Home
Posted By: 7x57Hunter Odd ramp front sight on 99 - 11/21/14
You guys ever see anything like this? Looks like a ramp front fitted over an integral base. On a 1926 99G.

Thanks. Jon

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Rick99 Re: Odd ramp front sight on 99 - 11/21/14
New to me. Have you removed it to see what is underneath? Looks like one screw from top? Two screws from right side and a pin?
Posted By: mad_dog Re: Odd ramp front sight on 99 - 11/21/14
Almost looks military.
Posted By: powdr Re: Odd ramp front sight on 99 - 11/21/14
Yeah, I've got an old 300G that someone put an after market barrel on and the sights are on sleeves that just slipped on the barrel and I guess soldered. powdr
Posted By: TheKid Re: Odd ramp front sight on 99 - 11/22/14
Looks like a King Gunsight company reflector ramp. There should be a tiny mirror in the recess behind the bead that sits at an angle to reflect light onto the bead. They made a bunch of neat stuff back in the 30's and 40's.
Thanks guys. I did not buy this rifle yet, what do you think the value should be with this modification?
Posted By: 99guy Re: Odd ramp front sight on 99 - 11/22/14
Looks like they had to raise the front sight to make it shoot.

That sucker is high.
If it is a King (it does look a lot like one), most of them were marked with the "King" name stamped on 'em.

dave
..not exactly your sight, but an interesting post about the King reflector ramp sights.

http://smith-wessonforum.com/s-w-ha...flector-sights-please-my-pics-added.html

dave
Posted By: GeneB Re: Odd ramp front sight on 99 - 11/22/14
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Similar from Pacific without reflector, also shows method of determining the correct height for a front sight.
[Linked Image]
A tiny little mirror! That's innovation right there. Anybody know how well they work?
Grrreat! Have one on a old S&W 44Special.

Mike
Thanks for all the information guys! I think I am going to pull the trigger on this one.
© 24hourcampfire