Home
How about some 1899 CD's?? Would love to see a few. We certainly could use a change of pace.
My [bleep] CD

[Linked Image]

Mike
hehe, nice try. Regardless, its never the gun, just the man who owns it.
OK , I don't really have a CD , unless you count the movies I have on CD

Mike
Be careful with that thing, it does tend to hijack threads well!
A bit to my surprise, I am with Mike on this one - I don't have a single CD in my collection other than the movies. In fact, unless there's one I'm not remembering, I don't think I have ever owned a CD shocked
R U From Canuckisatan?? The cd is by far my favorite 1899 but to each there own.
I have a really nice 1899CD TD in 38-55. Need to get pictures.
No 1899CD.. closest I have is an A2 Special.
Rory - I thought you had many of these. At least I am set straight on this point wink
That is beautiful 6mm, fn gorgeous.
not a great picture of the whole rifle...1899CD with cstom ordered 24" barrel and no rear barrel sight.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
That's more like it. I got to attend a fest. Very nice Drew!
Sorry, Drew, 1899CD's weren't takedowns. grin

Gorgeous rifle. 303 Savage?
Rory,
Never say never. I have 130022 in 303 Takedown with a factory letter from JTC. I think the TD started around 1912.
Murray page 3-23 says starting after 1912 takedown was available on 22' & 26' round barrels. Was he wrong Cahoun? GW
Guys, note the smiley at the end.. was just giving Drew a hard time! Heck, wouldn't be surprised to find something that letters as an 1899CD with a shotgun buttplate.
smile smile smile smile

[Linked Image]
So I wonder how many actually show up in the ledger as CD's?
Didn't notice the four point pattern on the but, I have the stocks from # 1140xx with that same pattern shipped to the same vendor March 18 1911. In my limited experience it seems many special order rifles show up in that 1911 time frame.
Curious to know if anybody out there has a lettered Model 1899CD
with 22" half octagon barrel. I have never knowingly seen one.
Anybody ?
John you have seen one in 30-30 with a 20" Half and Half I think !!!
I should have known! As I recall, I was suffering from Savage overload while visiting your fine collection. I apologize for the lapse in memory.
Curious to know if your letter identifies a 20" or 22" barrel.
Also, if you could share the serial number with an xx or via PM I would appreciate it. Thanks.
John
I guess we could start an auction with my 25-35, been thinking about selling
If it's a factory lettered model 1899CD with a 22" half and half
barrel 25-35 in good condition we probably could!
26" oct.
With a letter ? Pics ? PM me.
John

Just went to pick up a gun I bought several months ago and this thread came to mind it is a CD Deluxe with the 1903 style butt plate and has a 22" half&half in 30-30
51.XXX
Murray's is indicating short barrel available as option around 1912 (130,000 serial range). I wonder if there are others out there like yours in the earlier serial range 50.xxx (1905). ?? Yours would indicate the short barrel being available from the beginning of production. Maybe we discovered yet another error
in the "bible". Hopefully others will comment.
wasn't the 23" highly engraved gun that Jed had around 71xxx?? Of course that was a highly custom gun and not just a single change from anotherwise stock order.

my custom CD with the letter shown earlier is just under 116xxx
The carved gun that the factory records show as sold to KING THE WOOD CARVER has a 24" half&half with no rear dovetail and that gun is 14XXX also if you look at page 3-17 in Murry for the 1899C
under barrel it list 26 octagon only for the model C if you can make them longer up to 30" why not shorter to 20"??? On 22's we have seen them longer than that!!!
© 24hourcampfire