Home
Ive got a Pre-war R in 300sav for sale. Its been redone and was done really well. Metal looks rust blued to me. The lettering was left sharp and the Lever was left alone, it still has some case color. The wood has a hard gloss finish over nice wood. It has a few dings under the finish but no cracks. Three point checkering and the wood to metal fit is still nice. Strong shiny bore.
The trigger was worked to a place that is very light. When I got it I was concerned about how light it is so I pulled the stock and wiggled, pushed, banged and even lightly pried but couldnt get it the sear to come off of it without pulling the trigger. Someone nailed it. I t has a original front sight and a lyman on the back. I have the original rear sight too, it has also been refinished.

I need 725.00 shipped.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

first ill take it here gets it.
Nice should sell quick!
contact SBrown, he was looking for one, this one is SUPER Gary!
Hard to beat 3 point checkering, good lookin rig
Pre-war R

Nice gun
That's a beautiful rifle Gary!
Is it pre war or just pre mil? thanks, Joe.
Note the double line around the end of the forearm. That's pre war.
Thanks guys I fixed that.
Love the Pre-War Rs, especially those with 3 point checkering.

I bet its a great shooter and dig the lyman tang sight. Good luck Gary!
Considering the value of the peep and that it comes with the orig. rear sight, it's a heck of a buy. Very nice.

Originally Posted by Calhoun
Considering the value of the peep and that it comes with the orig. rear sight, it's a heck of a buy. Very nice.

Then BUY it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin Loosen up your wallet and stop talking about it. smile smile
It's rare to see a reblue done in the old "black" blue of the 20's/30's is it not?

I'm biting Gary..I'll take it.

pm ya,
dave
Fade to black, as the crowd roars its approval!
Sold!
Originally Posted by Longbeardking
Originally Posted by Calhoun

Then BUY it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin Loosen up your wallet and stop talking about it. smile smile

I would have a year or so ago, but have a glut of prewar R's after running into several. Love them tho.
Gary makes a score! grin Good for both of you. The seller is happy to make the sale and the buyer must be happy because he bought it. grin
I have one in 300 and two in 250. By far my favorites to hunt with in the Savage99/1899. Great looks, great balance. May miss seeing some deer while on the stand as you are often distracted by the perfect whitetail guns looks. GW grin
© 24hourcampfire