Home
Posted By: SmokeEater2 A Savage Christmas? - 12/25/14
Anyone receive or treat themselves to anything Savage related?

I finally found a .303 that I've wanted for a long time thanks to my wife's detective work.

It should be here in a few days so I'll be happily loading up all the brass I have squirreled away today.

Anyone else?
Posted By: Lucky_Savage Re: A Savage Christmas? - 12/25/14
Loading up the 68 gr .243 Sierra hollow points that I double squoze down to .228 for my Hi-Power. Brand new 5.6x52r Norma brass. Merry Christmas!
Posted By: shrapnel Re: A Savage Christmas? - 12/25/14

This isn't exactly what you were looking for, but a great story, just the same. This is a story out of Charles Russell's "Trails Plowed Under" a book he wrote and illustrated. People just don't write like that anymore...

"If it wasn't for the stream of fire runnin' from Beaver's weapon, we'd be in plumb darkness"

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: CowboyTim Re: A Savage Christmas? - 12/26/14
Just that 187j I bought a couple weeks or so ago...it was an early Christmas present for myself...
[Linked Image]
Posted By: boltman Re: A Savage Christmas? - 12/26/14
Great story Shrapnel! Loved it and wanted more.
Posted By: Phil99 Re: A Savage Christmas? - 12/26/14
One of my hunting buddies gave me one of the cool Savage coffee cups that our pal Gary designed.
[Linked Image]
It's not the 99 K that I had asked for, but it's nice.

Rod
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: A Savage Christmas? - 12/26/14
That story by Charlie Russel had me real worried when his bunkie stated shooting a grizzly with a Henry. That .44 rimfire cartridge it shot was really puny. I'm sure Charlie saved the day with his Sharps.
Posted By: saddlering Re: A Savage Christmas? - 12/26/14
Id say the sharps saved them! also! Id like to read that book one day! I guess this would count as a Christmas gift to myself bought 2 boxs of speer 22HP bullets from Tal35 on here!
Posted By: olgrouser Re: A Savage Christmas? - 12/26/14
A generous member of this forum gave me a quantity of unfired 250-3000 brass for Christmas and would not allow me to compensate him. So I'll be loading up and fire-forming 50 cases real soon.

Again my thanks to our "Secret Santa." smile

Posted By: Fireball2 Re: A Savage Christmas? - 12/27/14
Savage 110 22-250 detailed in the other thread.
© 24hourcampfire