Home
not sure if anyone will play but I bought a 99 EG 300 and want to see some hunting pics of those that use a 300 Savage
300 Savage is THE whitetail cartridge for me. Here's last years take. About 120 yards at last light. 150 grain Winchester Power Point dropped him in his tracks.

[Linked Image]
Here's a Michigan doe taken with a .300 99 R.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

300 EG. 300 yards in a howling crosswind.

I'd like to tell you it was me, but I blame it on the gun.
Originally Posted by 300jimmy
300 Savage is THE whitetail cartridge for me. Here's last years take. About 120 yards at last light. 150 grain Winchester Power Point dropped him in his tracks.

[Linked Image]

Jimmy:

Diggin those pants man.

Disappointed in the coat though. grin

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

While not a 99 still 300 Savage
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
My Dad took this bull with a Savage 99, in .300 Savage, 150 grains, fall 2014. http://s1106.photobucket.com/user/bobramsay/media/HPRondeckw-bull.jpg.html][Linked Image][/URL][/img]

Oh, as he tells the story, "it was running at 300 yards and all he could see was an eye and an ear". Seems that it gets further away each time he tells the story :-)
Calhoun that is one beautiful buck. Taken in Nebraska? I've seen some pictures of good ones out of Nebraska in the last couple of years. Looks like a s. Texas buck. Very grey, beautiful cape w/a great rack. Man those tines are long. powdr
See photo to the left. .300 99G, 150 grain Nosler Partition, 38.5 grains IMR4895. I use this load because the rifle shoots 1" groups with it and the group opens up with more powder. The barrel threads have been chased so that the rifle no longer takes down which increase the accuracy.
David
[

Jimmy:

Diggin those pants man.

Disappointed in the coat though. grin

[/quote]
[Linked Image]
Oh I can assure you I have the matching coat. That sweatshirt is just an underlayer. I had shed the wool coat for dressing out the buck.
150g Nosler Ballistic tip
[Linked Image]
99R
[Linked Image]

99G (Spike buck and boar)

[Linked Image]
great pictures , wanted to ask if anyone minded if I used some of the photos on my FB page dedicated to classic hunting rifles, just wanted to ask my page is https://www.facebook.com/classichuntingrifles
check it and let me know if its ok thanks
308EG for me, so no pics for you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSFnmM12LOQ
The video was awesome. Had a flash back to when I was 13 with my first deer. It's not just me.....
Savage 99G Takedown in 300 Savage

From my favorite Perch:

[Linked Image]

Dropped a Pig Thanksgiving Day

[Linked Image]

Waiting for him to show up this fall...

[Linked Image]

That video was great! Good for you Michael B. You are raising that girl the right way.
If somebody knows how I can post pics from this IPhone I'll throw up a couple from last fall when I carried my 49 EG in 300 down to Kodiak island. Shot a smallish 3x3 and a nice red fox. 150gr interlock on the buck and 180rn interlock for ole foxy, 4320 pushing them both.
See if there's a Photobucket app you can load on your phone, create an account there and upload pictures. Once in photobucket, you can share the pictures here.
[Linked Image]

Not sure if this will work but if it does it should be my ugly self with a buck on Kodiak.
[Linked Image]

Looks like that worked, here's your's truly again with a fox and an EG.

[Linked Image]

And while not a 99, or even a Savage, the lady that made the above pics possible with her buck. My darling bride bought me the EG for our first wedding anniversary. She shot her buck with a FN actioned 270 I built for her when she was still " The Girlfriend".
Originally Posted by TheKid
[Linked Image]

Looks like that worked, here's your's truly again with a fox and an EG.

You're looking like an old time Alaska sourdough even though you are a kid. Nice pictures.
Originally Posted by TheKid
[Linked Image]

And while not a 99, or even a Savage, the lady that made the above pics possible with her buck. My darling bride bought me the EG for our first wedding anniversary. She shot her buck with a FN actioned 270 I built for her when she was still " The Girlfriend".

If you have ANY brains at all, she'll STAY your wife. Hunting wives don't come along every day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All that and good looking too! You two will make beautiful Savage babies together.
© 24hourcampfire