Home
Posted By: Jacks Pa First deer with Grandpa's 99 - 11/21/13
[Linked Image]

Shot this doe yesterday with the 99K my dad passed down to me. My grandpa bought it new. One day I will pass it on to my son. The deer is not the biggest but it will always be special because it was the first for me with this fine gun.
Nice rifle!
Very "K"ool. Glad to see you hunt that old beauty. That is what they were made for. Congrats.
May not be the biggest, but will eat better than the big ones. My kind of deer, easy to carry out, little waste and tender. Grandpa would be proud of that one. GW
That's a beaut!! Nothing like carrying on the family traditions.
Curious, what caliber?
Nice going.

Beauty of gun and pic too.

Nice, good eating, and taken with gramps old 99, best thing you can do is take the old girl hunting, what it was made to do!
Originally Posted by mad_dog
Curious, what caliber?

300 Savage
Originally Posted by saddlering
Nice, good eating, and taken with gramps old 99, best thing you can do is take the old girl hunting, what it was made to do!

Plan is to take her home to Pennsylvania in a little over a week to see what she can do up there! She might even recognize the old woods!
Posted By: Plab Re: First deer with Grandpa's 99 - 11/21/13
nice rifle. your grandfather had good taste and displayed that well with his choice of scope mounts
he must have taken a few whitetails himself.

plab
Originally Posted by Plab
nice rifle. your grandfather had good taste and displayed that well with his choice of scope mounts
he must have taken a few whitetails himself.

plab

Actually, I added the scope. I can't shoot as well as he did! wink
Nice!
Very Nice Congrats!

Mike
There is something special about hunting with an heirloom. Congratulations! smile
Nice photo! A lot more meat there than the unpunched Minnesota tag I got in my pocket! Enjoy!
Originally Posted by Jacks Pa
[Linked Image]

Shot this doe yesterday with the 99K my dad passed down to me. My grandpa bought it new. One day I will pass it on to my son. The deer is not the biggest but it will always be special because it was the first for me with this fine gun.

This is AWESOME... what a great story!!!! Congrats!
© 24hourcampfire