Home
I know..."post mil whatever"....but it's MY post mil whatever!!! grin Got a used Weaver Classic K4 in the classifieds a while back, add some Leupold mounts and dialed "Miss Sally" in with some 180gr Power Points over 42gr of 4895 and...I think it'll work for a whitetail.
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Had her for a couple of years now, still haven't put a deer on her...didn't bother taking any target pics, but she'll do about 1 1/2" and 100, plenty good enough for a hunting rifle.
Give 'em hell Harry!...er Tim...
My late series A saddle gun in .250 SVG is a tack driver. You'll get your deer with that one.
Nuthin' wrong with the great unwashed masses.
Cowboy...

What caliber is your rifle?
Git r done!!!

Expect pics this season.... wink
nice!

dave
Oh yeah! Always good to see people are using a 99, pre-mil or post mill.

Good luck this season.
Nothing wrong with that! Think about the unwashed masses when you're dragging that ol' buck out of the woods.

Steve
Huh. Don't you know that nothing short of a short magnum in a plastic stocked bolt gun with a Hubble telescope on top will kill a modern Kevlar-hided deer anymore?

When you stop and think about it, it's no small wonder that Savage lever guns have enjoyed an inordinate amount of popularity over thw last 100+ years. They have been designed for and chambered in perfect deer cartridges, and deer ar the most hunted animals in the U.S. of A. Viva la 99, in all its forms!

This one, of cowboytim's, will surely be the center of a lot of deer hunting stories.
[Linked Image]
I love shooting my 99(it's a .308 Ron), I've carried it hunting before, but it has always come up on the wrong end of a timeshare with my CZ-550(.270 FX3 6x42)...seems like if I've got the CZ I see more deer. THIS year I'm gonna put a deer on that 99 or not get one at all. It's the only non donor action rifle I own that I've never taken any game with(a buddy of mine borrowed it for an afternoon a couple years ago and shot 2 does in about 15 minutes time) and that needs to change. wink
© 24hourcampfire