Home
Posted By: nash22 Date of Manufacture: model 99A - 11/15/12
A friend of mine has a model 99A Saddle gun in 308 caliber with the steel rotor and a case hardened lever, s/n B4749XX.
Anybody know what year it was made?

Thanks,
nash
Probably between 1974-1976
Thanks

nash
Early 1974.
1974... I was just getting out of college. The beer was cold and the women were hot, and my Jaguar XK-150 was running sweet (sort of). I was only vaguely aware that Savage even existed...
I was In head-start, pre kindergarten program at the Alice school, Milk was cold, Women where scarey teachers and my red tricycle was running sweet. I was blissfully oblivious to the existence of Savage. smile
I was in 9th grade and lusting over the 99EG that belonged to my buddy's father. His father is now gone, but he still has the rifle that started my life long Savage addiction.
1974 - I was driving my 1966 Mustang to high school and was pretty darn close to buying my first Savage - a .250-3000. What a thrill buying that rifle was smile A very pleasant memory. I have bought a lot of Savages since then but none thrilled me as much as that purchase.
1974? Hmm.. 5th grade, building tree houses and shooting BB guns at barn swallows and catching bullheads in a tiny little farm pond.
I was married 3 kids ,quit flying and buying savages cause I coud not afford them even at 60-70dollars for mod B -As and 2-5 bucks for 22s

norm
Originally Posted by Calhoun
1974? Hmm.. 5th grade, building tree houses and shooting BB guns at barn swallows and catching bullheads in a tiny little farm pond.

Rory - this sounds like a Norman Rockwell painting smile
1974, I was -1. Bunch of geezers around here wink
1974,Entered the Victoria Police Academy. I was 25 years old, strange to be refered to as Pop's at that age. Things have'nt got any better

Johno
Originally Posted by billy336

And that's why we're glad to have you around - someone has to be there when it comes time for all of us to sell wink
1974,I was somewhere in NE, CO, or WY in a Minuteman III missile silo. Stationed in Cheyenne, WY (F.E. Warren AFB). Been married for 1 year. Loved the hunting and fishing. Hunted with a 300 Savage 99E with see thru mounts (carry handle). Tom
Originally Posted by boltman
Originally Posted by billy336

And that's why we're glad to have you around - someone has to be there when it comes time for all of us to sell wink

Yessir, but yall take your time on that
© 24hourcampfire