Home
Posted By: gnoahhh OT on a sadder note... - 12/28/14
Just got in from spending Christmas with family in Western Maryland. I abandon the Internet when I do that. My 85 year old Mom came down with a nasty cold on Tuesday which had me nursing her for a couple days, and pretty much nixed Christmas for her and I. We thought she was on the mend but today took a turn for the worse and after sitting in Urgent Care for four hours waiting to see a doctor, they took one look at her and admitted her into the hospital- with a severe case of pneumonia. It is touch-and-go at the moment. I ran home to get some stuff tonight, and am heading back up in the morning.

I'm not one to ask for prayers, but at this point I'll take any help I can get. Geez, I feel lost...
Posted By: ring3 Re: OT on a sadder note... - 12/28/14
Prayers sent Gary. I hope she overcomes the illness rapidly.
Posted By: johno Re: OT on a sadder note... - 12/28/14
Gary,
Having been down this road my thoughts are with you and your family.

Prayers from down under mate

Johno
Posted By: diamondjim Re: OT on a sadder note... - 12/28/14
Done sir.
Posted By: billy336 Re: OT on a sadder note... - 12/28/14
Prayers sent sir
Posted By: 99guy Re: OT on a sadder note... - 12/28/14
Incoming
Posted By: oldgunsmith Re: OT on a sadder note... - 12/28/14
Hate to hear your mom is so ill. Will pray for you both. It is good you are able to be there with her.

John and family
Posted By: boilerpig1 Re: OT on a sadder note... - 12/28/14
Done from here.

BP...
Posted By: Phil99 Re: OT on a sadder note... - 12/28/14
Sending prayers your way Gary.

Rod
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: OT on a sadder note... - 12/28/14
Prayers from my family.
Posted By: dell Re: OT on a sadder note... - 12/28/14
Our prayers are with you also Gary.
Posted By: Sbrown Re: OT on a sadder note... - 12/28/14
My prayers are with you and your Mom!

Steve
Posted By: Skidrow Re: OT on a sadder note... - 12/28/14
Prayers and best wishes on the way Gary.
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: OT on a sadder note... - 12/28/14
I'm heading out the door in a few minutes, to my men's group at church, a whole bunch of prayers on the way, Joe.
Posted By: saddlering Re: OT on a sadder note... - 12/28/14
Prayers sent Gary, my wife been real sick, and still is, but got her on meds now! take care friend!
Posted By: Polecat Re: OT on a sadder note... - 12/28/14
Hope she gets better soon, prayers sent.

Lee
Posted By: Loggah Re: OT on a sadder note... - 12/28/14
Gary, Hope your mother gets well soon !!
Posted By: Angus1895 Re: OT on a sadder note... - 12/28/14
Prayers sent from Tendoy.
Posted By: WapitiMac Re: OT on a sadder note... - 12/28/14
they certainly help...peace and comfort to your mom.
Posted By: Chappy410 Re: OT on a sadder note... - 12/28/14
Prayers on the way from Michigan to both you and your Mother. Hope she gets well quickly.
Posted By: SmokeEater2 Re: OT on a sadder note... - 12/28/14
Sorry to hear your mom is sick. Hope everything turns around and she feels better soon.
Posted By: KiloCharlie Re: OT on a sadder note... - 12/28/14
Best wishes to your Mom.
Posted By: 1899sav Re: OT on a sadder note... - 12/28/14
GARY
PRAYERS SENT,
STEVE
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: OT on a sadder note... - 12/28/14
Thanks, guys. You have no idea what your thoughts and prayers mean to me.

My sister called and said not to go to the hospital. The place is jam-packed with flu victims and is a huge incubator of illness. I got my flu shot a while back, but it's not a guarantee. (Mom had her flu shot too, and look where it got her.) Evidently that town (Hagerstown) is experiencing an epidemic of classic proportions. She laid in a cubicle in the ER for 11 hours before a bed opened up for her. Everybody in the hospital is wearing face masks- they make everyone put one on when they walk in the door. Sis said, in regards to my coming for the "vigil", that a doctor told her to keep me away that with my new hip I'm particularly prone to infections of any sort (including pneumonia) effecting it. I'm thinking perhaps I'll go anyway.
Posted By: Hoosier_Dad Re: OT on a sadder note... - 12/28/14
More on the way. Best Wishes, and sorry you must face that dilemma on visiting.

God Bless.
Posted By: steve99 Re: OT on a sadder note... - 12/28/14
Prayers sent.
Posted By: johnsavage Re: OT on a sadder note... - 12/28/14
Gary, prayers sent from east Tennessee. If you go out, wear glasses and a mask. Carry alcohol based antiseptic for your hands and use it frequently. Virgorous hand washing is recommended as well. Flu virus usually comes from nasal oral secretions that impact eyes or nose or mouth directly, or from your hands when you rub your eyes, nose or mouth. Be careful!
John
Posted By: yooper35 Re: OT on a sadder note... - 12/28/14
Prayers on the way for your mom and family.
yooper
Posted By: Rick99 Re: OT on a sadder note... - 12/28/14
You might "feel lost" but you sure are not alone.
Prayers from here, Gary. Take care.

Mike
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Thanks, guys. You have no idea what your thoughts and prayers mean to me.

My sister called and said not to go to the hospital. The place is jam-packed with flu victims and is a huge incubator of illness. I got my flu shot a while back, but it's not a guarantee. (Mom had her flu shot too, and look where it got her.) Evidently that town (Hagerstown) is experiencing an epidemic of classic proportions. She laid in a cubicle in the ER for 11 hours before a bed opened up for her. Everybody in the hospital is wearing face masks- they make everyone put one on when they walk in the door. Sis said, in regards to my coming for the "vigil", that a doctor told her to keep me away that with my new hip I'm particularly prone to infections of any sort (including pneumonia) effecting it. I'm thinking perhaps I'll go anyway.

Gary,

Darn....You may have to bring her to Montgomery County...plenty of hospital beds here. I think Hagerstown only has one hospital.

Doc

Posted By: BradD Re: OT on a sadder note... - 12/29/14
Best wishes and prayers to you and your family. I hope your mother is well soon.
Posted By: Ron_T Re: OT on a sadder note... - 12/29/14
I'm not one to ask for prayers, but at this point I'll take any help I can get. Geez, I feel lost...

Gnoahhh, my friend...

I don't "bother" Him for "little things", but only when it's really important, so I reminded Him that your Mom and you both need His help... and I feel confident it will be forthcoming very soon. smile

Strength & Honor...

Ron T.
Posted By: norm99 Re: OT on a sadder note... - 12/29/14
prayers sent Gary, please keep us posted

norm
In our thoughts. "One day at a time"....
Posted By: Shortgrub Re: OT on a sadder note... - 12/29/14
Prayers sent and a candle lit.
Posted By: Rustyzipper Re: OT on a sadder note... - 12/30/14
You have them.
Posted By: Dale K Re: OT on a sadder note... - 12/30/14
Praying it all works out well.

That infection/joint replacement is a very real concern. But I'd probably go anyway, just take lots of precautions.

Dale
Gary, "feeling lost" is just the start of finding something wonderful, and can be an answer to prayer. When we come to the end of ourselves and we cant "fix it", we have to turn to others and a Higher power for help. It's not all bad..

Hang in there, prayers going up for you and your Mom. Hope she heals up and you and yours can relax again.

Dave
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: OT on a sadder note... - 12/31/14
Update: All of your kindness must have worked (as well as some pretty good doctors). She seems to have turned the corner and is breathing/resting easier.
Posted By: Angus1895 Re: OT on a sadder note... - 12/31/14
Happy New Year! Hang in there buddy!
Update: All of your kindness must have worked (as well as some pretty good doctors). She seems to have turned the corner and is breathing/resting easier.

That great news! Glad to hear it Gary.

dave
Posted By: JeffG Re: OT on a sadder note... - 01/01/15

Good way to ring in the new Year Gary. Blessings on the Journey!
Posted By: Skidrow Re: OT on a sadder note... - 01/01/15
Great news! Keep us posted.
Posted By: norm99 Re: OT on a sadder note... - 01/01/15

thanks for the update Gary , PTL that she's doing better.

norm

Nan and I just got in from New Year's in Fla. I just saw this and read it hoping to find improving news. Hope everything continues to get better.
Posted By: Hotload Re: OT on a sadder note... - 01/03/15
Glad to hear the good news.
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: OT on a sadder note... - 01/04/15
Mom moved into a rehab/nursing home yesterday. Hope to get her home in a couple of weeks. When I start to b*tch about the emotional wringer I've been through, I stop and remind myself that her experience in all this was far worse.

When I told her the other day about this forum and how you guys were pulling for her, she cracked the first smile I had seen on her face since she got sick. Thanks, fellas!
Posted By: Calhoun Re: OT on a sadder note... - 01/05/15
Thrilled to hear she's doing better. Hope she's home soon!
Posted By: boltman Re: OT on a sadder note... - 01/05/15
Gary - I am very pleased to read this news as well. Please tell your mother that she has a lot of guys pulling for her smile
Posted By: johno Re: OT on a sadder note... - 01/05/15
Great news mate, very happy for you and your family

Johno
Posted By: kiwi Re: OT on a sadder note... - 01/05/15
That's A New Year Joy
Cheers
© 24hourcampfire