Home
Posted By: Calhoun Pic From Savage Fest 2014 ! - 09/14/14
Well... more will come tomorrow night or Monday.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: crowmagnum Re: Pic From SavageFest! - 09/14/14
Seems like mostly new faces since the first fests at Jed's.
Posted By: Skidrow Re: Pic From SavageFest! - 09/14/14
Names! Rory, we need an 8 by 10 color glossy photograph with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back with NAMES! wink grin Looks like a great group. Wish you all the best.
Posted By: Rakkasan Re: Pic From SavageFest! - 09/14/14
Then the judge came in with a seeing-eye dog...
Posted By: steve99 Re: Pic From SavageFest! - 09/14/14
Thanks for posting Calhoun, keepum coming! Best wishes for a great SavageFest!
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Pic From SavageFest! - 09/14/14
If you left a 36" belt hung over a chair, you'd not have to worry about it disappearing.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Pic From SavageFest! - 09/14/14
Originally Posted by Rakkasan
Then the judge came in with a seeing-eye dog...

Clearly another case of blind justice.

Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Pic From SavageFest! - 09/14/14
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Well... more will come tomorrow night or Monday.

[Linked Image]

A well armed motley crew!! smile
Posted By: 1899sav Re: Pic From SavageFest! - 09/14/14
RICK
THANK-YOU FOR HOSTING, and All the New FACE's THAT Came.
GREAT TIME AGAIN FOR ME.
STEVE
Posted By: Chappy410 Re: Pic From SavageFest! - 09/14/14
Originally Posted by Skidrow
Names! Rory, we need an 8 by 10 color glossy photograph with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back with NAMES! wink grin Looks like a great group. Wish you all the best.

I agree with George. It would be nice put some names with the faces.
Thanks you for considering this suggestion Rory and have a safe trip home.
Posted By: Plab Re: Pic From SavageFest! - 09/14/14
If it ever makes it east ...
looks like a great time
Plab
Posted By: BradD Re: Pic From SavageFest! - 09/14/14
Thank you Southern WI Rick for hosting. Thanks Rick99 who met me right at the door to say hello and everyone was top notch thereafter.

Good to meet a lot of forum regulars. Saw a bunch of nice Savages on display all over the room, learned Phil99 was within hollering distance of my house once, got a crash course in the Savage pump .22 and its kin, crash course in Savage pistols, talked some Savage cartridge boxes, ate some good food, talked some more sights and saw a SAVAGE stamped front sight, spent a solid hour going through the King tang sight and learning about its intricacies, almost drooled on WY David's fancy 25-35 a few times and recommend seeing his display in person to everyone. Talked to some more good people and started looking forward to the next Fest as I went out the door.

Thanks again everyone who made this happen.

Brad
Posted By: savage24 Re: Pic From SavageFest! - 09/14/14
Originally Posted by Steelhead
If you left a 36" belt hung over a chair, you'd not have to worry about it disappearing.

I bet Rick our host and GeneB could get plenty of use out of it.

Thanks again Rick. I had a great time. We are south of Des Moines and should get home by 9pm.
Posted By: cmhjohn Re: Pic From SavageFest! - 09/15/14
Just arrived back in Columbus from the 2014Fest. Many thanks to Rick for hosting. Good fun and food. Always good to see the old friends and very enjoyable meeting the new ones. Really enjoyed the enthusiasm displayed by many of the new faces.
Posted By: Phil99 Re: Pic From SavageFest! - 09/15/14
Just got home. What a great even Rick put on. The food was outstanding (and didn't contribute to me needing that smaller belt). Outstanding door prizes (including a lovely handcrafted wooden ammo box made by Gnoahh). Lot and lots of great guns, as Rory's pictures will no doubt show. I'll have a few pictures posted tomorrow too, mostly of the people who attended.

Rod
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: Pic From SavageFest! - 09/15/14
Thanks Rick, we really enjoyed the Fest. David
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Pic From SavageFest! - 09/15/14

Yessir! In agreement here.
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Pic From SavageFest! - 09/15/14
I can barely remember my own name right now!

I'm on the bottom right. Red hat.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Skidrow Re: Pic From SavageFest! - 09/15/14
I'm on the bottom right. Red hat.

I know that! I can also spot most of the folks that I've met before but which faces match the names of the first time Fest attendees? Inquiring minds want to know.?

Glad to hear that it was an epic event. Wish I could have been there but sometimes life sucks. Glad to see that it was well attended and especially glad to see that there was a lot of new blood. A Savage Fest is a great learning experience and damn near the most fun you can have with your pants on. Glad to hear that it went well and that all had a great time.
Posted By: olgrouser Re: Pic From SavageFest! - 09/15/14
"A Savage Fest is a great learning experience and damn near the most fun you can have with your pants on."

George, you do have a way with language! smile shocked smile
Should be pretty close, but need a little help.
Front L to R.
Rick99, Southern WI Savage, Docost, Dan/brother of Docost, Lightfoot, cmhjohn, 1899SAV, Shortgrub, Calhoun, Back L to R, ??, GeneB, Savageupnorth, Savage24, WYO1895, ??, Karl, Phil99, BradD, Grogel Deluxe, Bigolddave.

Pic was taken after lunch on Saturday. All together there were 40+ attendees.
Posted By: Shortgrub Re: Pic From SavageFest! - 09/15/14
I have to say that the short time I was there I had a ball. It was nice to meet some of the people that I have spoke to over the few years that I have skulked on the forum. Learning experience it was. I found a few things needed and a lot of toys that I would love to have. Great displays. My thanks to all that made this happen. And thanks for the info on the rifles I brought. Can't get that 32/40 off my mind Steve. Gonna work on it.
Posted By: carbon12 Re: Pic From SavageFest! - 09/15/14
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Nice of you to comment on the honesty of the Savage folks. Even though that trait (of the Savage folks) is known by all already. wink
Posted By: Phil99 Re: Pic From SavageFest! - 09/15/14
Say what you will about our girth, Steelhead, it should be noted that we spent the whole weekend in a gym.

Rod
Posted By: Skidrow Re: Pic From SavageFest! - 09/16/14
Say what you will about our girth, Steelhead, it should be noted that we spent the whole weekend in a gym.

LMFAO! grin grin grin
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Pic From SavageFest! - 09/16/14
Don't worry, I'd not be taking the 36" belt either.

Looks like more folks there than previous fests?
I think we had 14 forum regulars with tables, visiting members & guests and a few walk-ins. Total in the 40-50 range.
Including states;
Wisconsin, Illinois, Minnesota, Ohio, Kentucky, Nebraska, Kansas, Hawaii, California, North Carolina, Missouri, Michigan, Wyoming.
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: Pic From SavageFest! - 09/17/14
I'm in the back row, 5th from the left, in a blue shirt and camouflage jacket. David
Posted By: Grogel_Deluxe Re: Pic From SavageFest! - 09/17/14
I did not have a chance to meet the fella behind Rick99 so I still need a name.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: tal35 Re: Pic From SavageFest! - 10/01/14
Looks like it was a great time had by all!
Posted By: 99C308 Re: Pic From SavageFest! - 09/06/15
Where and when do you guys hold this? I live in Wisconsin. I have a 99, as does my father, and girlfriend.
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: Pic From SavageFest! - 09/06/15
Usually hosted by a member in a different local each year, Joe.
Posted By: Skidrow Re: Pic From SavageFest! - 09/07/15
Usually hosted by a member in a different local each year

Not quite. Every other year. Next one should be in '16 if someone decides to sponsor it. '09, '12 and '14 where held in Wisconsin.
Posted By: 1899sav Re: Pic From SavageFest! - 10/26/15
Usually hosted by a member in a different local each year

Not quite. Every other year. Next one should be in '16 if someone decides to sponsor it. '09, '12 and '14 where held in Wisconsin.

PROBABLY WISCONSIN AGAIN IF I LIVE THAT LONG
Posted By: Rick99 Re: Pic From SavageFest! - 10/27/15
Stay well, Steve'r. smile I think I could make the trip again... it's only an 11 hours drive.
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: Pic From SavageFest! - 10/27/15
Where ever it is I'll be there with copies of my book. David
Posted By: gunut Re: Pic From SavageFest! - 01/13/16
well....anything happening with a Wisconsin Savagefest for 2016....
Posted By: Rick99 Re: Pic From SavageFest! - 01/13/16
Nothing in the works at this time.
© 24hourcampfire