Home
new king of the hill!

sorry for the live auction...I'm bored, I couldn't resist.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=325613131
I dont think even Omammy would want that one! grin
Originally Posted by JeffG

sorry for the live auction...I'm bored, I couldn't resist.

Awww.....thanks alot, I needed the bottom buttplate screw off that gun, now that you posted it it's gonna go to at least $35.
OMG.... it looks like a gorilla may have done that checkering!?!
3stars
What! That's not factory checkering? :-)

I don't know about King, but it's definitely royalty. -TomT
You get the tar, I'll get the feathers, the jagoff who did that deserves it
I suppose if you wanted one you could lay in the back of the truck and no worry about....
Jeff
Come on Now, that's a sweet hart of a rifle, just needs a little T.L.C.
You guys need to have a heart. Poor thing just needs a home and a little tlc,just better one of you guys than me.
To bad.......it appears to have been a pre war E in it's first life.
Still better than an EG in 300 though.
If it had a bright sharp bore, then one could be justified in restoring it for a shooter with new wood and a rust blue, if one didn't have to spend much more than the current bid to get it. But when the seller admits to the bore being 'dark', well...

I think my 1� year old grand niece could do a better job of checkering with her spork.
Originally Posted by 99guy
To bad.......it appears to have been a pre war E in it's first life.

there was somebody on here just a little while ago looking for an E of that vintage .price now 77.oo pays for the scopeand front sight ,now bid some more boys frown grin,,,Hummm i have the 303-30-30 do i need the 300,let me think about that

whistle

confused

collector--------------------accumulator???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

no rm
I think every collection of fine Savages should include at least one of this ilk, just keep things in perspective. smile
I had an idea some years back that maybe it would be just as entertaining--and certainly a hell of a lot cheaper--to assemble a collection of the worst Bubba guns that one could find. Instead of trying to find a pristine K or an in the box T, you could search out the 99 with the most extra holes, the worst amateur stock carving, the cheesiest Clorox-bottle inlays.

On a related note, the guys in my deer camp have a rotating White Elephant gun that we swap off every year or so. It's an old pump action Mossberg with a plastic pump slide (predates the Model 500 by 20 years or more). The miserable thing sat in the hold of a fishing boat for a decade before we got it, and since then, we've "improved" it with each passing year (pocket knife carvings of a deer on the stock, a couple of compasses, a Buffalo nickle crudely inletted in the cheeckpiece, Dremmel tool engraving of a few choice slogans on the receiver). We've given it to each other for high-school and college graduations, weddings, Christmas, birthdays, etc. It's gotten so that nobody in the group wants to receive a gun-shaped box as a gift, for fear that it'll contain "Old Mossy." Maybe that's what ought to be done with this 99; maybe it should become the traveling door prize for Savage Fest.

Rod
Originally Posted by Phil99
it should become the traveling door prize for Savage Fest.
Rod

Nailed it!!
Originally Posted by mad_dog
Still better than an EG in 300 though.

Certainly not as common. wink
Originally Posted by Lightfoot
Originally Posted by Phil99
it should become the traveling door prize for Savage Fest.
Rod

Nailed it!!

That's Perfect! NOW the bidding war begins! I've already signed up for a new GB account using an untraceable handle, so I can bid shamelessly and send it to the next host.
I'm thinking that it would be the ultimate "Tomato Stake." grin
Nice 300 eg's are an endangered species.
I've seen better looking firewoood.
Originally Posted by ctw
Nice 300 eg's are an endangered species.

A really sharp pre war EG ain't a bad gun. Try finding one.

Just sayin wink
The early slim for end checkered is nice, But any nice factory 99 is becoming hard to find. Including the mater stake.
© 24hourcampfire