Home
Posted By: oldgunsmith In Need !!!!!! - 08/21/14
Now that I have managed to get an 1899 in 38-55, I find myself short on brass. Seems N/A every where I have looked. Is there anyone here willing to part with a few ?? If so, PM me a price. Mine are starting to show signs of fatigue, date on head 1979 !!! They are getting tired. Would also be interested in getting a few cases for the 375 Win. just 3 or 4, I'm doing a little experiment. Thanks !!! John
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: In Need !!!!!! - 08/21/14
I was wondering if 30/30 could be reformed to 38-55???? Let me know your address and I'll send you some .375 brass for your little experiment, if you'll let us all in on it. grin
Posted By: oldgunsmith Re: In Need !!!!!! - 08/21/14
PM sent to FB about the 375's, but I am still in need of the 38-55 brass. Too bad I missed Saddlering's sale. Just saw it today. Here's hopin' !!!!
Posted By: yooper35 Re: In Need !!!!!! - 08/21/14
Let me check when I get home, but I think I've got a box of around 100 1x fired if that'll do. If you email me your mailing address I'll get them off to you tomorrow. Call it an early Christmas present. BTW, what variation is your 99? I've got an 1899-B 38-55 I've had for a long time. Nice gun.
yooper
Posted By: 99trix Re: In Need !!!!!! - 08/21/14
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I was wondering if 30/30 could be reformed to 38-55???? Let me know your address and I'll send you some .375 brass for your little experiment, if you'll let us all in on it. grin

Originally Posted by yooper35
Let me check when I get home, but I think I've got a box of around 100 1x fired if that'll do. If you email me your mailing address I'll get them off to you tomorrow. Call it an early Christmas present. BTW, what variation is your 99? I've got an 1899-B 38-55 I've had for a long time. Nice gun.
yooper

A couple of classy guys! Really nice to see.

Blair
Posted By: oldgunsmith Re: In Need !!!!!! - 08/22/14
Yes Blair, they really are. Have PM'd both. I feel like Barney Fife---- nice rifle, no bullet.
Posted By: 1899sav Re: In Need !!!!!! - 08/22/14
John
I Got Some Loaded Ya Can Have
P.M. Me addy Please and I'll send Off In the A.M.
STEVE
I've heard "ask and you shall receive" ----- I never dreamed it would happen this fast !!!!! Between these three nice people, I think I'm fixed. Really great for you guys to help me out.

a person no longer in need ..... John
Posted By: johnsavage Re: In Need !!!!!! - 08/22/14
Been away for a while...wife's health issues and such; rifles all in storage. I note some new players, but the same collegial giving bunch of guys that makes this IMO the best of the best. Kudos.
John
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: In Need !!!!!! - 08/22/14
I think I have some lead bullets for it that were slated to be melted down. I'll check for you, John.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: In Need !!!!!! - 08/22/14
Sorry, John. I looked and they are .405's, and paper patched. No .375's. (If anybody can use the .405's, let me know before they go into the lead pot.)
Posted By: 1899sav Re: In Need !!!!!! - 08/22/14
john
there on there way, look for them on monday or tuesday next week
steve
gnoahhh-- thanks for the offer, but I have a mold for it, just nothing to put the bullets in ( well, I didn't until yesterday !!!! ) appreciate it, buddy.

Steve, yooper and Fireball ---- MANY THANKS !!!!! will be beating a path back and forth to the mailbox !!! I'm not really in the wilderness..its only 15 miles to the nearest gas. :)):) Thank God the mailbox is only 9 miles down a dirt road !!!

John

Posted By: yooper35 Re: In Need !!!!!! - 08/22/14
Well, 70+/- brass should be reaching you on the 25th per the USPS. If you want to track it, the # is 9405903699300241151711. Enjoy and be safe.
yooper
Hell.....how can you beat a deal like that ??? grin
Posted By: cmhjohn Re: In Need !!!!!! - 08/22/14
Made my day (X2) just watching.........happy to be associated with all of ya!
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: In Need !!!!!! - 08/23/14
Sent you a few 375 brass this afternoon.
Posted By: oldgunsmith Re: In Need !!!!!! - 08/23/14
You never know when you are going to receive a blessing --- have noticed that whenever a person is in need, somebody always steps up to help them out. Sometimes more than one!!! Makes an old man feel good that folks haven't changed all that much with the times.... they just think they have. There really is a great group of guys on here !!! Some of them seem a little crusty, but they are soft in the middle :):):):) It has been a great couple of days !!
© 24hourcampfire