Home
Posted By: rainierrifleco 99 value - 03/04/14
Cabelas has a 99 in 300 for 399. It a pretty old one and in good shape for its age. But by no means perfict. It has a weaver post and cross hair sight I want but they won't part it. I'm not really a 99 guy so I never really pay any attention to their value. If I buy it what could I get for the rifle. Sorry I know pictures would be best but just don't have any..
All I want is a general idea...
Posted By: Calhoun Re: 99 value - 03/04/14
So much depends... but if the scope is worth $50 to you, pretty easy to sell almost any functioning 99 for $350 on gunbroker.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: 99 value - 03/04/14
Originally Posted by Calhoun
So much depends... but if the scope is worth $50 to you, pretty easy to sell almost any functioning 99 for $350 on gunbroker.

+1, except you have to take into account auction fees, shipping, and transfer fees added to the cost for a buyer.
Posted By: lovemy99 Re: 99 value - 03/05/14
And the tax that he will have to pay on the $400 which in WA is ~10%.

RRC, what model scope is it? I might have one that I could just sell you and you could just drive over and get it (Assuming you are not in SE Neb)
Posted By: 99FEVER Re: 99 value - 03/06/14
I have seen some horrific looking 99's sell for $350, and more. Some have terrible cracks in the stocks and still bring that much. The trick is, put it up on GB for no reserve, no minimum and you will get a feeding frenzy that should put you in a good position. Sounds like a safe bet as there are not many cheap 99's out there, in "pretty good shape". A fair shooter is worth that much and more. Good luck!
Posted By: rainierrifleco Re: 99 value - 03/07/14
Well this 99 is not cracked that I see and bluing isn't too bad. I would say tad better than most its age.. I am neither in Wa or Ne I am working in Utah.. Sales tax isn't an Issue as I have an FFL and tax number.
Posted By: rainierrifleco Re: 99 value - 03/07/14
Originally Posted by lovemy99
And the tax that he will have to pay on the $400 which in WA is ~10%.

RRC, what model scope is it? I might have one that I could just sell you and you could just drive over and get it (Assuming you are not in SE Neb)

I will be back in Washington probbly in July. That scope is a steel tube weaver with post and crosshairs I think like 4 x
I bought a sweet little German made hornet that I would like a vintage scope for.
Let me know what you have. I would drive up there and take a look if you have somthing tha might work.. Thanks..
© 24hourcampfire