Home
All of these boxes DO have the rifles or shotguns inside. Some are guns in their boxes, some are NIB, and SOME of the boxes have never been even opened. They are all from one collection and the owner would rather remain anonymous. This will require more than one post,

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Longbeardking
SOME of the boxes have never been even opened.

I shudder to think of the ugly surprise that could possibly await.

Mike
I think you brothers like to show off...I think I might be jealous.
Trust me Jeff. I'm not anyone's brother...........
[Linked Image]
How many are there total?
Originally Posted by tal35

About 250 give or take.
Originally Posted by tal35

About 250 give or take.

How about 22 ammo, you have all of that too? laugh
All of these boxes DO have the rifles or shotguns inside. Some are guns in their boxes, some are NIB, and SOME of the boxes have never been even opened. They are all from one collection and the owner would rather remain anonymous. This will require more than one post,

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

STEPEN
THANK-You for SHARING the PHOTO's

Just the few shown is quite a fortune there,
I DON"T CARE WHAT ANY-BODY SAYS, IT ADDS VALUE TO ANY COLLECTION and Make the GUN WORTH THAT MUCH MORE.

It Is always nice to see the the Box, Contents and History that makes it all come together.

AGAIN THANK-You for SHARING the PHOTO's

So that's where they have all been hiding!
Very nice collection!!!!!!
Yup, very Cool stuff, I asked the Owner one time if, the guns were still mint shape, alot of them have never been opened, he said who knows might all be rusted, but I doute it!
Consecutive numbered PE's in 243 and 284.
Consecutive numbered 99-A's in .375.
Nice... smile
Holy smokes.
makes my meager few seem futile just [b]WOW WOW [/b sick= envy.

for the owner to have that much forsight and coin cool
That is some kind of collection! NICE!
A guy who loves, "character" rifles... would not be impressed wink
Originally Posted by boltman
A guy who loves, "character" rifles... would not be impressed wink

..but we "characters" who love Savages ARE impressed! laugh
My first thought of this was that it was really cool, such fine guns still in box. My second thought was that it was odd that anybody would hoard these guns, just to have them and never look at them, to the point that it may even cause them to be ruined from neglect. Am I the only one that thinks this is a bit "off"? If those were mine they would be hanging on the wall, not potentially rusting in their boxes hidden from all. And not to diminish my prior points, who hides from public view with such a post? Anonymous???? More aspects of this that are just odd. To each his own I guess.
Too funny.
We have two codgers...I mean old-timers, in our area. Both are second generation gun shop owners.

One has 40' of back room racks, floor to ceiling of sealed gun boxes..LOTS of them are faded and yellow, (no 99's). Anyone who asks about the prices get's the same answer ("probably more than you can afford"). Guess this just weeds out the chaff. If he knows you, and you go in looking for a specific gun, he'll tell you if he has it, and what his price is. prices are such that his boxes continue to collect dust,... but there is buried treasure there for sure!

The other guy has about 12 guns in his racks, but get to asking about ammo and he might take you out back to a 20x60' green house with boarded up glass, filled chest-high with cases. My last check on 303 190g white box was $45/box 400/case...and yes he does have 22 ammo, but he's not selling it.

I think true-blood hoarders don't care what other people value their stuff at. It just matters that it's "mine"
Its up to the person that owns the rifles I guess to each his own , just as some of us shoot 99 "K"s ect. Me Id not realy want them, as Id open them and shoot them, as for what they would bring, I buy a used engraved rifle, or one with fancy wood, but thats just Me! The owner is a Hell of a nice guy too!
I have studiously avoided such things as guns in their sealed factory boxes because I too couldn't resist the urge to pop them out. I did succumb to a truly mint circa-1940 Colt Official Police revolver still in its box once, because the price was cheap. The box only had a sliver of the original seal intact so I said "what the heck" and exposed it. Not so much as a turn mark on the cylinder, naturally. Boy did that thing shoot nicely.
I am with you guys, and appreciate the land that we live in and the right to do whatever the hell we want with our own "stuff". I just find it odd to hoard a thing of beauty, and not even look at it.
Originally Posted by 1899guy
I am with you guys, and appreciate the land that we live in and the right to do whatever the hell we want with our own "stuff". I just find it odd to hoard a thing of beauty, and not even look at it.

"Hoarding". Made popular by the TV show. "Collecting" is a whole nother animal. As someone already pointed out. People collect ammunition in sealed boxes. People also collect other things as well. People collect wine, perfume, jewelry, and a myriad of other things. The ammunition collectors never shoot, the wine collectors never drink,perfume collectors never wear it, and jewelry collectors never wear their finest pieces. So why is it that if an arms collector comes across a 100 year old or a 50 year old gun in a factory sealed box and decides to leave it as found hard to understand. When you get to that level, you no longer have to seek these items out. People seek YOU out. It is truly amazing to listen to the stories of how these serious collectors got to where they are. You won't see them posting here for an estimate of worth, or what do I have.........

[sarcasm]
Yes, I'm sure the guy who owns these has no rifles that are not sealed in a box and so never gets to enjoy the beauty of a Savage 99.
[/sarcasm off]
(sarcasm on) As my grandfather used to say, that guy must have more money than brains. (sarcasm off) One does not need to hoard old guns in unopened boxes to be a bit off. Collecting old bottles of wine is just as odd, but thats just me. That said, the collector of an old bottle of wine can at least show it to people, and not wonder what is inside the box.
At one time i had over 30 antique crawler tractors, did that make me a hoarder or a collector????? confused i think they could be one and the same. grin most people who collect stuff and appreciate other peoples collections ,look at it as a collection!!!! the people who generally want to collect the same thing,and are envious of people who have their hard earned collections already look at us as "HOARDERS" !!!!!! crazy crazy laugh laugh
That would make you a collector. Now, if you purchased each tractor in a giant wood crate, and never opened it to confirm what was inside, that would make you odd, at least compared to sane folks. . . but I am guessing that you actually looked at your tractors, once or twice.
That said, the collector of an old bottle of wine can at least show it to people, and not wonder what is inside the box.

How do you know what's inside an old bottle of wine without opening it? Might be wine, might be vinegar.. might be KoolAid.

Some people worry far too much about what other people do.
Originally Posted by Calhoun
That said, the collector of an old bottle of wine can at least show it to people, and not wonder what is inside the box.

How do you know what's inside an old bottle of wine without opening it? Might be wine, might be vinegar.. might be KoolAid.

Some people worry far too much about what other people do.

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/counterfeit-wine-a-vintage-crime/

He says he has spent $4.5 million on 421 bottles of wine that turned out to be counterfeit. "So it's a pretty big swindle."

What we're talking about here is a world where a bilked billionaire says he's spent nearly twice as much on fake wine as the average college graduate will make in a lifetime.

He show Teichner a "nice old bottle," a 1737 Lafite. Its label reads "1737 Chateau Lafite Rothschild." "You know, the Rothschilds didn't own Lafite in 1737," Koch said.

There's still wine in the bottle, too -- what could it be? "Moose piss?" Koch suggested.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/katiebell/2014/06/02/vintage-fraud-how-to-spot-a-counterfeit-wine/

Wine counterfeiting has enjoyed a fair bit of news coverage of late�especially the scandal centered on Rudy Kurniawan�described by some as the Bernie Madoff of the wine world. Kurniawan was convicted of fraud last year for selling more than 1.3 million dollars-worth of fake wines. He is currently facing upwards of 40 years in prison�where I hear the wine selections aren�t so great.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...men-using-dupe-wealthy-connoisseurs.html

Wealthy wine connoisseurs are being duped into buying fake bottles of vintage French wine, it has been revealed.

The huge fraud not only sheds light on an increasingly sophisticated counterfeit trade, but highlights how little some self-styled 'experts' really know about wine.

One billionaire businessman unknowingly spent more than �3million on between 500 and 600 bottles of counterfeit Bordeaux wine.
I like the "Moose Piss" comment.

If anybody feels like trying to pass a forgery of a sealed Savage box past the owner of the boxes in the OP, can I please be invited to watch?
NOTHING INTENDED TO SOME OF THE COMMENTS SOME POSTED.

BUT I THINK IT's OFF TOPIC

It WAS REALLY NICE of L.B.K. to Post and Share with the Permission of the Owner. And that the Fact You Can see HISTORY
from DECADES or Different Years Of Boxes Etc WITH GUNS in them Weather Open or Not Open.

I For One Appreciate the The Photo's, and The Can even phantom the Time it took to Search, Seek and Obtain into a Collection.

So perhaps we can forget the Moose PIZZ, Hording or what ever, and take and appreciate the Effort Of L.B.K andd the History
Just My 2 Cents.
Originally Posted by 1899sav
NOTHING INTENDED TO SOME OF THE COMMENTS SOME POSTED.

BUT I THINK IT's OFF TOPIC

It WAS REALLY NICE of L.B.K. to Post and Share with the Permission of the Owner. And that the Fact You Can see HISTORY
from DECADES or Different Years Of Boxes Etc WITH GUNS in them Weather Open or Not Open.

I For One Appreciate the The Photo's, and The Can even phantom the Time it took to Search, Seek and Obtain into a Collection.

So perhaps we can forget the Moose PIZZ, Hording or what ever, and take and appreciate the Effort Of L.B.K andd the History
Just My 2 Cents.

LBK did NOTHING but post the pictures that a friend asked. There was no effort on my part to do anything but drool over a couple collections that are a little more than a stone's throw from here. One thing I , for one, always think about. Those of us fortunate to have met at the several fests got to look at and share with others our collections. Throughout the world we make up a VERY small percentage of people that collect Savages. Do you ever wonder, we know what WE have, what we DO NOT know, is how many are out there that never come forward with their collections ....... For the rifles we can account for,,,,,,,,,,,,,how many MORE are unaccounted for?
The Forum with all the members that have come and gone, Gun Broker, etc. with all the guns sold in the last 10 years still only accounts for a small part of the total of Savage lever rifles. It keeps the interest alive knowing that there are still rifles and new info to find. The resent 22" 1895 short rifles, that lettered, come the mind and asks the question "...what will we find next and who will find it?"
MrGuy1899.

You are new to this site, and already you have been the one to insult many posts that have been put on here. Your comments about the guns that longbeardking posted saying the owner was some kind of a nut or had more money than brains. You made this observation without taking time to know the person or the extent of his or her collection. I happen to know the person who ownes this collection in passing.

I have also glanced at the guns this person ownes and I can assure you that for every gun that is boxed there is one or more on display and in many cases several on display in this person's gun room.

where you own 20 99's I believe this collection exceeds several hundred 99's and 1899's as well as many other collectable antique and modern firearms. So your insults are uninvited and unwanted. Maybe you should be the one to take a class in etiquette.

As to the gun you took off facebook, I have held that gun many times and find it very insulting that you would question this gun and the man that ownes it without ever personally inspecting this authentic firearm. Especially since your only using pictures taken off the internet to come to your incorrect conclusions.
Since when is it such an insult to question the perfect finish on such an old gun? I see such comments here all the time. I do not know who owns the gun, and it does not matter. It was a fair question. And in regard to the guy hoarding/collecting all the boxed guns, more power to him/her. I said as much. I also think its a bit odd, in my book to have so many guns still in the box, but to each his own. That said, I can give as much as I get. My comment was NOT a personal insult. It was a fair observation, and a fair question, in regard to gun finish. I was not the only one who felt that way btw. These are not our children guys. Questioning a finish is something any potential buyer would do.
You are evidentially not a potential buyer, I am. In my 60 odd years of collecting I have accessed most of my purchases by personally inspecting the guns. I had no books to go by in the early days of collecting. No Murray's, no savage catalogs, only knowledgeable old friends to help guide us young collectors along. I find your condemning this weapon before ever talking to or asking questions of the owner is an insult to him and to his integrity. I have purchased several guns from this man and consider him to be a very honorable and very dear friend, so I take your insult to him as an insult to myself and all the other people who have done business with him.
Well actually, I was a potential buyer. I am 3 hours from this gun and like I said, I WAS. I don't know you but I think the righteous indignation is a bit much here. Like I said, I was not the only one who felt the finish looked a bit too perfect for such an old gun with such worn bluing. If you want to be insulted on somebodies behalf for such a comment, knock yourself out. Based on your strong comments I presume that the gun is what you say, but from looking at a photo, it was a fair question. I would ask the same thing of an old car with perfect paint and a worn steering wheel. Lets relax a bit, shall we? And as long as you are policing behavior on this site, please look to some of your regulars. This is not the nicest place to post a question.
And as long as you are policing behavior on this site, please look to some of your regulars. This is not the nicest place to post a question.

As to this thread you are absolutely correct. Thus STFU. If you want to buy a rifle to shoot continue to be a bottom feeder. Do not question this man's integrity or the whys or wear fores of his collection. It's quite likely that he has at least one rifle in his collection that is well worth much more than your entire accumulation and his knowledge of these rifles is second to none. This is first and foremost a collector's forum. All other discussions are secondary. If you have nothing to add, and since you only seem to be concerned with opening boxes and shooting rifles it's fairly apparent that you don't, kindly drop out of the conversation.
Geezzzz....looking at the photos....pants tent city here...
Sorry Steve, but this one is my personal favourite

[Linked Image]

A brand spanking new K
Almost Blair, the other side of the butt stock has a small spot where I drooled on it! didnt mean too so I wiped it off and turned it over! grin
It never ceases to amaze me just how rude people can be when brandishing a keyboard. So skidmark, STFU yourself. Given I don't normally speak to people this way, I had to google the term, that you seem so familiar with. This is America after all, and it is interesting that you wish to silence simple comments and questions, when they differ from yours or offend the thin skins of you and your select few peers. Is interacting with your fellow man that difficult when they disagree with you?
And as long as you are policing behavior on this site, please look to some of your regulars. This is not the nicest place to post a question.

I resemble that remark.
Originally Posted by 99trix
Sorry Steve, but this one is my personal favourite

[Linked Image]

A brand spanking new K

WOW that is Some of the Nicest FIGURE in that K, That i have Seen.
What a Prize, and History with the Box and Tags.
Tnx For Sharing Blair.
APPRECIATED. By the Way What Caliber?
300 sav
© 24hourcampfire