Home
Posted By: tbjohn nice buck in Maine - 11/26/14
Thought you all would like to see this, I think you can click on the link to the Bangor Daily News. Nice buck and gun.

Terry

http://outthere.bangordailynews.com...ags-massive-274-pound-buck-near-jackman/
Posted By: ROMAC Re: nice buck in Maine - 11/26/14
Great story. I'm lucky enough to have shot one that weighed just over 200 lbs. dressed a few years ago. It was ike a moose compared to anything else I've ever shot.

Tough to get in the back of a pickup without help.
Posted By: Jericho Re: nice buck in Maine - 11/26/14
Shot a buck in PA that was probably 180 field dressed. Wow, 274 pounds that is one huge deer!
Posted By: Calhoun Re: nice buck in Maine - 11/26/14
EG's get the work done! What a pig of a deer.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Skidrow Re: nice buck in Maine - 11/26/14
That's just friken huge!
Posted By: 99guy Re: nice buck in Maine - 11/26/14
Wow

Just...Wow
Posted By: TR405 Re: nice buck in Maine - 11/26/14
Very Nice!!!!!
Posted By: 300savagehunter Re: nice buck in Maine - 11/26/14
I wouldn't want to drag that out of the woods on bare ground. I'd need a bed mounted winch to get in the truck!

Mike
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: nice buck in Maine - 11/26/14
I didn't get to go up to the farm in WV this year because of my wife's surgery. There were 4 guys in my cousins trailer. Three of the four got deer, and the fourth had a 4 pointer sneak up on him, and didn't get a shot. The four deer were a 3 pointer that weigh 74 pounds, an 8 pointer at 95 and a 6 pointer at 105. Add those up, 274 pounds! That's a whopper of a deer, Joe.
Posted By: tbjohn Re: nice buck in Maine - 11/26/14
We are getting tracking snow right now. Heading Down East Maine looking to track. I would like to see the track of this one in the snow.
Posted By: benchman Re: nice buck in Maine - 11/27/14
210 is my biggest. Sure glad it was not more. Helluva drag! Beautiful animal!!!
Posted By: battue Re: nice buck in Maine - 11/30/14
They don't make them like that around here.
Posted By: gunswizard Re: nice buck in Maine - 11/30/14
I harvested a Maine monster in 1974, hunting the Lake Umcolcus area. The buck carried a massive 11 point palmated rack and field dressed 254#. I killed the buck 17 miles off the paved road and was able to get my 4 wheel drive within 3 miles. It took 1 1/2 days to get him out of the woods with two of us manning a deer cart. My most memorable hunt in 53 years of deer hunting.
Posted By: Plab Re: nice buck in Maine - 11/30/14
we do get some bruzer's here every year I've heard of at least a half dozen this year that were up in the 250 range..
for me this guy is my best (so far) he dressed out 207 and it's a young deer. I got him on a corn field at 380yds

[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire