Home
Wanted to Share, Picked This Up thew Other Day, Was Sitting At My FFL Dealer For a Couple Of Months.

99R Prewar In 30-30
Serial Number 3693xx
Really Well Cared For.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Beauty! Have you checked to see if the barrel is a takedown barrel?
That's a looker, nice Steve.
Yes Rory I Checked, and Sorry to Say it's Not! eek , It's Solid! grin

We talked About this Gun, Months Back
Ah yes. Love that peep sight on it.
Nice!

Can you share with us where you found that one Steve?

Wowee!

Thats a beauty.

Congrats.
Randy
Not all That Far From You
In Mass. Was Selling on Consignment at a Gun Shop
Orginal Owner Worked at the Factory, In The Family, The Boys are- Owners Sons were Selling, \
There Dad Built the rifle at The Factory . They Have A Few More Savage's That they are Going to Part With.

Steve
Are you going to take it hunting this year?
Wow!!! nice snag. They don't get much better.

Doc
That is a special example Steve. Since it was built as the guys personal rifle, I am thinking you will not find the two digit stamp that Murray talks about in his book..........
Sure is a beauty alright!

That peep sight looks pretty tall back there??
Originally Posted by Lightfoot
Sure is a beauty alright!

That peep sight looks pretty tall back there??

Yeah Mike
It Has a Redfield On It, I Took it Off and Just Grabbed this One, Have Find another.
And Also Put a Rear On It. Other Than a slight loss of Bluing From the Elavatr Were rear Was, All Blueing Looks Fantastic as Well as Case Colors, and Checkering Is Sharp.
That's a real find. Congrats!

One of only a few .30-30 R's made. Nice find and with a history. Hope you had them document it.
that's a unique one Steve, very nice! I don't get the part about it sitting at the dealer for a COUPLE MONTHS though??! I need to get some of that collector kung-fu that lets you track down unique 99's in Massachusetts while living in the midwest, what the heck?
It dont get mutch cooler than pre war R's esp when in 30 30. Need a high power in an R to go with it. GW
Steve what do you have for markings on the receiver??
Yours is in the middle of my two one is 348XXX one 393XXX
all built for the New York state police only 50 built,solid
frame barrels on mine!!
They built 50 rifles for the NY State Police the serial numbers range from 348xxx to 393xxx... were they spread across multiple orders over many years? I have not heard of anyone having a 30-30R in the 393xxx range that they believed was a legit factory built rifle... very interesting.
Very nice Stever!
Doug, interesting that your high one is 393,xxx - my EG in 30-30 with ISP (Illinois State Police probably) on it is 395,xxx. Wish we could letter these.
Where's the compass? .... Just sayin'. No smilies with the guy peeking over the couch?
Originally Posted by FUG1899
Steve what do you have for markings on the receiver??
Yours is in the middle of my two one is 348XXX one 393XXX
all built for the New York state police only 50 built,solid
frame barrels on mine!!

DOUG
Only Marking Is an Number 8, Looking at Receiver is on Lfet, and Also A Small 8 on Under Side Of Barrel Approx 1/2 Inch In Front Of Receiver, No other Markings.
Steve

[Linked Image]
Beautiful weapon.... Congratulations!
That's a find! Congrats! smile
Nice find!
Nice Steve, really really nice!

congrats.
dave
Steve
there you go buying that oddball stuff again. I can understand why that would have sat at your dealer for a couple of months.
who would want it ??

smile Plab
That's NICE! Really NICE! And a .30-30 to boot!
Isn't this one up for auction on Gunbroker? Saw it listed the yesterday.
Originally Posted by javman
Isn't this one up for auction on Gunbroker? Saw it listed the yesterday.

Nope.
Sorry, there A Prewar R in 300 Listed.
Not Mine.
This One Is Stayining Home
30-30, 303, 250-3000 and 300. 1 Of Each.
Stays.
© 24hourcampfire