 30-30,300,303,250-3000
Steve
Originally Posted by 1899sav
Originally Posted by RAS

What cals are those???

Most or Prewar Including Mine there were 30-30,300,303,250-3000
Steve

Did they make any others?
What's an 'R'? smile
its what a pirate says... laugh laugh
Originally Posted by lovemy99

Did they make any others? [/quote]

Drew
Pending if you want Cataloged or Uncatalogued! grin
Originally Posted by 1899sav
Originally Posted by lovemy99

Did they make any others?

Drew
Pending if you want Cataloged or Uncatalogued! grin [/quote]

You've seen or heard of prewar Rs in calibers other than those you listed?? The 30-30 is rare one that was not cataloged but I have not heard of any others... would love to... how cool would a prewar R in 22HP be!!
Originally Posted by lovemy99[quote=lovemy99

... how cool would a prewar R in 22HP be!!

Off the frikin charts cool. wink

Wow! Just looked through these again....thinking to myself...there must be at least one here I owned before. Thnx for the picture of Roes factory cut-away! I did own that once. smile
© 24hourcampfire