Home
Posted By: Phil99 Spare Parts Needed Thread - 01/23/14
I was talking with Johno via PM this afternoon, and he mentioned again that he needs a rear ring for a Stith mount. I've thought for some time that maybe we need a thread where people who have "orphan" spare parts or who need spare parts could post what they have or what they need.

Stith mounts missing front tubes? Open sights missing elevators? One scope ring missing its mate? Tang sight missing a stem? What do you have? What do you need?

Rod
Posted By: Sbrown Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 01/23/14
Dang good idea. There are a few things I'm missing and a few odds and ends I could let go of to help someone in need.

Steve
Sounds good to me.
..dont have much accumulated (yet smile ), but I need the flip-down aperture, and hinge pin for same, for the Lyman 1A (SA) tang sight.

I do have some vintage scopes of Lyman, Weaver, Redfield, others etc...that I sell/trade from time to time.

dave

Posted By: johno Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 01/24/14
A really great idea Rod, now fellas I only need one rear 1" ring for my stith. Dig deep

Johno
Great idea.

1)I gutted the 1899 "lamp rifle" so I could weave a cord down thru it, so I have the internals from a 303, minus lever and trigger. No use to me. By the way, that rifle has an excellent octagon barrel.

2) need an elevator for the Savage with the side to side movement knobs from 100 years ago. Outside elevator, crap, #15? Can't remember right off.

3) got one of the Lyman 1A with the flip down peeps, and a Lyman 57sa with target knobs.
Posted By: Rups63 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 01/24/14
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Great idea.

1)I gutted the 1899 "lamp rifle" so I could weave a cord down thru it, so I have the internals from a 303, minus lever and trigger. No use to me. By the way, that rifle has an excellent octagon barrel.

2) need an elevator for the Savage with the side to side movement knobs from 100 years ago. Outside elevator, crap, #15? Can't remember right off.

3) got one of the Lyman 1A with the flip down peeps, and a Lyman 57sa with target knobs.

What would you ask for the 57a? Is it a complete unit? I'd be interested in it.
Posted By: johno Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 01/24/14
Roy, sent you a pm on the barrel.
Have an emu & chicks ready to ship in exchange

Johno
Oh good, running real low on emus here. Good timing.
Posted By: S99VG Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 01/24/14
Great idea!
Posted By: mad_dog Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 01/24/14
Where do I start?

Slides for Lyman 56's.

A die for a Savage 1904 loading tool (any caliber).

A rear mount and ring for a 7/8" Stith.

Forearm for a Savage 170.

Got a buddy looking for a 23B 25-20 magazine (the old square type).

You know, the easy stuff.
Posted By: 78CJ Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 01/24/14
I have an 1895 with a bad barrel that I have been contemplating parting out. Given the tough time finding a barrel and how much I have in this already I would just like to break even. Just not sure how much need there is for every little part?

Ryan
Hows the stock set?

Caw.....caw.

PM inbound.
Need a forearm for a Browning 20 gauge A5.
Originally Posted by CrowRifle
Need a forearm for a Browning 20 gauge A5.

Boyds lists them at $50 but they're out of stock right now.

Also one on Fleabay right now as well.
Originally Posted by mad_dog

Forearm for a Savage 170.

I've been seeing some 170 parts go through eBay. Not sure on the fore arm, I remember a buttstock. I'm sure you're already watching...
Nope, no 170 forearms yet on Ebay.

Numrichs has plenty but even if you have a U.S. mailing address it doesn't matter, if your Visa card is Canadian your screwed.

Only way to get anything passed them is to mail cash with an envelope containing your U.S. mailing address, screw em, they're missing out on a lot of Canadian business.
Could someone here help you out? I'd volunteer if that would solve your problem.
Posted By: Skidrow Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 01/25/14
Send it to me and I'll send it to you. No Scotch or cigars this time. grin
Posted By: mad_dog Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 01/25/14
Thanks guys, Mike already made the same offer if I need it. no rush, don't need the gun till November.

I think it's gonna be the young lads gun at the deer camp so I can get my 99R in 300 back from him, haha.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: norm99 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 01/26/14
I could be interested in most of the internals ,bolt complete ,lever and a few others ,will be home Sun night

norm
Posted By: norm99 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 01/26/14
Nope, no 170 forearms yet on Ebay.

Numrichs has plenty but even if you have a U.S. mailing address it doesn't matter, if your Visa card is Canadian your screwed.

Only way to get anything passed them is to mail cash with an envelope containing your U.S. mailing address, screw em, they're missing out on a lot of Canadian business.

has Numrich changed policy ? I bought stuff from them 2 years ago no problem.

norm
Posted By: velcro Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 01/26/14
OK here goes been looking for a long time. Need front & back wood for a 99 250-3000 takedown pistol grip but I will take a straight grip & just change the lever. Most any condition as long as there are no cracks.
Posted By: 6mm250 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 01/26/14
I still have this Kruzell quick detach side mount for sale ;

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...uzell_Quick_Detachable_Side_#Post5821778

Mike
I need a forend takedown latch for my 22HP dam slide came off and I cant get it to stay on.
Originally Posted by saddlering
I need a forend takedown latch for my 22HP dam slide came off and I cant get it to stay on.

Sent a PM
I need a hammer retractor and spring for an 1895. Is this correct thread for this request?
A rear sling stud for a pre war RS. A trough elevator for a windgauge sight. After I get these easy ones, I will go the more difficult. Thanks GW
I think I have the correct sling stud for you. Got a photo of what you need? Not well versed on these, but is it the old rounded one that fit sloppy with modern sling loops and were made for the old style hooks/loops?
I could use the breech bolt stop and the screw for it...do you still have them?
Posted By: norm99 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 02/03/14
what ser no range?/

norm
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 02/03/14
I think I have the correct sling stud for you. Got a photo of what you need? Not well versed on these, but is it the old rounded one that fit sloppy with modern sling loops and were made for the old style hooks/loops?

No, the prewar 99RS sling studs were round with a flat top.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Looking for a correct steel buttplate and screws for a Savage Sporter 23D, in .22 hornet.

dave
I want a barrel for a 1895 and a stock set. It has been messed with and now has a lever for a pistol grip.

Do 1899 barrels work?
Posted By: Skidrow Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 02/10/14
Do 1899 barrels work?

Nope.
>> Still lookin for a correct steel buttplate for savage 23d sporter.

>> And need the flip-down peep and hinge pin for Lyman peep to fit Savage 99/1899.

>> Also looking for a set of reloading dies for the 22 savage HP that'll work in an RCBS single stage press.

$$$ or talk trades for items.

dave
Posted By: velcro Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 03/01/14
Savage # 15 Rear Sight for a Sporter 25-20

Found it thanks to MR Lightfoot
Looking for a Redfield 70LH sighting disc. Thanks.

Oh yeah, forgot about a the front stock screw for a Savage 110. It is for the wood stock, not the plastic. It is a little longer.
Posted By: Skidrow Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 03/02/14
Brownell's sells them. Sort of. Probably not exactly what you're looking for but this will work and is an improvement over the original aperture.

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/sights/sight-accessories/3-target-sight-discs-prod8768.aspx
Posted By: Rick99 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 03/02/14
Try the Aperture-N-More store on eBay. This guy makes what you need for your sight... http://stores.ebay.com/Apertures-N-More/_i.html?_dmd=1&_sid=69097586&_sop=10
Posted By: Rick99 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 03/02/14
Try http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Manufac...10Series-39673/110-33665.htm?results=All for the bolt and probably have the aperture, also.
Posted By: velcro Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 03/02/14
I am in need of a few 3/8 slot blanks. I know I can get them at Brownells but thought I would ask here first.
Thanks guys.
I need a 3 hole 99 mount I belive they were made by redfield, I have a redfield 2 pic mount I can swap or by out right. also a set of 30mm ring for said mount! Thanks John
Posted By: mad_dog Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 03/02/14
John, I've got a couple of the Redfield one piece (3 hole) mounts here, stamped 99R underneath.

I'd swap you for the 2 piece, don't need the rings.
Sounds good Joe ! The ones I have say Redfield Frontier for savage 99 EG,R, RS, F, C two piece! Ill PM ya!
Ah! those Frontier things are crap in my book! Ever find rings for them? I never did.
Posted By: Skidrow Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 03/03/14
Ever find rings for them? I never did.

Weaver rings should work as they were a knock off of Weaver blocks.
Originally Posted by Skidrow
Ever find rings for them? I never did.

Weaver rings should work as they were a knock off of Weaver blocks.

+1 By golly I think we have a winner!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin
Originally Posted by Longbeardking
[quote=Skidrow][quote]
+1 By golly I think we have a winner!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin

Well just keep on thinking that but you are dead wrong.
Posted By: jbmi Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 03/03/14
Need a butt stock for a 99R pre 1960.
I have the steel butt plate and sling swivels.
Posted By: 6mm250 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 03/07/14
I have replacement stock bolts 5/16-22 threads per inch , hex head.

5 1/4" and 8" lengths.

5 1/4" is $10 shipped

8" is $12 shipped

Mike
Posted By: Skidrow Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 03/07/14
Yup. You are correct sir. The Redfield mounts that I was thinking of are Midline mounts, not Frontier mounts. The Redfield Midline mounts are a perfect knock off of the Weaver 14 and 19 and are even listed as R-14 and R-19.
Posted By: 1899sav Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 03/08/14
Looking For Rear Sight on a 29 A and Or Tang Sight!
Steve
Found some 22HP dies! still looking for these:

>> Still lookin for a correct steel buttplate for savage 23d sporter.

>> And need the flip-down peep and hinge pin for Lyman peep to fit Savage 99/1899.

$$$ or talk trades for items.

dave
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 03/14/14
Dave, I have a flip-down peep and pin for a Lyman tang sight. PM inbound.
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Dave, I have a flip-down peep and pin for a Lyman tang sight. PM inbound.

thanks Gary! I'll knock that one off the list! grin

dave
Posted By: mad_dog Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 03/15/14
You can't, for some reason after an amount of time you can't edit your post, I've already found a 170 forearm and a 23B magazine but can't edit my wanted post.
Posted By: norm99 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 03/22/14
need 3 peep apitures for Lyman and marbels tang sights, what happens people don't screw them in tight or lose them in a parts box??

norm
Posted By: Skidrow Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 03/22/14
One word comes to mind. Brownell's.
Posted By: norm99 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 03/22/14
I will try them

norm
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 03/24/14
Norm, check out Apertures-N-More website. They make apertures for about every known peep sight and their prices are downright cheap.
Good people there.

apertures here
Originally Posted by Lightfoot
Good people there.

apertures here

ditto! i have used them a few times with great success. Nice folks to deal with too.

dave
Posted By: norm99 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 03/24/14
thanks guys , I just got back on been feeling the shhits allnight and day.

norm
I'm looking for an elevator for this sight.
[Linked Image]
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rear-sight-...=Vintage_Hunting&hash=item20e28c7733
Posted By: 1899sav Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 04/02/14
Originally Posted by kyabrams66
I'm looking for an elevator for this sight.
[Linked Image]

Here Ya Go Roy is Giving It To Ya.

Posted By: velcro Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 04/07/14
I am looking for 2 of those tiny little slotted screws that hold the clicker in on the Lyman Peep sights. I don't know what size they are but there the smallest screws on a Lyman.
Looking ctg. lifter for savage 170 cal 30/30 It,s the same part number as for the 410 shotgun
looking for a front sight for and older Model 99 takedown ..long beaded blade which goes into a integral base and a screw holds it in place..very hard to find
Posted By: Skidrow Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 04/13/14
Indeed they are very hard to find. Given that the internet is your friend, haunt the various internet auction sites. They show up from time to time on eBay and not so often on Gunbroker and such. Most often they come at a high price. Another way to go is to use your googlefu and do some internet searches. There are many small sellers of Savage parts that often fly under the wire. I wish you well in your search.
Looking for a Butt Plate for a Savage 29. This is the original 29 and a butt plate from 29-A or 29-B will not fit this rifle. The butt plate on my rifle has more of a curve to it that the butt plate on the 29-A or B.
Thanks for the help.
Posted By: texken Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 05/20/14
Good people there.

apertures here
tag
Posted By: lifeon2 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 05/26/14
Hello all I am new to the forums and have been browsing while my registration was approved. I stumbled on this site looking for a firing pin retainer for a savage 1907/1910 pistol. Anybody have one?
Posted By: norm99 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 05/27/14
looking for 2 firing pin ends to set up 2 guns for training and
licence courses , need to cut ends off so no pin shows but gun can be cocked or slip closed .

need small spring for pre 90000 bolt with the horse shoe shaped piece on side of bolt.

norm
Posted By: Phil99 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 06/10/14
I need a set of the old style sling studs for use with sling hooks. Originals or repros OK.

Rod
Rod Dixie gun works used to sell them! the repros that is.
Posted By: Phil99 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 06/10/14
Thanks John. I just found a set in my junk box.

Rod
I'd sure like a lead on a 1917 Savage 380 Barrel.
Hey guys,

I need a replacement front sight for a savage 99E does anyone have one?
I need the nut thats gos on the right side of the 99s reciver, sets in the recessed hole just saw that it was missing on my project 410, Hope somebody has one to sell me! Thanks John
Have some of those little devils. ARE you coming to the Fest?

If not, drop me a PM and we can figure it out.
Posted By: docost99 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 09/05/14
I'll be bringing an entire 1899B 30-30 (~1901)to the fest in 2 weeks for discussion/contemplation before deciding whether to repair it, or part it out entirely.
Posted By: 1899sav Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 09/07/14
MIKE
LIght-Foot
Bring some Screws For STITH, Lyman and Marbles If Ya Would to Fest.
STEVE
Yup, gonna bring them and more! thanks!
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 10/25/14
If anybody has an early, smooth buttplate from an SRC I would appreciate a chance at it. Gray is fine, serial number of the gun Is 101,000'ish.. -- never mind.

Could use a staple and ring also, but I know there aren't any of those floating around. grin

Thanks in advance.
Lyman no. 6
Looking for a pre 90,000 lever for a 1899C s.n. 29.xxx

PM if you have one or know of whereabouts. Thanks.
Posted By: norm99 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 01/06/15
'll check

norm
Originally Posted by Southern_WI_Savage
Looking for a pre 90,000 lever for a 1899C s.n. 29.xxx

PM if you have one or know of whereabouts. Thanks.

Found one thanks to forum members generosity. grin
Posted By: norm99 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 01/13/15
need a firing pin for bolt with horse shoe shaped piece on bolt circa 30xxx

thanks norm
looking for an butt stock to a 99 eg in decent condition
Posted By: Steve95 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 01/18/15
Anyone know where repair parts for the m.110 can be found. Not my favorite rifle, but I had a friend ask lately.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 01/20/15
I need a pair of butt plate screws, for the old crescent SAV-35 plate if that matters.
I think these will work but I haven't bought any yet. The price is better than anything else I've uncovered. Labeled Winchester but they list them with the Savage plates too.

http://www.gungrip.com/items_10__shotgun%20rifle%20buttplates.html
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 01/21/15
Thanks, Mike. Ordered a pair from them.
Posted By: cmhjohn Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 01/22/15
Looking for a set of 1" Leupold rings to fit my model 3 Leupold S99 bases. PM pls.
Posted By: Skidrow Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 01/23/15
Arg! Got bases but like you I've been looking for rings for several years. Sorry that I can't help. frown
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 01/26/15
I think these will work but I haven't bought any yet. The price is better than anything else I've uncovered. Labeled Winchester but they list them with the Savage plates too.

http://www.gungrip.com/items_10__shotgun%20rifle%20buttplates.html

FYI, screws arrived and they're a perfect fit in the Savage butt plate.
..still looking for buttstock and forearm for 99EG.

dave
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 02/25/15
Anybody have an early serrated trigger laying around?
I have about 30 assorted triggers and not one in the bunch!
Posted By: norm99 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 02/25/15
Anybody have an early serrated trigger laying around?

like in checkered or groved?

norm
I believe he is talking about the cross checkered trigger used on the original 250-3000 model.

Mine have the simple grooves or early 1899 ones that are smooth.
Posted By: norm99 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 02/26/15
I believe he is talking about the cross checkered trigger used on the original 250-3000 model.

Mine have the simple grooves or early 1899 ones that are smooth.

thought that , I only have 2 guns one almost pristeen the other a beater with beautiful rear stock, DT both stocks cracked ,but I repaired them sort of , barrel turned past TDC by 1/16 and peened, bore shiny , blueing poor pitted receiver.
putting a 6x scope on to see if it works on yotes, if it does not shoot well might become parts confused

norm
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 02/26/15
What I need is the simple grooved (serrated) trigger, not the checkered trigger a la Model 250-3000. I'll send you a PM Mike.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 02/26/15
Yea for Mike. He be's the man! He has more triggers than Carter's got little liver pills!
Yup, I be trigger happy crazy grin
Posted By: norm99 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 03/04/15
looking for a 21B rear sight for a customer ????

norm
Posted By: mad_dog Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 03/04/15
Customer?

Did you open a gunshop?
Posted By: norm99 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 03/04/15
no just a few parts bins , wallet , mouth , and an avenue to find more guns grin

norm
Posted By: kur Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 03/07/15
Still looking for a bolt for my 340 .222 cal-----Ron
Posted By: Plab Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 03/10/15
I need a post for a lyman tang sight

thanks Plab
Posted By: Billu Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 03/11/15
Rear sight and elevator for 1951 EG
Posted By: 1899sav Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 03/12/15
Originally Posted by Billu

I may Have One Send Me a P.M. with your Number
Steve
still looking for vintage buttstock and forearm for a 99EG.

dave
Posted By: Billu Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 03/12/15
Originally Posted by 1899sav
Originally Posted by Billu

I may Have One Send Me a P.M. with your Number
Steve

PM sent. Thanks!
hi guys im looking for a Replacement Lever for 1957 99 F.. Case Lever, Round back , Pistol grip , * Lever Lock Saftey Type * does anyone know where i can get one ? Thanks for any help ! JIM
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 03/12/15
I think you'd be fine looking for any lever from a 1950's 99, don't recall anything different about the 99F's. So EG, R or F.
Ok thanks for the info .. ive been looking for 2 weeks and found nothing do you have any idea where i may find one ?
Posted By: MARKO65 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 03/13/15
Probably a stupid question.....but here it goes. I picked up a French contract Savage 1907 for a crazy cheap price but its missing the lanyard Loop. It is possible to find that part?

Marko
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 03/13/15
No. Many of us have the same problem.
Posted By: 1899sav Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 03/13/15
Originally Posted by MARKO65
Probably a stupid question.....but here it goes. I picked up a French contract Savage 1907 for a crazy cheap price but its missing the lanyard Loop. It is possible to find that part?

Marko

ALMOST BETTER OFF MAKING ONE
Posted By: 1899sav Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 03/13/15
Originally Posted by Jim_Eakin
hi guys im looking for a Replacement Lever for 1957 99 F.. Case Lever, Round back , Pistol grip , * Lever Lock Saftey Type * does anyone know where i can get one ? Thanks for any help ! JIM

I HAVE A LEVER SEND ME A P>M>
STEVE
Posted By: NavyOgre Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 03/13/15
Anybody know of a source for new recoil springs for a .380 1917 Savage Pistol? Wolf only has the .32 and I don't know if that will work for the larger caliber. Thinking about trying to find an appropriately sized other .380 pistol recoil spring, but that may not work properly due to different slide mass/locking mechanisms. Maybe start out with a PA-63 (9mm Makarov)spring and clip till functional...
Posted By: MARKO65 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 03/13/15
Originally Posted by 1899sav
Originally Posted by MARKO65

Marko

ALMOST BETTER OFF MAKING ONE

I think i'll do that.
Originally Posted by NavyOgre
Anybody know of a source for new recoil springs for a .380 1917 Savage Pistol? Wolf only has the .32 and I don't know if that will work for the larger caliber. Thinking about trying to find an appropriately sized other .380 pistol recoil spring, but that may not work properly due to different slide mass/locking mechanisms. Maybe start out with a PA-63 (9mm Makarov)spring and clip till functional...

Here is .32 & .380 springs. Gauge, diameter, length all different. 380 is much heavier.

[Linked Image]
Need a magazine for a Savage 99C in 243/308.

Also need a Savage 99F buttstock and buttplate. Circa 1950's.
This fovetail insert is too low
I need .5" from top to bottom

[Linked Image]
The tallest one I've ever seen in that style was a little shy of .480"
Need a rear sight dovetail blank for a postwar 99R. What size should I be looking for?
3/8" is the standard size for rear sights. Lots of viable options out there.
Posted By: jim48 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 03/25/15
I am wanting to purchase a Savage Model 15 Wind gauge rifle sight. Does anyone know where one can be located?
Hello guys Im in need of a Lever For a savage model 99 F 250-3000 from the 1950s . its a 98% Mint Survivor that the lever broke so really need one with good case color .I bought one a few weeks ago from a very generous member and it works perfect but it was blued ..For this rifle It is perfect in every way but the blued lever kills it . Thanks in advance for any help.
Posted By: Billu Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 04/02/15
just curious...how do you break a lever? You could strip the blueing off the extra one you have and send it out to be color case hardened if you do not have luck finding another.
It was broke when i got it from a old farmer it was still in the origional box . He said it broke the first time he fired it.. like it had a hair line crack from factory ..Its literally a brand new gun sat in his closet all these years .
Posted By: Skidrow Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 04/03/15
For what it's worth, given that you've found a lever that works without modification, my opinion is pretty much the same as the fellow that posted above that you should send it out to be color cased. You may be able to purchase another lever with excellent case color but will it work?
Long Shot, but looking for a set of Weaver Combo mount/rings in 3/4, I have a set of 1" now!
Originally Posted by saddlering
Long Shot, but looking for a set of Weaver Combo mount/rings in 3/4, I have a set of 1" now!

incoming pm,
dave
I'm in need of red bead sights for a couple T's. And when that chase ends, or before, I am trying to find a hood for a .375 brush gun.
I have a buddy in need of a sear for a Savage Model 1907 32cal (based on the information he provided on the issue).

Anyone by chance have one I could purchase, or point me in the direction where I would be able to find one? A search of the Google has yielded only out of stock results of vendors whom carry them.
Looking for 3/4 stith part, the part that gos around the scope and sits in the tang mount!
Posted By: Kwmpa Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 04/24/15
I need a takedown .410 barrel for an 1899 also need period correct sling swivels
Posted By: 1899sav Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 04/25/15
I HAVE a 410 Barrel
STEVE
Looking for 3/4 stith parts for 99, might have stith parts to trade!
Still looking for a buttstock for a 50's era 99F. Thanks.
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 05/15/15
Originally Posted by diamondjim
Still looking for a buttstock for a 50's era 99F. Thanks.

If somebody has two, I could use one also.
Going for good money these days. Over $200 for a complete set in used shape.
Guess I can live with the crack. It is a gray rat anyway. wink
OK. Now I need a front sight...Lyman 31/34/38. Any of the three will do. Thanks.
Posted By: bcone Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 05/28/15
Got sent over here from Mauser Central, where I spend most of my time.

I recently acquired a Savage 1914 / 25 and it is missing the tube magazine internals and the carrier. If anyone has these or knows where to find them I would appreciate it if you send a PM.
Need a front sight for an 1895 octagon barrel.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 06/01/15
PM me, Dave.
Hello guys im pretty new here so bare with me lol I Have A 1958 Savage Model 99 "F" Featherweight .358 Win. Cut Checkering both sides and bottom ..One Of My Little ones knocked it over today and split the forearm Stock in half took two big chunks out of it .. Its destroyed gun was pristine and was given to me by my Grandpap Im devastated ! So Im Looking For One If Anyone Could offer any Help help of how i could find one I would be soooo thankful !!!!!! THANKS SO MUCH FOR TAKING THE TIME TO LOOK ! HAVE A GREAT SUMMER !!! DYLAN
Dylan I've got a couple. Can you get me some photos of your buttstock so I can try and match up the color with one of these?
Fireball2 here is a pic of the stock ..thanks alot for the help !

Attached picture rsz_1rsz_img_20150520_171813.jpg
This is one of those good news/bad news scenarios. I do have two. The one that's closest in color has some scratches and the one that's in the best shape is the wrong color. Your call. If you want one of these message me and we'll work out the details.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
@Fireball2 PM Sent
Got you covered Dylan. Hey, stick around.
Posted By: powdr Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 06/08/15
Roy you wouldn't have a serviceable butt stock w/checkering would you? Something w/maybe a fixable crack or something that needs refinishing. powdr
powdr, I have a sanded one that's undersized and looks like crap if that's what you're after. It could be used. Not cutting any others loose right now, I'm in the middle of building a few.
Originally Posted by gregintenn

Anyone?
Posted By: Phred Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 06/20/15
Hi all

I found this forum and site while searching for parts for a Savage 1899 22hp takedown. I have one that was my Dad's, but as far as I know he never had the forearm for it. I am trying to locate one so I can give the gun to my son in working condition. If anyone has one, or knows of a source, I'd be most grateful for any leads.

Thanks
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 06/21/15
TD forearms show up on ebay occasionally. They don't usually have the hardware which can get kind of spendy. Plus you need to know whether the rifle is pre-1920 or post 1920. Lightweight or medium weight barrel (pre-1926 or post-1926, roughly). A serial number will help to identify these characteristics. David
Hello anyone have a 1950s Model 99 F stock set thats in good condition that would be interested to trade for a Early Leupold Vari X II 2-7 HG ? For a real nice set I have A Rare Case XX Engraved / Stage Handle Hunting Knife It is Brand New Beautiful Vintage Case Collectable that goes with it . PM me if you are interested in making a deal I have pics available ..thanks alot JA
Looking for Leuplod Ajusto mount for savage 99 I have a set of 7/8 rings, but would take a 1 inch set also!
Posted By: Phred Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 06/27/15
Originally Posted by wyo1895
TD forearms show up on ebay occasionally. They don't usually have the hardware which can get kind of spendy. Plus you need to know whether the rifle is pre-1920 or post 1920. Lightweight or medium weight barrel (pre-1926 or post-1926, roughly). A serial number will help to identify these characteristics. David

Thanks, I have the serial number somewhere, the gun is with my son in NY. Big problem is going to be the lack of hardware, as noted. I'm currently away from home, so can't look up the serial number for a few more days. I'll try to keep an eye on e-bay as well.
Posted By: redmtn Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 06/27/15
New to the Savage club here, got hold of a 1914 1899 f carbine in 3030, upon inspection and battling to get the stock off turns out the trigger spring is broke in half and will only cock when lever is operated upside down. Any ideas where to start looking? Thanks
Posted By: Skidrow Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 06/28/15
Got plenty of them. Send me a PM.
Posted By: redmtn Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 06/28/15
PM sent, thanks
Posted By: Phred Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 06/28/15
Originally Posted by wyo1895

Well, if the serial number search I just did is correct, the gun was made in 1914. Serial number 1573xx.
Posted By: Skidrow Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 06/29/15
Forearm is available here. It doesn't come with metal. I have the metal needed. PM me.
Posted By: Phred Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 06/29/15
Pm sent, Thanks for the info on the wood, just have to determine the exact model and dimensions.
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 07/01/15
Okay, can't find the bloody thing so wife probably picked it up and put it who knows where.

Need a stock bolt for a very early 1899. It's for my trapper, so just need one that works and nothing fancy or even original for that matter.

PM me if you happen to have a junker laying around. Thanks..
Posted By: Skidrow Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 07/02/15
Well, ok, is it the long bolt or the short bolt. Got both. Let me know the length and I'll let you know if I've got one. As far as I know, which isn't very far, there are only two stock bolt lengths.
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 07/02/15
So I need to go check the length of the bolt that I don't have?

umm... grin

I'll go check an earlier gun, I presume they'll be the same.
Posted By: Skidrow Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 07/03/15
Do you have the stock? If so measure the length of the hole. Come on Rory, this ain't rocket science. grin To measure the length from where the head of the bolt sits to where it comes out of the stock. just run something with a bigger diameter than the bolt shank from the butt end to block the hole and run a cleaning rod from the action end. Mark the cleaning rod where the wood ends on the action end. Close enough to determine the length of the bolt. If that's too hard or you don't have the stock just ask and I'll send you one of each length. You can pay me for the one that works and send the other one back. wink grin If you don't presently have a stock I got all the time in the world to wait for you to get one and figure out which bolt works. I'll be retired for the rest of my life. grin
Hmmm, "very early 1899" It's the long one damit! Don't make me come over there!
Yup its the long one, I thought i had an extra one but missed placed it!
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 07/05/15
So after months of looking for it, I find the thing 3 days after asking for a replacement. Naturally. Appreciate the offers to help though!

It was an 8" bolt, by the way.

Picture of it below, though picture is bit bleached out (cell phone camera). Top is an 1899A SR, serial number 10.75x, bottom is the 1899C trapper serial number 12.14x. Fun, cheap guns.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Mainer7 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 07/06/15
I have a spare one in good condition if you are still looking. 4.25" from lug end to barrel tip. Have it listed on Gunbroker started at $25, no bids yet.
Posted By: Steve95 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 07/12/15
I am looking for the bolt that runs from the trigger guard to the action for an early Savage Sporter cal. 25-20 rifle. It is the middle bolt (of 3--the end ones are wood screws) just in front of the mag. Steve
Originally Posted by gregintenn

Found one. Many thanks to oldtimer303 and Mainer7!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Elwood51 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 07/17/15
I have a Model 99 that was built in 1922 that was handed down from my great grandfather. I am interested in locating a lever bushing and lever bushing screw that connects the lever to the receiver. The pair I have is stripped to the point that it barely stays together. I'm not sure if this is a standard thread that can be dressed in such a way to make it hold better, or if a replacement is the best idea.

How tough are these to find?

Thanks in advance.

The screw seems to have gone extinct.

The thread pitch and size varies over the years.

I have some I would part with. I will send a private message. Look for a flashing red envelope at the top of the page.
Posted By: Elwood51 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 07/18/15
Thanks Lightfoot!
Posted By: redmtn Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 07/24/15
Looking for a sear nut for a 1899 1914 saddle ring carbine, have a couple from a older 99 model but the threads differ.
Thanks
The sear threads have never changed to the best of my knowledge. If you have an odd one it may have been altered.

What is SN range of your gun?
I tried a couple that Numrich advertises for the 99 but didn't match up
Very puzzling. Do you have another 99 you can take one from?
No unfortunately I only own this one
The only conclusion I can reach is that the threads have been buggered because of the missing nut. You might want to replace the sear screw itself. Have you ever removed it from the gun?
Posted By: redmtn Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 07/25/15
Threads are good, the bolt is at a machine shop which they tried to retap the nut but ended up breaking it in half, believe they said the thread was 8-36? Might order the tap from Brownels and try the spare nut I have. Thought I read somewhere they used a variety of different threads in different years. The bolt looks original and stays in place fine without the nut but thought I would like it to look original. Thanks for the suggestions.
That's the one part I've not seen any variation in. The lever bushing and screw is another matter and they are all over the place on thread pitch.

If you are going to spend any money on it I'd get a new sear screw and nut and forget about retapping, etc.

I have the parts if you want to go that way.
Problem is the new sear screw would not match the threads inside the rifle itself, my sear screw threads into the rifle before it pops out the other side. Is this normal or do most bolts just push through?
The receiver is threaded on the side where the lock nut goes. Someone may have modified it is all I can figure. Never heard of this being a problem before.
Anythings possible with a hundred year old gun, I'll try to modify that nut,
Appreciate it
I am looking for the front and rear sights for a Model 99 DL Series A. I would like to find the original iron sights, just have a scope on there for now.
I sent you a private message. Look for a flashing red envelope at the top of the screen.
I need a forarm screw for a 1899 "B" solid frame rifle!
The 1899 takes one about .630" overall. I don't have any but could shorten one up for ya'. Let me know it that will work.
Yes I realy need 2 of them, the one I do have is pretty buggered up! pm me what I owe ya! and thanks!
Posted By: DanLee Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 09/03/15
Looking for a barrel stud for a 99A, the 1980s version. Numrich is sold out.
Posted By: 99C308 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 09/06/15
Where does a fella find clips for 99C's? Would be nice to get a couple extras.
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 09/06/15
They're on ebay but boy are they expensive.
Originally Posted by 99C308
Where does a fella find clips for 99C's? Would be nice to get a couple extras.

Yeah, they went from a $50 item to $180 overnight! For crying out loud man.
Posted By: Skidrow Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 09/07/15
PM me. IIRC I've got one out in the gun room I'll sell for $100 plus shipping. Yes, I'm serious.
Posted By: 6mm250 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 09/09/15
I still have replacement stock bolts 5/16-22 threads per inch , hex head.

5 1/4" and 8" lengths.

5 1/4" is $10 shipped

8" is $12 shipped

These are more better than the original , no trying to feel for a screwdriver slot that you can't see inside a dark hole & risking a cracked stock.

Price break for buying in quantity , PM me for details.

Mike
I am in need of an extractor for a 24 V-A 222 over 20.
Posted By: kenoh2 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 10/31/15
Looking for a middle barrel band and screw for an early Model 19 rimfire.
Would like to buy receiver sight for 99EG, Lyman or redfield. Also a barrel back sling stud and a way to install a swivel at stock without drilling into wood. Thanks in advance, nice website here and group. eric
Welcome to the 'fire scout.
Receiver sights can be had on Gun Broker, Ebay, ect. unless somebody here coughs one up.
I think Lightfoot has forearm swivel screws. PM him.
Levergunleather.com and others offer no drill stock covers, slings, ect.
Good luck.
need a rear sight and elevator for a 1952 EG. PM is the best way to communicate. also would like to put original wood on my 300 if anyone has some laying around. got the barreled action from 300jimmy and it cry's for restoring.
Posted By: pancolt Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 11/16/15
my friend is in need of a savage 99 pistol grip stock. condition not important if anyone has one or know where to get one please let me know....thanks
Check out ebay. They go through there pretty often.
Looking for one of these front blades 99EG, mine is flattened on one side. Does this have a number or designation? If you have one or can point me in the right direction please let me know thanks.[Linked Image]
I'm going to guess norm or lightfoot can help you. I have one but it's happy here.
Don't have any left for sale. They have no markings like the later ones. Best bet is to watch ebay for one.
thanks
Posted By: norm99 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 12/01/15
looks like a no 38 measure the hight from bottom of dovetail to top of sight, ans i'll check.

norm
Posted By: norm99 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 12/01/15
ANYBODY got a 38-55 barrel for sale grin

norm
I need one or maybe two post mil 250 rotors for conversion to 250 and 22-250 from 300. Would I also need the automatic cutoff or would the 300 cutoff work? Thanks.
No change in the cutoff. Do you need just the bare rotor or the whole assembly? Send me an email if you still have the address.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 12/07/15
I need a plastic grip cap for a 99 pre-mil pistol grip. Anybody?

Still looking. Thanks.
I need a plastic grip cap for a 99 pre-mil pistol grip. Anybody?

buy a new one from one of these folks and fit it. used ones seldom fit well and cost way too much. the first link shows it for a shotgun but looks identical to 99 caps, except for the odd ones of course.

link

link 2
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 12/07/15
Thanks, Mike. Ordered one from Link 2.
Let us know how well it matches, please.
ordered 2 myself from link 2. different sizes and the smaller one worked. of course then I found the original in my what'sit drawer. anybody else need one let me know.
btw. the one's I got from gungrip.com are very nice matches.
Is the GC540 the best match then?
Posted By: norm99 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 12/11/15
still looking 4 a 38-55 barrel. frown

norm
New here
Looking for bottem metal mag spring follower for 1920 Sav
(Actually ) PARTS GUN
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 12/15/15
Is the GC540 the best match then?

Yes, best match size-wise for the 99T I'm resurrecting. But--- it's a poor facsimile. They must have used a beat up POS grip cap when they made the mold for this repro. The checkering is washed out and the dents and scrapes on the original were transferred into the new one. I wouldn't buy another one if a crisp replacement was what I wanted. The one I took off the gun is actually a little nicer than this new one. A big thumbs down. frown
I need a steel butt plate. Prefer EG, R, F. A larger late type going on project 303.
Have several if I understand what you are looking for correctly. Drop me a PM or email.
Posted By: norm99 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 12/16/15
Have several if I understand what you are looking for correctly. Drop me a PM or email.

if you don't have one to fit his measurements I might have one.

norm
Posted By: Joel6180 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 12/18/15
I am looking for a brass cocked indicator for a 70s model Savage 99A Saddle Gun.

Found it - thanks.
Posted By: norm99 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 12/30/15
good for a laugh I am looking for a 284 clip and 2 cresent butt plates.

what are my chances???????????????????????????????????

grin

norm
Hey Norm ya never know. I know 260remguy Jeff said he's not selling the .284 magazines he's got but he bought them somewhere too!
Posted By: norm99 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 12/30/15
,it's the price that may kill the seeker, canuck dollar being what it is,

norm
Posted By: jim52 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 12/30/15
Norm you just missed a 284 clip on ebay.com. I actually bid on it but was not around at the end, so missed it. Went for $84 US I believe, which was a deal. The 308 ones have been selling for $110-$120 on there. Keep watching.

Still looking. Thanks.

Yup. Still trying.
Posted By: mad_dog Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 12/31/15
Originally Posted by norm99

grin

norm

Can't help you on the 284 mag Norm as it's in my gun but I've got one buttplate here. Hopefully it's for a shooter cause it's got four extra holes drilled in it for some reason. Serial 17XXX.
NIB 243&308 99 Mag listed on armslist. Listers number 715-359-9386 asking $140. GW
Posted By: mad_dog Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 12/31/15
Sad, makes you actually wanna sell all the mags out of your 99C's at those prices.

Knew a place about 6 hours away from me that had original Savage mags hanging on the wall not more than 4 years ago at $40 a pop and I didn't pick them up cause they weren't 284 mags.
Posted By: norm99 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 01/01/16

grin

norm

Can't help you on the 284 mag Norm as it's in my gun but I've got one buttplate here. Hopefully it's for a shooter cause it's got four extra holes drilled in it for some reason. Serial 17XXX.

that's the one you got from me 3 years ago, you want to get rid of it , how much ??????? PM me grin smile

norm
Posted By: docost99 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 01/04/16
I have a front sight marked "34". What 99 used these?
Not specific to models, more by cartridge. The numbers showed up in the '60s I believe. The #34 is usually seen on the .300, .250 and .22-250 and sometimes on .243. I tried to make a chart but there are crossovers. I have noticed front sight ramps vary in height so that affects which sight is actually used. I don't know how the guys assembling them kept it all straight and expect mistakes were made.
I was wondering if anyone knew where to find a replacement saddle ring for my 1899 30-30.
Originally Posted by pjuergens
I was wondering if anyone knew where to find a replacement saddle ring for my 1899 30-30.

Welcome to the 'Fire.
I just did one. Perfect. Mounting and finish matching instructions included.
I am assuming you need the ring only and not the staple.

http://www.tapaderaswinchesters.com/saddlerings.html

Hey guys im looking for a Redfield Model 70 LH Receiver sight in good condition . If anyone has one they would be interested in selling please send me a PM ..Have a few goodies that we could work out a trade or Ill pay cash either way ..Thanks alot for any help ! Jim
Posted By: Skidrow Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 01/15/16
Shoot me a PM. I've got several.
I should have been more specific. I need both the ring and staple.
I think I'm gunna need the cocked indicator piece, the little pin that sticks up, for 99 serial number 921xxx.
Posted By: 1899sav Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 02/20/16
I think I'm gunna need the cocked indicator piece, the little pin that sticks up, for 99 serial number 921xxx.

ROY
I HAVE THEM,,,BRASS,,,SEND ME ADDY,, I'll SEND,,,
They Just need a Little Shining Up
Been Installing quite a Bit in the last 12 months since shop is open.
STEVE
The one I have is steel. Can anyone tell by looking at it if I ruined it drilling out the stubborn pin that held it in? I don't have another to compare it to. The pin is trashed too but an RCBS decapping pin looks like it may work.

[Linked Image]
Great idea I am in need of an extractor for a Savage 24V 222/20 PM me if you can help thanks.
I am in search of a trigger bar for a 1917 Savage 380 cal pistol.
Thanks!
Have a cocking piece indicator, ser 316493. Also some other reciever pieces.
Posted By: Dons1 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 04/07/16
I need a rotor for an 1899 Take-down 22 High Power. Anyone have one avail - or maybe a lead to one?

Also need the take-down latch for this rifle.

Pls PM or Email at [email protected]

Thx
Don
Welcome to the site Don. I'm not real up on the inards of the 99's, so I'm not sure if there is any difference or if they are the same. The serial will help, just X out the last two digits. If it's an 1899 take down in 22 HP it's a model H, introduced in 1912 and discontinued in 1919. If it's a 99 take down it's a model F. Some one with real knowledge will be along shortly, Joe.
Oops, I see you are a long time member, so welcome to the Savage side, Joe.
Posted By: norm99 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 04/08/16
Originally Posted by Dons1
I need a rotor for an 1899 Take-down 22 High Power. Anyone have one avail - or maybe a lead to one?

Also need the take-down latch for this rifle.

Pls PM or Email at [email protected]

Thx
Don

I have both but taking wife to Doc then loading trailor for Gun show, will E mail later.

norm
Posted By: mad_dog Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 04/11/16
Anyone got a sporting rear sight for a Stevens 425? Looks almost like a 99 rear sight only it has a 9/32 dovetail. A regular 3/8 dovetail won't fit it.

http://media.liveauctiongroup.net/i/18877/18253570_3.jpg?v=8D0C39045F91A60
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 04/11/16
Get out the files, Joe! 3/32 " can be made to go away right quick!
Posted By: mad_dog Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 04/11/16
True.
Does anyone have, or know where I can find, the proper front sight blade for my 1917 Perchbelly Take Down?
Posted By: norm99 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 04/21/16
what caliber ? i have a couple,was it a tiney screw or a pin tha held it in ? screw ones could be adjusted a little.

norm
It's 250-3000. So far what I've seen mentioned was a silver blade? Still have to get that awsome book listed on the forum but figured you fellows would know what I needed. What I have now is a steel blade. I"ll have to get a pic. I"m guessing home made maybe but it was a nice job.
It's 250-3000. So far what I've seen mentioned was a silver blade? Still have to get that awsome book listed on the forum but figured you fellows would know what I needed. What I have now is a steel blade. I"ll have to get a pic. I"m guessing home made maybe but it was a nice job. Anyway its a tiny screw holding it in.
Posted By: norm99 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 04/22/16
Originally Posted by savage1756
It's 250-3000. So far what I've seen mentioned was a silver blade? Still have to get that awsome book listed on the forum but figured you fellows would know what I needed. What I have now is a steel blade. I"ll have to get a pic. I"m guessing home made maybe but it was a nice job. Anyway its a tiny screw holding it in.

well not all of them were silver i have
4 copper, 1 is all copper 3 copper beads of various sizes.
3 silver
2 steel or nickle , 1 without a bead 1 with a bead missing
1 gold full bar bead
plus 3-4 guns buried to deep to check grin
so unless you are really set on silver i would not sweat it and if you are then you have to match the hight .

norm
Posted By: kdog Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 06/27/16
Uggggh ,,,,Bought a 1899c serial 12.6xx straight stock half octagon/half round barrel lever was a tad loose
tried the lever bite in misc info thread ....now it wont close all the way ....with just the lever in it wont close...just below the round pin.button that slides in the bolt ...it hits a ramp and wont go any further ......anyway the handle cracked while hitting the lever "to close the arc ........Anyone have one to sell ....thanks ...
Posted By: Phil99 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 06/28/16
I'm looking for the front part of a 1" Stith mount for a 99 (including scope tube, dovetail block, etc). Anybody have one they'll sell?
Posted By: norm99 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 06/28/16
Originally Posted by kdog
Uggggh ,,,,Bought a 1899c serial 12.6xx straight stock half octagon/half round barrel lever was a tad loose
tried the lever bite in misc info thread ....now it wont close all the way ....with just the lever in it wont close...just below the round pin.button that slides in the bolt ...it hits a ramp and wont go any further ......anyway the handle cracked while hitting the lever "to close the arc ........Anyone have one to sell ....thanks ...

yes i have one i will PM you look for a flashing envelope on the forum bar.
I need a pair of sling studs w/loops for a 99 DL. Can trade something cool if anyone is sitting on them.
still looking for ctg. lifter for mod 170 pump cal. 30/30 same as lifter for 410 shotgun
Just need an original front sight for a 99 from just after the war. 300 Savage. The one that came with it is too tall and just looks weird.
What's the model and SN range?
Lightfoot, ser.# 4278xx I'm not sure how to tell what model it is. 24" barrel. I think it was made in 1946.
The SN is enough to ID the sight and I don't think I have any but will look. Most likely your gun is an EG.

It is the 2 piece style where the blade is peened in underneath.

Anyone have one?
Posted By: Manchu Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 08/22/16
Don't give up on that 1895 brother. I bought a ragged barreled receiver of a 1899, 30-30 Saddle ring carbine years ago in New Mexico. Over the years I was able to assemble the parts to put it back together. It looks like a "border gun" and the bore is a gopher hole but it will still group 3 inches at a hunnerd yards. It is the biggest draw and conversation starter at my table at gun shows. Don't give up Bro !!!
Posted By: norm99 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 08/23/16
The SN is enough to ID the sight and I don't think I have any but will look. Most likely your gun is an EG.

It is the 2 piece style where the blade is peened in underneath.

Anyone have one?

I"LL look Mike

norm
Posted By: marss Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 08/26/16
I picked up a 99 in .375 Winchester that someone had totally dismantled it and all that that was available was the barrel and action. I had most of the internal parts but I still need a cartridge guide (carrier stop) and cartridge carrier (spool)for .375 Winchester. I am trying to resurrect it as it is a rarer caliber. If anyone can help me find these parts it would be greatly appreciated.
joe
I believe I have them but check with norm99 (see above) since he is on your side of the border.

I can send them if he doesn't have them.
Need a rear "Williams" sight for savage 99 post mil. I really need just the blade from dovetail up. Thanks
Need this for a 99C I got from Norm-

[Linked Image]
Current needs-

1) Cocked indicator spring above

2) front sight for 1980 99C

3) Sling studs and loops for 99DL
I have the front sights. What caliber is it?

Thought I had that spring but can't locate it yet.
22-250. I need the sight base and screw only. Yeah I'm having no luck with that spring.
Sights I got, ramps, not so much. Looks oh for 2 - sorry.
Thanks for looking Mike. Good news is the 22-250 shoots without a front sight and the spring is for a receiver w/o a barrel, so I can keep looking.
Posted By: Rambill Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 09/02/16
Looking for a 7/8" Stith mount part. The connecting
piece between the rear ring and tang base. Just thought
I would see if there is a loose part somewhere.
Bill

[Linked Image]

Still need one.
Posted By: EastFork Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 09/06/16
In need of: cartridge carrier and cartridge guide for .22 high power if anyone knows of any available, thanks
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 09/06/16
Let me look tonight.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 09/06/16
Sorry, nicht su haben.
I have the carrier assembly but may be out of guides.

Send me a private message with your email.
Posted By: norm99 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 09/06/16
I have the carrier assembly but may be out of guides.

Send me a private message with your email.

i have carriers and guides.

norm
Posted By: norm99 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 09/06/16

[Linked Image]

Still need one.

Roy i did not know that was missing when i get back home i'll look around the gun room ,,in case it fell on the floor'' might be a couple of weeks yet.

norm
Yeah Norm, it was actually missing the firing pin retract spring and this one. I didn't think it would be a big deal to get both, but haven't been able to locate this one. I got the other ok. Any help is appreciated.
In need of rear sight elevator for a Stevens Model 22-410.
Thanks

[Linked Image]

Dead in the water. Anybody have one?
Posted By: 300jimmy Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 10/05/16
I could use a couple 99 EG, 300 S. front sights from the 40's or early 50's. Also a clean sear screw for the same period....without a buggered up slot. To clarify, I have the mating nut that you need a spanner type screwdriver for.

I have a decent 900,000 S/N sear screw for Savage 99 that I could let go. Slightly buggered slot but could be cleaned up.

I also have an ejector spring for a 900,000 on up Savage 99.

I have a front sight...german silver for 303 or 30-30 marked 31m

I have a 99C ejector

I have an 1899 stock bolt with conical head and mating machined washer.

Posted By: norm99 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 10/06/16
hey Jimmy i have a sear screw i'll check on sights when i get home in a week or so thinking on a trade for the german silver sight.

norm
Posted By: 300jimmy Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 10/07/16
Thanks Norm. Lets keep in touch via pm on this OK?
Anyone have a lead on a Savage 99F barrel in .308?

Had one come in with a bent barrel (run over by vehicle). We're going to work on straightening it, just wanting a backup plan.

Thanks,
Shawn
I have one in 300, flat threads.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 10/27/16
So apparently, this is not a period correct sight for my 99 (SERNO 49863):
[Linked Image]

Anybody have a picture of one or better yet one for sale or where I might find one?
Posted By: Rick99 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 10/28/16
That looks like a post-1958 folding sight.

The 1899 Rocky Mountain would be correct.

Attached picture c1.jpg
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 10/28/16
Rick: it does not fold, but thanks for the picture. If you could tell me where to start looking for one, I'd be grateful. jorge
eBay if no one here comes through.

If your sight doesn't fold then it is from the `50's.
Thanks, Rick. So I should look for a 1899 Rocky Mountain rear sight and search that way.
Will this work?
Ebay
Posted By: Loggah Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 10/28/16
Pretty sure the early marlin sights are the same,you need the long ones with the harpoon elevator. theres a few on E-bay right now.
I went there but did not see any specific ones. If you could recommend a link, I'd be grateful
How about:
[Linked Image]
No, that is for a small caliber Marlin. Too short and to low.
I think the model 1881,model 1893, or early model 1895 Marlin rocky mtn sights are the same.
Not really up on the Marlin sight but aren't the ones you listed more like what is on the Savage 1895 with the screw in the face. There is also a Ballard sight that was used that has little points out the side at the bottom rear. I think I've seen them on Marlins and a couple of Savage 1895's.
Looks too short to me. Poor condition too. Your gun deserves better.
I'll continue to look!
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 10/28/16
Just as a hint.. easier to find yourself a Lyman 1A and just replace that rear sight with a blank. Peep sights are awesome anyway.

Like this 32-40.
[Linked Image]
Rick, A lot of them didn't have a screw in them.

Posted By: Rick99 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 10/29/16
Thanks, Loggah. Now I can start buying Marlins and steal the sights. grin
Posted By: Loggah Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 10/29/16
One marlin 1893 i bought had the correct rear sight for a savage 99T on it, its still on it,im saving it in case i pick up a "T" that needs one !! grin grin
Posted By: Rick99 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 10/29/16
Someone stripped the sight and replaced it with one of those old cheap Savage sights. smile
Posted By: norm99 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 10/29/16
gun show today ,tomorrow 1 guy has lots of Savage rear sights crazy

norm
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 10/30/16
Norm, if you've a mind to.... smile
Posted By: norm99 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 11/01/16
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Norm, if you've a mind to.... smile

sorry Jorge guy took off Sat night , family stuff i herd . i have his number , you want me to call him and find out what he wants for one??

norm
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 11/02/16
Please, sir
Posted By: norm99 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 11/02/16
OK give me a few days

norm
Posted By: Centennial Scope mount help - 11/10/16
Impossible to find scope mounts...I give up.

Does anyone have, or know where, I can find a set of mounts/rings to fit these holes?

Attached picture 99a.gif
Attached picture 99b.gif
Posted By: Lightfoot Re: Scope mount help - 11/10/16
That is how the old Weaver U and Q model rings mounted. The U series is for 1" scopes and the Q is for 3/4".

I have a set of the 1" for the 99. Do you know what threads are tapped into the receiver? Probably #6-40 but could be #6-48.
Posted By: Centennial Re: Scope mount help - 11/10/16
Really, so they exist...wow, I was beginning to doubt it. The threads are the same as the factory drilled tang sight; it's a 1940 99G.

Are you willing to part with them?

Thanks again for the help.

Chip
Posted By: Lightfoot Re: Scope mount help - 11/10/16
Well, the threads are #8-40 then. You see all kinds. It was whatever the driller had a mind to do I guess.

Yes, I'd part with a set. Let's move this to the private message exchange. Look for a flashing red envelope near the top center of the screen.
Posted By: Clairmontasap Re: Scope mount help - 11/14/16
Hello,

I'm a newbie here. Was referred by a friend. I shoot a 99A in 250-3000 and recently bought one in .243 Winchester which arrived (drum roll) with a cracked butt stock.
I know Boyd's and others make repros. I'm looking to source an original carbine/straight grip stock if anyone knows a source.
I know it's like pulling teeth, just turning over rocks and hoping to come across the little old lady with a whole closet full of them.

Michael
Posted By: salty22 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 11/26/16
Hello, I am new to this, but I need the trigger guard, magazine box, spring and follower for a Savage 1920 bolt action rifle. I have a nice rifle but none of the lower "guts". Can anyone help me?
Posted By: DawgIron Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 11/26/16
Looking for a front sight blade for a 99G
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 11/27/16
I don't have any but you do need to be specific as to serial number range and caliber. There were quite a few variations. David
Posted By: DawgIron Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 11/27/16
It's an early "G", serial number 273xxx, caliber is .303 savage
Is this what you need?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Original-Savage-99-front-sight-/262727620068?hash=item3d2bc955e4:g:-HoAAOSwHMJYHNs5
Nope, mines not dovetailed....raised ramp with a blade that's maybe 1/16" thick....saw at least one tiny little screw holding the blade into the slot on the ramp
front sight looks like this

looking for a replacement blade
If it were mine, I'd try and find an original also. But, I've seen some nice ones made from old silver dimes, pennies, etc, Joe.
Yeah, I'm trying to keep this gun as original as possible, I'm having a gunsmith fix the stock instead of replace, and he offered to swap out the folding Lyman rear sight with one that was adjustable for windage AND elevation.....and I said no to that, he's pretty adamant about taking the scope mounts off and plugging the holes, but I inherited the gun with a scope that my grandfather (who I never even met) mounted on there, so for sentimental reasons, I wanna keep the mounts for now, and see if I can get any accuracy out of the scope before I cross that bridge.
I would agree with that. If it worked before, it can work again. It might not be right, but I think to fill and drill more holes, would make it more wrong, Joe.
Sorry bud, just saw this. I'll keep it in mind if we have to rebarrel. I think customer wants to keep original caliber if possible.

I built a jig that I am happy with after 3 or 4 mods. I'm just starting to work on straightening the original barrel. It's going well, with a little (or a lot of) luck, I'll get it straight enough to be a casual shooter.
DawgIron, is the raised ramp about 3/8 long or is it the later longer version? I just made one for my .250-3000 1917 Perchbelly. I was going to put a piece of Gold on the blade but since I'm selling the rifle I decided to wait. I also made the blade part .042 wide and the base .060 as it should be. Also be careful with that little screw. Its a #1-76 pitch oval head machine screw and I have not been able to find anyone anywhere (yet) that makes these today. If I can help just let me know.
I have a .300 Savage Model 99EG from 1948 or 49. When I received the rifle from my late grandfather, the gun was missing a buttplate. Does anyone know what the original buttplate looked like on a 99EG of this vintage? Was it steel? Did it have an 'Indian Head' logo on it?

Also, and most importantly, does any one know where can I find an original buttplate for sale? I have seen several sites listing Savage buttplates, but I don't know what the original looked like. Would like to stay original if possible.

Thank You!
I have originals. Send me an email at [email protected]
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 12/05/16
Might want to double check to make sure the buttstock hasn't been cut flat for a recoil pad before spending the $$ on a buttplate. The end of the buttstock should be curved and either the serial number or a group of 4 or so letters/numbers should be visible.
No, it wasn't cut flat. Looks like original curve. I didn't see any numbers, but I will check again to see if maybe they have worn down. Thanks.
Posted By: Jim585 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 12/05/16
It looks like my 99D had a tang sight at one time. I would like to find one to put on. Any recommendations would be appreciated. I think there was a guy named Gene (?) at the SavageFest in Wellsboro who had several. Wished I had picked one up then.
Thanks, Jim
powdr got me linked to an auction for the spring I needed, thanks powdr!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: norm99 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 12/05/16
did you get it \Roy , the one i got for you was going into an envelope tomorrow.??

norm
I needed to be sure and get one norm, I know you're a busy man, so I grabbed one when I could.
Thanks. Can you post some pics and description? Email didn't work.

Originally Posted by TheDeerHunter
Email didn't work.

try again. the second character is the number 3

[email protected]
Posted By: norm99 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 12/06/16
I needed to be sure and get one norm, I know you're a busy man, so I grabbed one when I could.

ok I'll put it back in the rifle .

norm
Sorry. Tried again (and again). Not a valid email address it said.

What does an original buttplate for a 1948 99EG look like? Thanks.
I got an email from you this morning and I replied.
I need a bolt stop and screw for a newer 99 (the shorter one), and a sear screw nut for the same.
See the PM.
Posted By: ed7189 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 12/23/16
Need a pistol grip cap for my 99. Mine is cracked in half. If anyone has one or knows were to look for one, I would appreciate it. Thanks guys
Each cap is fitted to the stock and no 2 are exactly alike. It's a crap shoot to find a used one to match.

Buy a new one here and fit it yourself.

grip caps etc.
Each cap is fitted to the stock and no 2 are exactly alike. It's a crap shoot to find a used one to match.

Buy a new one here and fit it yourself.

grip caps etc.

At one time I bought ten of those, glad I did. All over the map as far as size. Pretty piss poor quality overall.
The company I usually recommend seems to have fallen off the planet.

Midway has one that has good reviews for use on the 99.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/275122/vintage-gun-grip-cap-savage-fox-b12-polymer-black
Posted By: Hoz Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 12/26/16
I'm in need of a breech plug, vent liners and primer modules for an original ML 1!

Please contact me if you have any available

Thanks

Rob
Anyone have a crescent butt plate for an 1899C for sale?

I am looking at possibly picking up a model 1899C, that is missing the cresent buttplate and screw... Dealing with the guy now online...

Shoot me a pm if you have something.

thanks!

dave
Posted By: 1899sav Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 01/05/17
Originally Posted by ilikemilitaria
Anyone have a crescent butt plate for an 1899C for sale?

I am looking at possibly picking up a model 1899C, that is missing the cresent buttplate and screw... Dealing with the guy now online...

Shoot me a pm if you have something.

thanks!

dave

P.M. Sent
Parts needed for a Savage 242 410 o/u bbl.

11, 12, 13,15, 19, 20, 20, 21. It does need 2 of the 20s.

Parts are circled. Either that or a complete bbl assembly where the bbl is of no value.

Thanks.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Aqualung Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 01/07/17
Looking for a Redfield JR99R 1-piece scope mount.

Does anyone have a line on one or a source?

Thanks.

Aqualung
Originally Posted by Aqualung
Looking for a Redfield JR99R 1-piece scope mount.

Does anyone have a line on one or a source?

Thanks.

Aqualung

how bout one of the Leupold mounts?

https://www.amazon.com/Standard-1-Pc-Base-Black-Leupold-49995/dp/B0011N3XQI

dave
Posted By: Aqualung Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 01/07/17
Thanks,

I'm looking for a friend who bought an old 99 that apparently had been d & t for the Redfield mount. He is trying to find the same mount so he doesn't need to bore more holes or modify the Leopold mount he bought.

Thanks again.

Aqualung
I have the old style Redfield 1 piece mount. Send me a PM with an email.
I need a set of EG wood from mid to late fifties. Nothing perfect, would go on shooter.

I have a Lyman 1A tang and a Marbles tang sight for trade bait, if any one is interested.

Thanks.
..found an 1899 crescent buttplate, thanks! Actually found 3 of 'em...

Anyway, looking for EG stock set for a 1939-1940 rifle....not sure what would be correct since this is around the transition to checkering (per Murray's book).

Dont need mounting screws for forearm or buttstock, just furniture. Rifle is a shooter...not collector.

Got lots of trade fodder...

thanks,
dave
I have 2 .300 Sav barrels I'm looking to move. Both are 24". One is from Utica. No sights but the forearm lug is in place.

I'm thinking $120 shipped.

Drop me a PM if interested.
Posted By: jim52 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 01/30/17
Picked up a 1911 model H in 25/35 from a fellow who needed some Christmas cash. It is rough but the bore is good and the action tight. Would like to put the proper front sight back on it if anyone has one, also need a butt stock. Thanks in advance.
Jim
I stumbled onto some of those little S shaped lever safety tension springs that are NIB. Drop me a PM if you are looking for one.
Posted By: Heliman Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 02/24/17
Help! An old friend of mine is trying to get his Dad's 1904 Savage Takedown in shooting order. He needs a rear sight assembly for that rifle. I need the part or at least pointed in the right direction to find one. Thanks folks!

Dave
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 02/24/17
1899 TD's didn't come out until 1906 ish.
Posted By: Rick99 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 02/24/17
I think this is what you would need plus the fish hook elevator.
Price around $100 if you can find it.

Attached picture c1.jpg
Posted By: Heliman Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 03/03/17
Originally Posted by Rick99
I think this is what you would need plus the fish hook elevator.
Price around $100 if you can find it.

Actually no. There is no rear sight dovetail cut into the barrel The rear sight is mounted on the barrel using a fine threaded screw. Elevation is accomplished via an elevation screw ahead of the dovetail. It mounts is a dimple in the barrel and screwed through the rear sight assembly.

Thanks, Dave
Posted By: mad_dog Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 03/04/17
It's an actual model 1904, not a manufacture date.
Posted By: Rick99 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 03/04/17
GeneB posted a photo of the 1904 sights on 1/16/17, in a posting about a model 1904.
Posted By: Quint Buttstock needed. - 03/07/17
Can someone guide me to a source for a 1915 manufactured 250-300 perch belly butt stock; either original or newly produced by a quality gunstock maker? I need to replace the one presently mounted on my rifle.
Thanks,
Quint
NRA Life-Patron
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: Buttstock needed. - 03/07/17
Welcome to the site Quint. What's wrong with the original? If it's snapped in half, don't give up. Some of these guys have put some nasty breaks back together. On the other hand, someone may have a decent butt stock. Hang on a bit, Joe.
Posted By: mad_dog Re: Buttstock needed. - 03/08/17
Anyone have an elevation screw for a Lyman 56? Don't need the cap, just the screw.

A Lyman 57 or 48 won't work.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Buttstock needed. - 03/12/17
I think I do, Joe. Let me dig for it.
I need the staple and the ring. Is there anyone who makes a set that can work?
I am looking for a hammer retractor spring for my 1899 savage SN# 35,xxx. Any help would be appreciated.
Near impossible to find. You can make one out of a small safety pin. Do you have the original?
no, it was missing when I bought the rifle. I have been trying to find a decent picture of one
I sent a private message. Look for a flashing envelope at top of page.
Need a 6.5-284 barrel for a postmil. grin
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 04/13/17
Sorry Fireball, all I have is a 7.35mm-.284 barrel, 13.987624" long, 20,352½ round count, 1-4" twist. If you can use it let me know.
Ooooooooooooh! If only it was 7.34 mm! Soooooo close! grin
Posted By: Rick99 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 04/13/17
Is the "...1/2 round" why it is only 14" long?
One misfire (I left it in), and short for use in the jungles of New Guinea when hunting cannibal frogs. Fits pre-mils and post-mils interchangeably.
Fits pre-mils and post-mils interchangeably.

Oh, it's one of those weld-to-fits. Good, those are way cool.
Nah, it's the even rarer Elmer's Glue-to-fits. (I would recommend the optional hose clamp though.)
I like the heavy duty stainless steel hose clamps with the looooong brass crossbolt. I hang my bandana on it when I break from marching in the jungle to forage for grubs.
Does anyone have a source for the "Y" shaped retractor for a square-bolt 1899?
Posted By: cmhjohn Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 09/16/17
I am looking for a butt plate for a model 20 ser 126.. Date of mfg ?. End of stock has original curve. Also need the small brass insert and screw for front sight. Many thanks for any help.
Posted By: 8888_902 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 09/18/17

I am looking for an elevation Knurled Knob for a Lyman 54 for my Savage 20/26. I realize they are a scarce item. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks. Art
Hi all!!!!
This is my first post
And would like to introduce myself
I'm Vinny B , from Big Dog Arms in Roscoe NY
I NEED SOME HELP In Finding which is the correct rear sight that goes on a savage 1899 I have in 22 H.P - the gun was made in 1915 and the serial number is 1701XX
I can provide pics of the firearm if needed
It's a takedown model and the rear sight has a dovetail groove in the barrel and there are two screw holes also in barrel for rear sight - can anyone steer me in the right direction please ?

Vincent A. Barbato
OWNER
Big Dog Arms
Do you want a scope , tang sight or regular rear sight?
Posted By: Rick99 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 09/21/17
This is the sight that would have been original to the rifle... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Sav...3?hash=item4408b094a3:g:lwYAAOSwqOtZg4T3

The two holes in the barrel would have been added so can't tell what they were for.
Posted By: RAM Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 12/04/17
Yo Dawg;

Western Gun Parts got anything? They are like GPC with a touque (smile)
Posted By: mad_dog Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 12/05/17
Western has been selling alot on GB lately.

Seems like everything I call them for is "out of stock", Lyman sight parts especially.
Could use a decent 99EG stock and forend from 1950s. Yeah, I know, no one wants to part with them. Have to try.
Anybody a A, B, or C barrel in 30-30 and maybe a forearm? I have receiver # 137xxx with a flaming bomb barrel probably off a Springfield. Thanks.
Posted By: norm99 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 12/21/17
dirty- dirty barrels not easy to come by got 303s would have a forearm for you.

norm
I've got a turdy turdy barrel on a different takedown parts gun, the Jeep gun, but if I steal it then the parts gun would be a dedicated .410. Not a bad thing I guess.
Posted By: norm99 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 12/21/17
I've got a turdy turdy barrel on a different takedown parts gun, the Jeep gun, but if I steal it then the parts gun would be a dedicated .410. Not a bad thing I guess.

WHATEVER scratches your Tinkerbell itch,,,,,,,,,,,,smile
Posted By: 51willys Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 12/23/17
I am looking for the rear sight and elevator that would be correct for a 1957 99-F.
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 12/23/17
non-folding semi-buckhorn. Savage made a lot of them. The folding model didn't come out until 1959. It's much harder to find. David
Originally Posted by 51willys
I am looking for the rear sight and elevator that would be correct for a 1957 99-F.

I have one but I'm away from home until Wednesday. Send a private message with your email and I will contact you then.
Posted By: 51willys Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 12/23/17
Thank you. PM sent.
I Need a Stith 1" front tube set up! I have A Tang Base I can swap. but no screws for it, or a front set up in 3/4 tube, or try to buy one! any one have a extra 1" tube?
I need a post mil 99 barrel. I would love to get a ,375, .358, .284, or 22-250. I could even do a custom. .
Posted By: norm99 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 01/02/18
I need a post mil 99 barrel. I would love to get a ,375, .358, .284, or 22-250. I could even do a custom. .

I Have a new 375 with your name on it.

norm
Hey guys - forgive the handle, but the reason I am posting here is a general lack of familiarity with the Savage family. I have inherited a number of firearms from my grandfather, one of which is a Savage 99 takedown model in 303 savage. The only issue with this rifle, was the lack of a forend piece. After much research I managed to find the correct forend, however it is missing the latch piece. I am hoping you fine folks here can point me in the direction of a replacement latch. Thanks so much!
Posted By: norm99 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 01/03/18
i believe i have one in stock.

norm
Hi Norm, would you be willing to part with it?

Dave

I Have a new 375 with your name on it.

norm

Norm as expected I'll be needing that 375 barrel when you get back in town.
Posted By: norm99 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 01/07/18
OK
Posted By: RickND Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 02/14/18
I know this is a shot in the dark.... but does anybody have Saddle Ring Carbine butt stock. I need one for a 25-35
Posted By: norm99 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 02/14/18
if nobody pops up i can get one made for you .

norm
Posted By: RickND Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 02/14/18
Thanks Norm
Posted By: jim52 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 02/16/18
Need a staple and ring for an 1899 SRC 1917 vintage. Anyone have one to spare or know where they are available. I have read someplace there are different sizes
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 02/16/18
Bwaa haa haa haa... let us know if you find a source. Lots of us in your boat.
Posted By: TomT Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 02/19/18
Hey all! I'm in need of a Savage 99 Barrel dovetail forearm stud (as shown in pic. in below link. not my pic BTW. "borrowed" it for example purposes). I'm working on another "Franken99" build, and I need this part. I have a few small 99 parts for trading fodder, OR I can send a MO for the part. Please PM me if you have a spare. It doesn't have to be "pretty" THANKS! -TomT

LINK:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/galleries/12654113#Post12654113
I've got some new ones. I'll send a PM.
tag
Posted By: jim52 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 02/21/18
Looking for a staple and ring for a 1917 1899 F SRC. Or if someone can provide me with the correct diameter of the rod that the ring was formed from and the inside diameter of the ring, I possibly could at least make the ring.
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 02/21/18
Originally Posted by jim52
Looking for a staple and ring for a 1917 1899 F SRC. Or if someone can provide me with the correct diameter of the rod that the ring was formed from and the inside diameter of the ring, I possibly could at least make the ring.

I don't think they were all the same, and seem to recall hearing that some were one piece and others had an end?

But here's something:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/11592974/1899_Saddle_ring_carbine
Posted By: mad_dog Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 02/22/18
Anyone have a spare 4 round mag for a Savage 45 in 30-06?

Shoot me a pm if you do.
Posted By: Polecat Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 02/27/18
I'm in need of a forearm screw for a 50s 99F, if anyone has a spare they would like sell. Thanks

Lee
PM sent.
Posted By: Polecat Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 02/27/18
PM returned

Lee
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 02/27/18
I need a peep style rear sight for a 99 Takedown 300 S made in 1926
Need a forearm for a 99CE like this. Cash or trade.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by jorgeI
I need a peep style rear sight for a 99 Takedown 300 S made in 1926

300 Jimmy has one listed in the classifieds that might work for you.
Need the parts to convert a 303 to 38-55. Cartridge guide, cartridge stop, rotor.
Probably a long shot, but looking for a takedown button? Or the whole takedown assembly. Not sure of right terminology.
Posted By: SamE0717 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 03/21/18
I'm in search of a front sight for a Savage model 1917 .380 cal. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Sam
Need a 303 or 30-30 rotor.
The whole assembly or just the rotor?
Either way Mike.
Posted By: docost99 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 04/09/18
Anyone have a hammer spring for an old model 1894 Marlin? It’s my dad’s old octagon.32-20.
I've seen it called a main spring, trigger spring, and hammer spring....
Found one.
Posted By: Loggah Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 04/09/18
Wisners inc ,probably has a repo mainspring for the 1894 marlin. I have bought marlin and winchester stuff off them. Don
Posted By: d4l3k Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 05/16/18
Hey all i'm looking for the spring from a 1908 Savage 99 hammer retractor

acquired this nice old beauty from an estate and when i took it apart to clean it, i think the spring shot off somewhere, or maybe it didn't have one

its the old style hammer retractor it looks like this and the spring i need is also in the picture:
[Linked Image]

Those are about impossible to find. I've resorted to making them from a small safety pin. Takes some patience but you can bend one to fit.
Posted By: d4l3k Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 05/17/18
that is a great idea, thanks Lightfoot!
Posted By: johno Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 05/19/18
Need a butt stock, stock bolt & butt plate, these are for a friend down here who was just given a 244*** take down 22 hi power, it will be a hunting rifle so the butt does need to be a collector condition, cracked tang or re finished would be fine.

The above items are unrestricted so no problem posting over, have pay pal, help me get this new fella started on his first 99

Johno
Looking for a safety for an early Sporter 23A with the open bottom. I have the later dimpled version I will trade you. Thanks
Turns out my 23A Sporter is a 1917 Sporter. I ordered a magazine off Gunbroker. Doesn't fit. Anyone have a mag for a 1917 Sporter and need a 23A mag? Looking to trade. I also have a safety for the 23A to boot.
Looking for two sets of Lyman/Fecker target blocks for a 1919 NRA and a 23D in 22 Hornet. I think they are the same blocks. Have them on order with Steve Earle, but I figure I can always use extras, and he's a bit busy. I want to put a Fecker 10X on the NRA and a Lyman 438 on the Hornet. When Steve comes through, I'll just buy a couple more guns and scopes. Thanks.
Posted By: Tinmann Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 06/29/18
also new to the forum and trying to find a useable barrel for a 1907 savage 32ACP
Posted By: Rick99 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 06/29/18
Not really up on the pistols but I think there are 3 major barrel versions. First change was at 3000. Next change at 80,500. After that they were interchangeable though not all machined the same.
Originally Posted by Tinmann
also new to the forum and trying to find a useable barrel for a 1907 savage 32ACP

Welcome aboard Tinmann.
Barrels pop up on ebay and gunbroker occasionally.
There are at least 4 barrel variations (maybe more) and I would not assume interchangeable. Changes occurred to barrel lug, barrel diameter, cartridge indicator over model variations.
The challenge will be;
1) determine the serial number range of the pistol you have and corresponding barrel specs.
2) find the correct barrel via s.n. range. The problem is barrels were not marked so difficult to tell what you are buying.
A Savage Pistol Book (Bailey Brower) will help you I.D. what you have with specs.
Good luck in the hunt.
Posted By: hurley Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 07/08/18
will someone tell me how to get a no drill scope base. thanks MOOSE
Posted By: Polecat Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 07/08/18
Watch ebay and gun broker for stith scope mounts, but you will have to get the right scope to go with them. Or send Lightfoot a pm, He makes them and you can use most any modern scope.

Lee
Originally Posted by hurley
will someone tell me how to get a no drill scope base. thanks MOOSE

PM sent.
Are a lever bushing and screw available? I have a 1938 EG and for some reason there is lateral play when the screw is completely tightened. The little stud is seated properly as best I can tell but there is more side-to-side play on this lever compared to the others I own. Anyone have an idea? Thanks, Bruce

After posting, I pulled the assembly from a 20's G and the bushing is a bit shorter and corrected the play in the EG. I was surprised to find the bushing from the EG fit in the G with no play as before. I still haven't figured out why but all seems to be well. Still wondering if the bushing and screw are available if someone knows. Thanks
Posted By: damnesia Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 09/25/18
Hello.

I'm looking for a rear sight that would have been on a 1919 1899 250-3000. Let me know if you have one you could part with.

Thanks.
Welcome to the fire, hope some one can fix you up with your sight. I have a 1919 250 and it's a shooter, but no extra parts.
Originally Posted by damnesia
I'm looking for a rear sight that would have been on a 1919 1899 250-3000. Let me know if you have one you could part with.

The rear sight is commonly known as the "flat top sporting sight".
Any of these would work. I think the middle one would be correct for your rifle.
Can be found on ebay ~$50 +/-

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: damnesia Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 09/25/18
Originally Posted by Southern_WI_Savage
Originally Posted by damnesia

The rear sight is commonly known as the "flat top sporting sight".
Any of these would work. I think the middle one would be correct for your rifle.
Can be found on ebay ~$50 +/-

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Excellent, thank you. Now I know what I'm looking for smile
Posted By: damnesia Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 10/20/18
Wow sights are expensive on ebay. I recently obtained a 1899 stock that was slightly modified for a Lyman 2A 30-1/2 windage tang peep sight, but otherwise is very good shape. I think I'm going to hold out for one of those instead, if I can find one that doesn't cost more than the rifle. I think I know the answer but I'll ask, does anyone have one they'd like to sell?

Thanks.
Need a buttstock for a 99CE. Have trade goods.
Posted By: svg250 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 01/18/19
I have a Savage 250-3000 deluxe and I’m looking for an old barrel band sling mount for it, anyone have one?
Posted By: JeffG Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 01/18/19
here's an option if no one has one to get rid of;

https://brassstacker.com/Magazine-Tube-Clamp.html
I am new to this site, so I don't know how everything works,I have a complete stith mount,screwes,dovetail ,scope is a weaver 330 clear optic,adj. work fine. I have it listed on GB can see pictures there,if any interest contact me.
Im looking for a buttstock for a pre war R with 3pt checkering. Anyone have a spare??

Joe
Originally Posted by triple_deuce
Im looking for a buttstock for a pre war R with 3pt checkering. Anyone have a spare??

Joe

Joe, I have a pre-war R set, but iirc it's two point checkering. I'll go look.
Roy
Yes 2 point. Bottom set in photo. They won't be cheap but they're rare as hell and GOOD!

[Linked Image]
Yes 2 point. Bottom set in photo. They won't be cheap but they're rare as hell and GOOD!

[Linked Image]

Thanks Roy. I will keep looking. At least my forearm is correct then.

Joe
Posted By: susi Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 02/20/19
Need a couple of front sight screws for early model 99 integral ramp. I have the inserts, but, can't find the right screws.

Number #0 is way too small.

Number #1 is also too small.

Number #2 is too big.

Does anyone have a source or at least know the correct specification?

thanks,

Dave
I thought they were #2-56. What thread #2 do you have?
Posted By: susi Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 02/21/19
The #2 that I have is #2-56, or it was supposed to be, maybe the wrong size was in the bin. Pleased to know that I was thinking along the right lines though.
Posted By: JeffG Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 02/21/19
Tink's deal of the week;

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/162210BQ
Originally Posted by JeffG

Jeff I was gunna grab some but noticed they say model 67. Are they the same as for a 99/1899?
Posted By: norm99 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 02/22/19
Originally Posted by JeffG

Jeff I was gunna grab some but noticed they say model 67. Are they the same as for a 99/1899?

are ours 22 ttinch or 26???????????????????????????????
Posted By: JeffG Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 02/22/19
99's stock bolts are 5/16" - 22 TPI BFS (British Fine Standard). Are they correct length for 99s is the question. I haven't bought any or called Numrich to ask.
Numrich uses some obscure alphnumeric part codes. That bolt comes up in 90 configurations. I suspect they are all the same bolt.

In any case, here is the 99 bolt: 99 stock bolt
Posted By: moose95 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 03/13/19
I apologize if this post is in the wrong location -
I am looking for a tang peep sight with windage adjustment for lever safety 99
Thanks in advance for your help
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 03/13/19
There's several.

Full tang sight with windage - Lyman 29 1/2, Lyman 30 1/2 are your best bests. Can be pricey.

Receiver sights - Redfield 70, Lyman 56, Lyman 57.

Welcome to the forum!

PS: If nobody here has spares, they show up on ebay regularly.
A cost effective addition to the receiver sight group is the Williams. Sells for about half the Lymans and Redfields.

These mount with the tang holes but the sight sets over the receiver as opposed to full blown tang sights.
one caution on the williams, make sure it is the proper one or wood has to be removed from the cheek for the elevation adjustment. don't ask how i know.
The wood problem is not limited to the Williams. Have seen that with Redfields as well.
Posted By: moose95 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 03/14/19
Thanks for the heads up and welcome!
A tang peep sight, preferably a Lyman 29 1/2 or 30 1/2 to keep traditional
My old eyes need the help and too stubborn to add a scope
The new made Marbles seems to be a compromise and I am too poor to pay twice and try to get the best I can afford
Besides, if paying for quality it only hurts once smile

It looks like I just missed a great 29 1/2 in the classified and am also searching ebay.
This is a family heirloom and will never be resold, traded or parted with

What was the reason for the short vs long tang Lyman tang peep sights?
I have a 30 1/2 with some patina on it, a brown color rather than blue, not sure what you need.
I like the 30 1/2 because it has screw in apertures. The 29 1/2 gives you 2 choices and that's it.
Posted By: damnesia Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 03/14/19
Originally Posted by moose95
Thanks for the heads up and welcome!
A tang peep sight, preferably a Lyman 29 1/2 or 30 1/2 to keep traditional
My old eyes need the help and too stubborn to add a scope
The new made Marbles seems to be a compromise and I am too poor to pay twice and try to get the best I can afford
Besides, if paying for quality it only hurts once smile

It looks like I just missed a great 29 1/2 in the classified and am also searching ebay.
This is a family heirloom and will never be resold, traded or parted with

What was the reason for the short vs long tang Lyman tang peep sights?

The old Marbles are pretty nice and are generally cheaper than the Lymans, I'm not sure about the new ones though.
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 03/14/19
The old Marble's don't have windage adjustment though.
Posted By: moose95 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 03/16/19
Fireball 2

Thanks for the offer - will PM you
The wood problem is not limited to the Williams. Have seen that with Redfields as well.

my otherwise pure
f 250-3000 wears a williams............damnit!
Posted By: MacAtack Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 03/16/19
I Am looking for a savage 99a straight stock in good shape. I just picked up a 1974 99a that had the stock cut and a recoil pad added. I would like to be able to get it back (as close as I can) to original condition. Any help would be much appreciated .
I'm looking for an elevation/windage slide (Left mount) for a Lyman 57SA mount that I have. Other 57 left side elevation/windage slides) will most likely work.
Thanks, Keith
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 06/27/19
If anybody has a set of sling eyes from a 1950's 99R or knows where to find one, please let me know. Nothing urgent, just one more project I can possibly finish.
Originally Posted by Calhoun
If anybody has a set of sling eyes from a 1950's 99R or knows where to find one, please let me know. Nothing urgent, just one more project I can possibly finish.

PM an offer if these are what you're after.

[Linked Image]
Yep, think those are the right studs for a 50's R. Don't need the hooks, though who among us isn't always on the lookout for those? grin

Anybody run into a set, let me know.
Rory has a set headed his way.
Mucho Gracias! Merci Beaucoup! Danke sehr! Spasiba!
Mucho Gracias! Merci Beaucoup! Danke sehr! Spasiba!

Mucho cervesa
I can get the eyes - for a price. wink
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 08/17/19
Anybody got a source for a 1965 24J-DL buttplate? Has the white liner piece on it...

Or somebody have one in a parts pile?

Picked one up with a recoil pad. Buttstock isn't cut, so would like to make it correct. See a bunch of 24 buttplate repros on eBay, but none with the whiteliner (could fake that, I know..).

Here's a pic of one. Not my gun, obviously.

[Linked Image]
Is the white part a separate spacer?
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 08/17/19
Thought they were one piece.. but just loosened the pistol grip cap and it's two separate pieces. So looks like I can get a 24 buttplate, and then will have to fake a white line spacer.

Thanks, Mike.
You've got it handled then?
WTB: stamped steel ejector / extractor for a Savage/ Stevens 94M .410

Please help me... I have my childhood Stevens model 94M break barrel .410 my Dad bought me when I was 13.
Years (decades) ago I some how managed to load a shell in front of the ejector and when I forced the break barrel closed it snapped in two pieces.
My Grand-Daughter is now 13 and I would like to pass it down to her.

If there is a better place to post, please let me know!
Posted By: Malcolm Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 11/15/19
On the hunt for a Magazine Carrier Spindle ( with nut ) , and a Lever Bushing, both for an 1899 Saddle Ring Carbine Serial # 1226xx , .303.

Some one snapped it trying to take the reverse threads apart by unscrewing it the wrong way.

Does any one know how many threads per inch on that one ?
Posted By: mad_dog Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 11/27/19
Long shot in the dark I know but I need a rear sight for a Stevens Springfield 87M (the one that looks like a Garand), shoot me a pm if you know where one like this is, thanks.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 11/27/19
[Linked Image from hawaiihistoricarms.com]
Posted By: Jonsey Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 12/04/19
I am looking for a muzzle brake for a 1899...I think! My 1899 in 30-30 has a threaded end on the barrel with a shoulder that looks like a stop. I am assuming it was a muzzle brake that was original. Can anyone confirm that? Is there any chance of finding one?
Thanks,
Dan

Attached picture 33FAA99F-94D9-4E05-BFF6-47E9E732C094.jpeg
Attached picture 985E7226-9F0E-40AF-97A4-F22B244C4DAC.jpeg
Attached picture 0B365ED5-899B-44A2-8E12-F781DB541EBA.jpeg
You, my friend, need a silencer.
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 12/04/19
Yep, that's threads for a suppressor. Likely a Maxim. Don't know Canadian laws... down here it would be possible to get a suppressor threaded to fit it, though have to do all the paperwork/tax stamp/etc.
Ahhh....thanks
I’m sure we can’t have it in Canada and aren’t allowed without even looking it up haha. Sure makes more sense than a muzzle brake. I was very confused by the whole idea of that. Really appreciate the help guys. An answer in a few minutes....thanks again.
Posted By: damnesia Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 12/05/19
Anyone have a .250 Savage rotor they'd part with? Not sure I need it but this gun came to me in parts and doesn't hold over 4 shells and cycles a little funny. I've tried all the suggestions offered in the thread about it but the problem persists. If it doesn't fix the issue I can send it back if you like. Even borrowing/renting one to see if that does indeed fix the problem would work. There is one on eBay but I don't know for sure if it is for a .250.

Thanks.
Posted By: GeneB Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 12/09/19
Long shot in the dark I know but I need a rear sight for a Stevens Springfield 87M (the one that looks like a Garand), shoot me a pm if you know where one like this is, thanks
[Linked Image from hawaiihistoricarms.com]

The sights for the H&R Reising's are almost identical, the only difference is the maybe a little shorter and they have stamped in gussets at the bend, if you know a good welder those could be removed. The elevators look identical but I see they are listed as sold out - a couple years ago I was looking for87M sights and they still had them, I found an original M87 set at Tulsa, still have to make mounting screws.

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/22040B
[Linked Image from d1zzd228d7bvdx.cloudfront.net]

The sold out elevators - https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/22120B
[Linked Image from d1zzd228d7bvdx.cloudfront.net]

There are a couple forums with threads dealing just with the 87M's, the Reising sights have been well known to that group for a long time and is probably most of the reason the elevators are now sold out.

************* I just remembered there was another place selling these, they still list sights and the elevators!
https://keystonearms.com/product/reising-rear-sight-elevator/
https://keystonearms.com/product/reising-rear-sight-leaf/

They also have the mounting screws but they are flat head for the Reising and the M87's used a low button head, don't know if the threads are the same.

...you might have trouble getting machine gun parts into Canada....
Posted By: mad_dog Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 12/10/19
Great, thanks Gene!
Posted By: Deakin Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 12/21/19
Well new to savage and I need a magazine box for a short action, stagger feed, 308 size and a spring and follower.

Thanks for the help.

So new I forgot to mention it's a model 10 G series
I need a wood set for a Pre Mil 99F 250 Savage.
I could use butt stock with a plate or a complete set of wood for a 99R pistol grip 1949 300 Sav.
Mine has some ugly spacers and a pad. Would like it to look original!
Thanks
Ed
Posted By: captjohn Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 03/31/20
Need the following for a 99f

1.) the pate that goes under the grip
2.) the bolt that runs thru the stock to the action
3.) fajen walnut forend, 6 1/2 inches ot the whole newer style

If anyone has any of them sight fillers I would be interested in a couple of them.

Thanks,

John
PM sent.
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 04/15/20
Well dang.. picked up a 1950's 99R with the wrong buttstock because I had a spare 99R buttstock. But the fit on mine is atrocious, even if tweaked it would leave a lot of metal showing.

If anybody has a 99R buttstock, toss me a PM with a price. Don't want to put too much into it, it's just a shooter 308.
Posted By: BDidier Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 05/08/20
I am in need of all fore end metal for a 99 take down, 1912 or '13 model in 22 HP.

Thanks.

Bruce
Posted By: bilwil Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 06/02/20
I have a friend who just got his dad's Savage 1907 made in 1915. It has a ruined barrel and he asked me if I could help locate a replacement. I'm not sure if the Model 1915 and 1917 use the same barrel. Anyone have one or can point me in the right direction, please let me know with a PM.

Bill
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 06/02/20
There were 3 models. The 1907, the 1915, and the 1917. The 1907 has rectangular grips, the 1915 has the grip safety, the 1917 has trapezoidal grips.

If you can get a serial number range, we can tell you which style and variation it is. Also you'll need to know if it's a 32ACP, or 380.

Let's see if I can link in a random internet pic of all 3..

[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]
I could use a rear sight for a Savage super sporter. Thanks.
Good evening gentlemen, I took possession of my gr. grandfathers Mod.99 in 300 Savage. It is a great shooter and in very good condition, it has iron sights and my old eyes are not what they used to be, so a scope is in need, which created the problem of a scope mount. I am interested in the Lightfoot one piece and would appreciate some help in getting in touch with the gentleman that makes this mount. Many thanks in advance for any help.
Originally Posted by nativeson67
Good evening gentlemen, I took possession of my gr. grandfathers Mod.99 in 300 Savage. It is a great shooter and in very good condition, it has iron sights and my old eyes are not what they used to be, so a scope is in need, which created the problem of a scope mount. I am interested in the Lightfoot one piece and would appreciate some help in getting in touch with the gentleman that makes this mount. Many thanks in advance for any help.

Lightfoot no-drill mount:

E-mail at Lightfootmountgmail.com
Thank you kind sir!
thank you sir
Originally Posted by nativeson67
thank you sir

I responded to your email and have heard nothing back??
I am looking for Savage Super Sporter magazine for a 30-06 with the side button release. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: captjohn Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 11/26/20
Syntetic forearm for a 99 savage, I have the buttstock.
I need a Post Mil 99F barrel. Gun is currently a 243, prefer 243 barrel.
Originally Posted by riflegunbuilder
I need a Post Mil 99F barrel. Gun is currently a 243, prefer 243 barrel.

I may have that. Let me check.
Yes, I do.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 01/20/21
Good morning. Looking to purchase a rear sight for my 99R (250-3000). Ebay has a few but not specific enough for me to determine if period correct.
I have a couple of correct ones. The ebay stuff has a lot of mismatched sights and elevators.

Send me an email to the address in my sig line if you are interested.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 01/20/21
Thank you Mr. Lightfoot, email sent. Here's a picture

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]
I have a NIB Williams peep sight for a Savage 340 and the like to trade. Also, a new set of replacement sights for a Winchester 94: front and rear sights, the elevator and front hood in a MacDonald Export "A" 65th anniversary tobacco tin.

I'm looking for parts to complete a Lyman 54, the left windage adjustment wheel, screw in eye cup, and the little flip up sight that mounts in the front of the eye cup.

And a late Savage 1920 (post 10,XXX) rear sight and elevator in very rough condition if you please. cool

Cheers!
Posted By: TomA Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 03/17/21
Need 2 dovetails for a Stith 3/4 inch mounts. Just the parts that slide into dovetail on barrel. Thanks, Tom.
Posted By: TomA Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 03/18/21
No longer need those Stith parts, I've decided I will just gather the Stith parts I have and sell them as parts, thanks, Tom.
I need the barrel lug for a take down. I have all the latch parts. The lug is the only thing holding this one from a trip to the range, thanks.
Good Day All!
Looking for a complete 1895 Bolt Assembly..
Thnx!
Did you find the barrel lug you wanted?
I am in need of a 250-3000 barrel for a solid frame rifle from the 30's. 22" if possible. Got a smoothbore looking for a shooter that'll reblue nice.
Don't have one Roy, but wont a takedown barrel work? Just put some Elmers on it and it becomes solid?
Originally Posted by missedbycracky
Did you find the barrel lug you wanted?

I'm sorry, I wrote a reply a few days ago and must have forgot to hit the post button. I still need one.
Posted By: Mrhp Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 07/29/21
Deluxe buttstock for my 99 takedown. Should be same as rifle. prefer old original one with checkering but would consider non checkered as well. thanks!
Brian, what year is it? They did change the barrel contour once or twice. My 1915 forearm has a noticeably more narrow barrel channel than the 1916. I've never compared them to the 1928 F.
Posted By: Malcolm Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 10/16/21
Originally Posted by Malcolm
On the hunt for a Magazine Carrier Spindle ( with nut ) , and a Lever Bushing, both for an 1899 Saddle Ring Carbine Serial # 1226xx , .303.

Some one snapped it trying to take the reverse threads apart by unscrewing it the wrong way.

Does any one know how many threads per inch on that one ?

Made one up on the lathe ; took 2 tries to get it right ; 36 threads per inch 3/16 od. reverse threads. Still need a lever bushing but old one will do for now. Needs the lever bite trick to stop the lever from dropping if unloaded a saddle ring and a backsight.
Need a Savage Super Sporter 30-06 mag for the side button release model.

Thanks.
Posted By: MnFn Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 11/22/21
I need a spring for the forearm takedown latch on a model 99 G. I’d appreciate getting one if someone could help me out.
Looking for a take down barrel lug for a 1899 250-3000. If you have one let me know. Thanks.

Joe
Posted By: MoSav Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 12/18/21
Does anyone have or know a source for Dummy Screws (2) for an 1899 250-3000 SN183XXX?
Do you mean the plug screws for the tang holes?

The positive stop screws work better than the headless originals. Found some on ebay. The thread is 8-40

screws
Just saw a schematic that called them dummy screws, but I think we may be talking about the same thing.
The positive stop screws work better than the headless originals. Found some on ebay. The thread is 8-40

screws
Thanks for the info. Do you blue them yourself or do they come blued?
Originally Posted by MoSav
Thanks for the info. Do you blue them yourself or do they come blued?

Not my auction. You have to select the size and quantity. Just don't pick the SS and they will be blue.
Posted By: damnesia Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 01/09/22
I've been looking for a butt stock for an 1899F (SRC) for some time. I managed to track down a butt plate for one and made a stock that looks pretty close, at least I think so. The problem is I've never seen one in person. I made mine from pictures of SRC stocks I found online. Comparing my 99H stocks to pictures of 1899F stocks, they look different ( beyond them having different butt plates ).

Anyone happen to have a SRC butt stock they'd sell? I don't care if it's broken, cut, in horrible shape, etc. I'm just looking for one side mostly intact so I can get the contours correct.
Posted By: occiv Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 01/25/22
I'm looking fpr a .30-30 barrel and rotor if anyone has one they are willing to sell.
In need of a Bolt Assembly for a 59A shotgun
Thanks
Im looking for a 50’s era lever off an EG. Anyone have an extra?? Doesn't need to be collector quality. Thanks.

Joe
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 04/05/22
Gents, I have an EG with Stih mounts and a straight tube Weaver 2.5X. I'm looking for the correct scope cover. Did they even make one?
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 04/05/22
If you mean the K2.5 they did make one. I had one on my EG in the 1960's. Don't know if they are still available.
Stith made them. You will find them next to the hen's teeth.

Seen a few on ebay over the years...
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 04/05/22

The Stith covers are for Stith scopes, aren't they?

The Stith covers are for Stith scopes, aren't they?

I don't think so. Pretty sure I've seen them for the K2.5 in particular.
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 04/05/22
Interesting. Thanks.. learning new stuff every day. grin
Posted By: jorgeI Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 04/07/22
Roger, I'll be sure to check the "hen's teeth" dept. If I had a picture and I was still on Active Duty, I could get the Parachute Riggers in the squadron to make me one smile
Anybody sitting on a 26" barrel they aren't going to use? I have a 1899A that is missing the tube.
Posted By: damnesia Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 06/02/22
I'm looking for a takedown latch or possibly a missing part for one I have. Also I am looking for a takedown barrel lug, I have one that works okay but part of it's broken off and I'm not sure how long the rest will last. Seems like it might be better to post requests in a new thread.

Thanks.
Hey guys. A friend of mine is looking for some late model F parts with the tang safety. He needs mainly the trigger and sear parts. Also a cocking indicator. If anyone has some parts or a tang safety receiver, let me know. Thanks!!

Joe
I've got a few pieces left. Not sure if they are new or not. Is it just the trigger and sear assembly?

Drop me an email or PM and we can go from there.
I think Roy is hooking him up Mike. If he still needs something i will let you know. Thanks.
Posted By: norm99 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 07/04/22
Roy i could set u up with a 303 26 INCH
Posted By: xhogboss Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 07/10/22
Anyone happen to have a follower for a 111 (1995 manufacture) long action? Making a 223 Remington into a 308 Winchester. I can remove the block from the 223 mag body and I have a 308 bolt head on the way.
Posted By: ranger1 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 07/19/22
I'm in need of the rear sight elevator for a 99 EG. Anyone have one that they would part with? I can pay or trade for an old Marbles rear with a 3/8" dovetail.
Posted By: Rick99 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 07/20/22
PM sent
Looking for a good condition pistol grip buttstock for 1947 model 99 EG . Was shooting at my range this 99 was a new purchase and the buttstock split all the way in half never seen anything like it . It won’t be wasted this 99 is in like new condition MINT ! That’s what made this even more crazy ! If anybody out there can help me please let me know . I’m trying to put this together for my stepson for his birthday . Thanks In Advance
First off, don't do anything to harm the pieces of the old one. There are guys here that can put them back together and you can't tell.
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 07/31/22
If nothing else, it can be the basis for duplicating a new buttstock.
If you saved every splinter it can be repaired. Check this out.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Im looking for a 50’s era model R forearm. If you have one let me know. Thanks.

Joe
Joe I think I have several.
Roy, while you are looking through you stuff, see what kind of wood you have for that C action I got from you please. Nothing fancy. If it’s a Monte Carlo I might see if Gary can remove it. Don’t know yet?
Asking for a friend, need a breach bolt for a post mill. I’m assuming he needs a whole bolt. I’ll check,
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 08/03/22
Originally Posted by JoeMartin
Roy, while you are looking through you stuff, see what kind of wood you have for that C action I got from you please. Nothing fancy. If it’s a Monte Carlo I might see if Gary can remove it. Don’t know yet?

I doubt if much can be done with it, Joe. Savage 99 Monte Carlo stocks are weirdly shaped.
Let me know Roy. I sent you a pm. Thanks
Thanks, I might have to live with it, I just want to get it finished.
The post mill bolt is for Sam Hurt, one of Joe’s Rendezvous regulars. He said some one tried to put a pre mill bolt in it and it’s a no go.
Joe I got a few stocks, nothing period 99C. New ones from later and some odds and ends from all over.
Originally Posted by JoeMartin
The post mill bolt is for Sam Hurt, one of Joe’s Rendezvous regulars. He said some one tried to put a pre mill bolt in it and it’s a no go.

Hmmm... Not aware of a difference in the bolt itself pre and post mill? The bolt stop was moved back for longer travel but the bolt is the same as far as I know.

Tell me more.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 08/03/22
Hmmm. I know strikers are different, are the "receptacles" in the bolts different? Or am I all wet on that? (I'm thinking back to some trials and tribulations I suffered in that regard a few years ago.)
Yeah, the strikers look different but I've found them to all interchange.

Swapping bolts gun to gun is pretty problematic. To my knowledge, Savage fit the bolt to the receiver and adjusted head space by grinding off the bolt face. The effective length of the bolt varies from gun to gun.

Gary, I know you recall the effort we put into finding one for you some years back.

What problem is he trying to solve??
I am trying to find a bolt assy for a top safety 99. The rifle I am working on was missing some parts. A PO tried to substitute an early F bolt, and it will not work. The hammers are significantly different, and I am not sure what other differences may exist, so I prefer to obtain a complete bolt assy, so I can first fit it to the receiver, and then headspace it correctly.
Posted By: norm99 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 08/16/22
what is the serial number range of your rifle?
11236xx
Posted By: Kram7088 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 08/21/22
I’m looking for a front sight for a 1939 model 99 EG, I actually only need the blade. Can anyone help me out? Thanks
I would be interested in any checkered forearm, solid or TD and any nice pre 90,000 forearm.
Found the correct bolt, thanks to all who responded.
ISO of a complete rear sight assembly for an early 50's EG. Thanks.
sounds like the semi buckhorn + elevator is what yer after? Got those. Send an email and we can get 'er done.
Thanks Mike!!
Yeah, the strikers look different but I've found them to all interchange.

Swapping bolts gun to gun is pretty problematic. To my knowledge, Savage fit the bolt to the receiver and adjusted head space by grinding off the bolt face. The effective length of the bolt varies from gun to gun.

Gary, I know you recall the effort we put into finding one for you some years back.

What problem is he trying to solve??

Sorry Mike. I have a heck of a time navigating FB. I lost the post he had going. I'll see if he still needs it?
No, we got it sorted. Turns out the hammer for post mil guns is indeed different. It is slimmed up so it clears the sear assembly. I sent him a slim hammer and I think he's got it together.
No, we got it sorted. Turns out the hammer for post mil guns is indeed different. It is slimmed up so it clears the sear assembly. I sent him a slim hammer and I think he's got it together.
I think he posted he's ready to go to the range. Thank you.
Need a Savage Super Sporter 30-06 mag for the side button release model.

Thanks.

Still looking. Thanks.
Jim, there is one on ebay right now. Not sure if its the one your looking for.

Joe
Looking for a grip cap and screw for a premil 99 EG. Thanks.
Posted By: LHS905 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 12/01/22
New owner of a 99 in 250-3000. Thinking back I can't believe it took this long. I would like to put a Redfield 70LT receiver sight on it. It looks like this is the place to ask.

LHS
Posted By: RickND Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 12/04/22
I’m looking for a cut checkered model F buttstock if anyone has one. One that doesn’t have a butt pad installed

Rick
Posted By: LHS905 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 12/10/22
Moderator Rick99 hooked me up with a 70LT.

Thanks Rick.

LHS
Looking for a barrel stud and screw for a solid frame F model. Thanks.

Joe
Posted By: norm99 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 01/20/23
do you need them before the Sav fest, smile

Norm
Trying to help a guy find one Norm. Thanks.
NC Ordnance makes a very nice repro cap, and he might have the screw. Great guy to deal with.
Looking for a Savage 340 magazine in 30-30

Also looking for a Savage 45 super sporter
side release in 30-06.
Posted By: nash22 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 02/18/23
Looking for a curved lever for a 99F in 308. Let me know if you have one you’d be willing to part with.

Thanks
Im looking for a butt stock for a model F with a fluted comb. If anyone has one or any leads that would be great. Thanks.

Joe
Im looking for a butt stock for a model F with a fluted comb. If anyone has one or any leads that would be great. Thanks.

Joe

Pre 1960 or post?
Pre 60 Roy.
Posted By: LHS905 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 03/01/23
Hey there all Savage Loonies.

I just found out through the Savage Single Shot website SAVAGE SINGLE SHOTS that the forearm on my early Model 220 .410 does not have the correct forearm on it. Of course I'd like to correct that.

Anyone here have one they would be willing to part with?

Thanks.

LHS
Best to check here first.

Need a Marbles S 20 sight for a M1920 project.

photo credit: GeneB

Thx
Scratch the S-20s. Bit of a FOOL'S ERRAND!
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 03/11/23
It was worth a shot. grin
Actually according to my betters the S-20 sight ain't really what I want if the rifle is not already drilled for it... the 120 grain TTSX bullets are loaded but the dream of hunting the rifle will be on hold for now unless it's done with open sights.

All good!
Posted By: Loggah Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 04/01/23
Im looking for the old style takedown forearm metal,the part that butts against the receiver with the bolt that goes thru from side to side. the one i have is missing the lock tab. thanks. Don
Posted By: norm99 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 04/02/23
Originally Posted by Loggah
Im looking for the old style takedown forearm metal,the part that butts against the receiver with the bolt that goes thru from side to side. the one i have is missing the lock tab. thanks. Don

I will check my stuff tomorrow , i do believe that i have one.

Norm
Posted By: Loggah Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 04/02/23
O.K. Norm, thanks. Don
Posted By: LHS905 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 08/17/23
I need a front sight blade retention screw as pictured.

Thanks.

LHS

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by LHS905
Thanks Lightfoot. Worked on that for 20 minutes can't figure out why the image wouldn't post, just the link address????

LHS

You had double img tags. Postimage puts them in for you.

Posted By: GeneB Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 08/21/23
Originally Posted by LHS905
I need a front sight blade retention screw as pictured.
LHS
I have some that work, they are metric so the thread is not exactly right, but they are also slightly under size and screw in without forcing them and snug up enough they will not fall out, I have not tried to tighten them a lot, since not being the exact same thread pitch, they may just be gripping tight on part of a single thread. They have a flat head instead of being slightly rounded and the slot is a little wider than the originals. I have only tried them it two different barrels so I am just assuming they will work in all. I got some pictures I took somewhere on my computer and will try to find them and post a couple. I planned on posting them here but have not gotten to it yet. A couple other members have some but I have not heard if they used them yet or not. PM me if interested, if you give me your email I could send you pictures.
Gene, I thought that was a 2-56 thread. Do you know for sure?
Posted By: LHS905 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 08/21/23
Thanks Gene. Lightfoot turned me onto Numrich-they list it. I’ll see what it looks like when it comes in.

LHS
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 08/21/23
2-56 threads. I have a fistful of brass ones I've been using.
Posted By: GeneB Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 08/21/23
I only tried them in the early short integral bases, a #2-56 will not pass through the right side clearance hole on the two I tried. The #2-56 measures 0.084" dia. and the originals measure about 0.078", an old fractional size - 5/64". The 2mm screws I have measure 0.071~0.072" but 2 mm converts to 0.07874". Maybe the later long integral bases used a different size screw? Rory found the specification for that screw as 80 TPI, the metric 2-.4 = 63½ TPI. I could not find a source for M2-.25 fine threads with the correct head, they would be 91½ TPI.

The metric screws threaded freely in and the original screw went right back in without an issue, so the threads appear to not have been damaged.

There is also a course thread M2-.45 that is almost an exact match for some 5/64 diameter screws with courser threads used on some Stevens ladder sights, it's within a half thread in pitch and just under in diameter. I bought taps & one die for those, they must not be commonly used and were hard to find.

I put some pictures together to email LHS905
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The M2-.4's with the heads ground down
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: zcm82 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 09/02/23
Not really a parts search so much, as potential feedback for a part. Has anyone used one of these? The sear spring on my EG 250 snapped this morning.

https://jackfirstinc.com/savage-99-trigger-spring-early-flat-579-99-284
Pretty pricy! Looks original. I tried Numrich but their site is down right now.

Sam Hurt has all my parts now. He goes by missedbycracky on here. Drop him a PM.
Thanks. I had looked at Numerich, but all I saw on there were the newer style round springs, not the old flats.

I have been kinda cursed on this rifle from the get-go. Thought I finally... finally was gonna have it all ironed out today then that happened first shot 🙄
This should be the flat one. I still can't get them to come up.
Numrich PN 141350A

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=141350A
Thank you! I must be blind, I scrolled through all the 99 parts and never saw it 🤦‍♂️

$8.20, beats the heck out of $18 Just ordered one... $15 shipped.
Posted By: norm99 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 09/03/23
i have parts like that , just been off for a few weeks.

norm
Posted By: zcm82 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 09/03/23
I got lucky last time I needed something for a 99. My Dad actually had what I was after (rotor spring) leftover in the little stash of parts he still has from his gunsmithing days. He didn't have one of these, though.

Most of what he has is assorted bits and bobs for various 22s, since that was what he got in for repairs most frequently.
Posted By: LHS905 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 09/06/23
Re: the front sight screw discussion above. Here is what Numrich provided. Not even close, and poor manufacturing to boot. Can't believe they sent that.

LHS
Posted By: zcm82 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 09/09/23
Just wanted to say thanks again. The Numerich spring arrived today; dropped right in and works perfectly.

Posted By: ctw Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 09/10/23
In need of a couple forend studs any laying in parts drawers here?

Thanks Chris
Solid frame?
I’m new to the forum, but have been reading for awhile. Seems like a good group. I’ve got a 99 eg and need a carrier spindle head screw. I’ve purchased 2 off the interweb, but both are .135. I need the smaller one. Old one measures at .118. Anybody got one laying around….will be happy to pay. Assuming the answer is no, is it easier to modify the larger screw to the gun or the gun to the screw.
Also, does anybody have a Stith mount with scope that will fit this rifle, or a lightfoot mount, they would be willing to part with? I’m setting this rebuild up with fiber and a peep because I don’t want to drill, but my ailing eyes could use the scope. Planning to hunt black bears in Alaska.
I need a firing pin and a trigger bar for a savage 1917 please.
Greetings, I can help you out.

Since it's a M1917 it's the Type 2 notched firing pin.

By trigger bar, I assume you are meaning the the trigger lock bar 1G39.
[img]https://icedrive.net/s/yV4ZTCRG4YTjukF4aAxR1u2wyB5f[/img]
No luck with anyone having a carrier spindle screw that’s .118? If not, I’ve got the old screw. I had to drill and use an ez-out, but I think it’s repairable. I assume to repair properly, it’ll take a TIG welder which I don’t have. Does anyone know a competent individual that does screw repair?
Posted By: Alan_C Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 10/05/23
I am looking for a savage 99 forend off the 1971 carbine 8-3/4 long with schnable. Most any condition as I will use it for duplicating. I do watch most places online. Please let me know price. Thanks,Alan
I am waiting to hear back from Savage1907 but in case that falls though I need a breech plug for a .380 savage 1917.
You guys are pretty tight with your parts, else I’ve offended or nobody is looking at this thread. If anyone does happen upon this thread, let me know.
Need a rear sight for a 99F from the 50s if anyone has one.
Thanks. Jim
Posted By: 99guy Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 11/02/23
Originally Posted by Sammythedog
You guys are pretty tight with your parts, else I’ve offended or nobody is looking at this thread. If anyone does happen upon this thread, let me know.

Sammy. This is the first time I have looked at this thread in at least a year. Or more. I never check it. I don't think it gets much traffic. I'd start a new post in the general forum.
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 11/02/23
I read it. Can't help you. I can't speak for the others, but I'm not mad at anyone.
Originally Posted by Dravenguild
I am waiting to hear back from Savage1907 but in case that falls though I need a breech plug for a .380 savage 1917.

Got your parts, will ship them when I get back home next Wednesday. In Iowa moving my Mom into Nursing Care facility.
Thanks for the advice 99guy. I’m not sure I know how to start a new thread, but will try to figure it out and post original message.
Posted By: esmith Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 11/30/23
Have a 1979 Savage 99cd Series A.

Need a new 0.975” forend screw as well as the dovetail barrel stud that screw mates to.

Mine work, sort of, but threads are dinged up, screw is bent and afraid it’s a matter of time before it gets far worse.
Gunbroker has it. https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1021147075
Posted By: KC_Ray Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 11/30/23
I'm new to this site. Was pleased to see several posts on the Savage Pocket Pistol. I am unable to find the sear spring guide for a 1917 380. Product #: 151390 on Numrich. When I first got the gun about 8 years ago, it was firing full auto. I've worked on it on and off over the years. That's how I lost that guide pin. I'm thinking if I can't find one, I could fabricate this tiny pin from something of similar size. Anyone have an idea what might work?
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 11/30/23
full auto is cool. I had a National Match 1911 go full auto on me once. It climbed rapidly. fortunately it ran out of bullets before it put one through the range roof.
Originally Posted by KC_Ray
I'm new to this site. Was pleased to see several posts on the Savage Pocket Pistol. I am unable to find the sear spring guide for a 1917 380. Product #: 151390 on Numrich. When I first got the gun about 8 years ago, it was firing full auto. I've worked on it on and off over the years. That's how I lost that guide pin. I'm thinking if I can't find one, I could fabricate this tiny pin from something of similar size. Anyone have an idea what might work?

I would keep that little tidbit of information to yourself until you get it fixed.
I can help you out.

Just fixed that issue on a M1917 .380 in CA.
Tried to private message but said you were over limit. I have the parts to fix that and can likely help solve that issue.
Originally Posted by Savage1907
Tried to private message but said you were over limit. I have the parts to fix that and can likely help solve that issue.
No, KC Ray is new and doesn’t have pm privileges yet.
He’ll have to provide some contact info or you will.
Providing email address in your profile is common.
I don’t make the rules…
Originally Posted by KC_Ray

KC Ray, contact me at [email protected] for parts and possible help with that issue. 90% of the time it is because someone in the past tried to “fix” that squishy trigger pull.
Posted By: KC_Ray Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 12/01/23
Longbeard. Yep. Don't know why I didn't think of that. I bought the gun, because that's what my great grandfather bought when he immigrated. He and my grandfather and dad kept it in the tool box on the farm. Mostly for butchering. My brother will get that one when my dad passes, so I had to get this one when I saw it. Serial numbers are 51 numbers apart.
Posted By: KC_Ray Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 12/01/23
Dave, sent you an email. I'm looking forward to talking with you.
Looking for a Grip Cap for a Savage 99EG.

Thanks,

HS 58
Originally Posted by HunterShooter58
Looking for a Grip Cap for a Savage 99EG.

Thanks,

HS 58
PM sent
I know its a long shot but does anyone have a staple and ring for a SRC?? Thanks. Joe
Posted By: jambrdly Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 01/30/24
I need at least one original "cheese grater" magazine for my Savage 23c in .32-20. It's the same magazine for the 23B. Does anyone have one for sale or know of a source?
Posted By: TDLever Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 02/06/24
Excellent!
Posted By: norm99 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 02/06/24
I know its a long shot but does anyone have a staple and ring for a SRC?? Thanks. Joe

I have a ring . no staple.

norm
Posted By: ostrick Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 02/20/24
Lookin for a rear barrel sight compatible with Savage 99T.
Thanks
Posted By: Rick99 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 02/24/24
Originally Posted by ostrick
Lookin for a rear barrel sight compatible with Savage 99T.
Thanks

Are you wanting an original T rear sight (not cheap) or just a period correct one... with elevator?

What year is your rifle?
Posted By: ostrick Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 02/26/24
Ideally original to the T. I know it will be costly but so far I have not found one for sale. I would like to at least put a period correct sight (with elevator)on asap. Rifle built in 1939.
I would also add the rifle is not in pristine condition or anywhere near. It does have a Lyman tang sight and has not been D/T for scope.
I may have located a period correct sight from a local Savage enthusiast. Will post results.
I'm looking for a Stith 3/4 rear ring!, thought I had all the parts, but missing the 3/4 rear ring. I can buy or trade a 7/8 ring, or maybe the tube dove tail part. Thanks John
Posted By: Newhouse Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 04/22/24
I'm in need of a hammer retractor spring for a 1895 bolt . I suspect an early 1899 might work.
Thank you , Tom
Posted By: ed7189 Re: Spare Parts Needed Thread - 04/22/24
Ostrick, did you find your T sight yet?
© 24hourcampfire