Home
EG 303. Damage to the toe, otherwise... wink

http://www.gunsamerica.com/984598844/Savage-99-303-Savage.htm
Butt plate does not look right. 303 and 30-30 are less common.
Seems I've seen a few 30/30's, had one which one of the other guys here has now, but just never seen the 303. I didn't know how to categorize it in my brain; uncommon, odd, rare, sasquatch. smile
Uncommon, not rare.
Thanks Rod, I appreciate it.
Originally Posted by Phil99
Uncommon, not rare.

Was going to say exactly the same thing. Rod beat me to it.
The seller is honest enough to say the butt plate is not original. Not a terrible price considering it's a .303.
There around ,i have a couple in 303,and 30-30.
I'd say the 30-30 is rare, 303 less so. Even harder to find checkered versions.
Originally Posted by Loggah
There around ,i have a couple in 303,and 30-30.

Not around here, their all at your house. grin GW

The old "sasquatch 303"............it's cut but it ain't much.
Jimmy, if my memory serves me correctly, I bought a EG 303 Savage with a 24" barrel from you. They are out there. Still looking for a 30-30 EG with a 24" barrel.

Steve
I know where there is a 30-30 EG with 24" barrel..........but the guy that has it ain't gonna sell. Was his grand dad's and he shot his first buck with it as a kid. Too much sentimental value to let it go.
Pre War or post War?

Reason I ask is we see some crazy or different configurations right after the war.

Almost like they were just putting whatever they had together to meet demand after the war.
Jimmy, I remember you telling me about that 99.

Steve
[Linked Image]

My 1934 303 Svg in EG. Great hog beater in 170 gr.
Gotta check for Chicopee Falls barrels on those early EG's also. If they were sent back to the factory for a new barrel, pretty sure they were 24".
Originally Posted by 99guy
Pre War or post War?

Reason I ask is we see some crazy or different configurations right after the war.

Almost like they were just putting whatever they had together to meet demand after the war.

1939 EG 30-30 24" barrel
© 24hourcampfire