Home
Any known sources for .303 savage ammo? Thanks in advance for suggestions.
The last I bought was from Graf&Sons. I believe the are out of stock at the moment, but keep an eye on them. It's probably about time for another seasonal run.

https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/category/categoryId/224?

Or, if your wallet's deep enough..
http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/Br...eywords=Savage&Cat=1012&Items=50
We have a guy here at the gun shows that loads 303 called Texas Wheeler,but I do not know if he ships out or just at the gun shows. Call 817-228-7661 or [email protected] good luck!
If your not already reloading this may be a good time to start,especialy if you have brass.Even if you do find some factory ammo now it don't mean you can find it in a year.It's just gonna get harder,and harder to find..
Wisconsin Cartridge has some.
Originally Posted by DeereJohn
If your not already reloading this may be a good time to start,especialy if you have brass.Even if you do find some factory ammo now it don't mean you can find it in a year.It's just gonna get harder,and harder to find..

+1

Reloading is a fun hobby unto itself... and it can $ave you a lotta money if you do much shooting. But if you're only looking to have some ammo for deer hunting, it probably isn't worth the cost of the reloading equipment you'll need to buy.

On the other hand, you can reload "superior" ammo that your rifle "likes" and would be more accurate if using your reloads. That, too, is important.

Jus' my 2�... smile

Ron T.
Hornady had some in Jan. (150 gr. rnsp) and expect to have another run soon. I bought 6 boxes for $33.40 CDN. If nothing else you get a supply of brass.
I HAVE PLENTY IF YOU NEED SOME

STEVE
I have bought .303 from 1899Sav before. He does it right and is a pleasure to deal with.
John
Originally Posted by 1899sav
I HAVE PLENTY IF YOU NEED SOME

STEVE

..do yourself a favor and buy from Steve, 1899sav.

I have several times..he's great to deal with.

dave
As a Savage nut and a collectible-ammo dealer, I have a fairly large supply on hand.
Darrel, click on the flashing envelope up top. I sent you a private message (PM).
In case you don't find any, I just checked Graf's and now it's in stock-
http://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/product/productId/12638
Originally Posted by Jiggdog
Hornady had some in Jan. (150 gr. rnsp) and expect to have another run soon. I bought 6 boxes for $33.40 CDN. If nothing else you get a supply of brass.

Did you get them directly from Hornady? Or through a dealer?

I don't see anything on their site about 303 Savage...

Thanks - Chad
Chad, I bought 6 boxes from Canada Ammo through the internet. It's Hornaday ammo in Hornaday boxes. I just checked and it is listed as out of stock, as it has been for some time.The last time hornaday made a batch, I didn't see it on their site, and no,they don't list it as a regular cal. that they manufacture.
There's an outfit called Tactical Ammunition based in St. Helens Oregon that sometimes has it also. They are a pretty regular vendor at the WAC (Washington Arms Collectors) shows in Puyallup, WA. I noticed they had some there about 2 or 3 months ago and thought that that was the first time I've seen it anywhere. It is listed on their web page, though out of stock right now. And I have no idea on quality of their product.
shootersupplyusa lists some PRVI 303 brass for about $55 for 100. Never purchased from them before. Got some PRVI and Jamison some years ago when it was cheaper. Before that I got 30-40 Krag resized to 303 from buffaloarms. The resized Krag had issues after several times of resizing. I would only use as a last resort.
Buffalo arms also has PRVI and Jamison 303, they are a little more expensive but I have purchased from them before and they are a good company to deal with.
© 24hourcampfire