Home
Hello All,
I'm in the process of making a claim for my damaged 99R in 358.

I need proof of cost (two different invoice/quotes) for a correct replacement. I looked on fleabay and found nothing that applies.

Any help with your purchases of replacement stocks would be appreciated...please no boyds or gunstock inc suggestions, I'm hoping for CORRECT replacement of Savage 99R butt stock.

Thank You,
Jeff
Replacement cost of original, 95% 99R stock from the late 50's?

Plus the cost of a very good stock guy to fit the stock properly? Cuz stocks often don't just swap..
Originally Posted by Calhoun
Replacement cost of original, 95% 99R stock from the late 50's?

Plus the cost of a very good stock guy to fit the stock properly? Cuz stocks often don't just swap..

Yes, that's exactly what I need.
It seems to me your best estimates would be from contacting a couple gunsmiths/stockmakers and getting actual quotes on doing the work. Assuming you're planning on having it done by a pro, there would be nothing unethical about getting two estimates. Just my opinion and worth every cent you paid. wink
yooper
I'll give a WAG of $200-250 for just a stock, fitted.

Might as well apply the insurance settlement to an entire rifle though...
Gun is ruined.

$1500

wink
Buy a .300 R, swap and fit wood. Repair original stock fit to .300 and sell.

Tell the guy you want your money back. Let him deal with it.

Sorry you have to deal with this problem. Looks like a big head ach.
$300 to $400 for stock and fitting with patience and time being extra and hard to quantify.
[quote=300jimmy]$300 to $400 for stock and fitting with patience and time being extra and hard to quantify. [/q

my guy straight wood 125.

fancy wood over 200.00
ceckering 75.00 per panel,,fit and finish 150
+ shipping

norm

© 24hourcampfire