Home
Posted By: Fireball2 OT Another bear hunt - 05/19/14
Just in from off the mountain. Buddy John's first bear and a real special hunt, photos and story to come when I get time... grin

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Posted By: saddlering Re: OT Another bear hunt - 05/19/14
Looks like a good bear , some darn pretty mountains there too! cant wait for the rest of the story!
Posted By: RAS Re: OT Another bear hunt - 05/20/14
Good stuff.

Heading to AK in 10 days to try put down a black and brown bear.

Cant wait...
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: OT Another bear hunt - 05/21/14
Jeff, enjoy your hunt. What will you be shooting? Please tell us it's a 99 in 358! grin Wish I was there with you bud. Here's a link to our hunt. As tough as it gets for this old dude. Not many hunts like this left in my worn out body!

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/8881457#Post8881457
Posted By: Rakkasan Re: OT Another bear hunt - 05/21/14
I think RAS should use one of those 1895's!
Posted By: RAS Re: OT Another bear hunt - 05/21/14
No, I am limited to a 50lb bag and ONE gun for the tiny plane that I will be on to get to the camp site. Since brown bear is in the mix, I am bringing my custom Garrett Acur-Lite rifle in 375 H&H. It is an easy MOA gun. Area 16 in AK.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: OT Another bear hunt - 05/21/14
I'm guessing that when one is face-to-face with Br'er Bear nothing one is holding in one's hands will seem too powerful. Good luck, Jeff. (Personally I would just use the .22 Hi Power. whistle )

FB- I'm always envious of your hunting pics- you are blessed with some world class scenery. (I can't imagine the effort required to get a downed animal out of that scenery though!)
Posted By: TR405 Re: OT Another bear hunt - 05/22/14
Nice thanks for sharing. Were you hunting in Oregon?
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: OT Another bear hunt - 05/22/14
Jeff, you'll do great. Take plenty of photos since some don't turn out. We'll be needing a report! wink Carry a predator call and have some fun with it!
© 24hourcampfire