Home
Wasn't me, but I tried. Beautiful Lyman Alaskan and a set of 7/8" Stiths.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=464597267

The rear mount obscured the word "Alaskan" so it appears that the seller didn't know what he had.

Rod
Amen to that, lately nice condition Alaskans are bringing $100-$150 more than that let alone with a minty Stith mount. That was a deal that doesn't come along frequently these days.
Was a good deal.Wish I had seen it.
I wonder what a mint 2.5 Leupold Alaskan with Leupold 7/8" rings are bringing?

Steve
Very good deal! I had a table, at Novi show, it wasnt the Antique Arms show tho! guy come up at the end of the day with a very nice Lyman Alaskan Post with a set of weaver nounts and rings for a Savage 99, on it he saw I had a few 99s for sale, asked if I wanted to buy it for 250, I was there to sell not buy, he came back a bit later and asked me to buy it again, I offered 100 bucks, he took it I realy couldnt belive it! still have them rings & mount.
Hey John--the Antique Arms Show at Novi is this coming weekend. I'll be going down on Saturday I hope.

Rod
I haven't seen 2.5x Leupold Alaskans show up for sale lately, the 4x & 6x seem to go for $400-$600.00 depending how determined the bidders are. I have bought two sets of rings in the last few weeks, I paid $45.00 for one set and $75.00 for the other set. Low rings seem to bring more money than medium, don't know about super low.
I miss that show, just to far to drive now! good luck and let me know how it went!
© 24hourcampfire