Home
Posted By: birddog65 Shout out for Fireball2 - 11/24/14
Just wanted to know that Fireball2 stepped up and helped me out----BIG TIME!!!!
I asked about a shortened or beater stock to put on my son's 99dl in 243 for his first deer hunt(12 years old).
Fireball2 PMd me with a picture of 2 stocks that he hand made, and asked if either one would work. I said sure, send whatever you like.(he did not mention or ask about payment--just wanted to help me out) He sent me a very beautiful butt stock, ready to cut as needed for my son. Let me tell you that the fit to the action is as good as a factory gun. It looks like almost a perfect match to the forearm!!! I will try to post some pictures. This is a fine example of the great people that you will find on this campfire and Fireball2 has proved he is one of the best. Thanks again to Fireball2 and 24hourcampfire, from one very happy birddog65/Mark.
Awesome Fireball2. I was a tad younger than 12 when I got my first rifle, but I still cherish it as my favorite of all. That boy will recall this memory for the rest of his life, and you as well. Well done!
Posted By: saddlering Re: Shout out for Fireball2 - 11/24/14
What the savage Form is all about! Good Job Roy!
Posted By: Shortgrub Re: Shout out for Fireball2 - 11/24/14
That's the spirit!! A grand thing you have done.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Shout out for Fireball2 - 11/24/14
Need to clarify that these stocks were one's that I scrounged, not made, but I am very glad to have been able to return one of the MANY favors forum members have done for me. Too many to count! I'd love to see the young man murdering small helpless animals with the rifle now. smile
Posted By: Ron_T Re: Shout out for Fireball2 - 11/24/14
GOOD on ya, Fireball2... !~!~! smile
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Shout out for Fireball2 - 11/24/14
'Tis the season! Good for you, Roy! I bet that kid is pleased as Punch.

I helped out a little guy on Saturday who needed a sling for his Mauser. I also gifted him a Case folding knife when I learned he had no knife also. Now he's ready for his first opening day this coming Saturday. Those little guys are the future of our sport. It behooves us all to help them out whenever we can, IMO.
Posted By: Chappy410 Re: Shout out for Fireball2 - 11/24/14
GREAT JOB Roy. I will never forget the gentleman who gave me a Winchester Model 37 shotgun so I could go on my first pheasant hunt. After hunting season was over, I took it back to him and he said, "just keep it. It's yours." I am sure this young lad will remember your for the rest of his life also.
Posted By: Plab Re: Shout out for Fireball2 - 11/25/14
here's to you FB xoxoxox LOL

I hope the lad drops a trophy

plab
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Shout out for Fireball2 - 11/25/14
Originally Posted by Plab
here's to you FB xoxoxox LOL

I hope the lad drops a trophy

plab

If you need parts, this is the place. Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug. smile
© 24hourcampfire