Home
June issue

[img:left][Linked Image][/img]
Two of my favorites on the list. Love my .257 Bob almost as much as my 1948 stithed EG. The .257 Bob is also a Savage.
So the .30 TC matches .30-06 velocities but is noticeably smaller than the .308. Hell, that sounds like the .300 Savage, which can't run the the same race as the 06. For that matter, neither can the .308. What am I missing? Is the .30 TC a fatter case?? Sounds a bit like some kind of voodoo magic. Please educate.
When Hornady introduced their offering for the .30TC, they boasted the faster velocity and attributed it to their new proprietary powder (which I believe they now refer to as their Superformance powder).

Today on Hornady's website (http://www.hornady.com/store/30-TC-150-gr-SST-superformance/) they list identical velocities for the .30TC and .308 in their Superformance line with the 150gr SST bullet.
The TC 30 essentially just has a longer neck with the same case capacity:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

it looks like a 300 Savage to me by another name.
Still trying to find a 110 donor action so I can build that .280 Rem I've been wanting.
I have a loose Savage 110 pre-A/T action that I'd be happy to sell to you if you lived in the U.S.
I have a loose Savage 110 pre-A/T action that I'd be happy to sell to you if you lived in the U.S.

And therein lies the bind. That invisible line that makes life so difficult for us and keeps us apart. No lost love over that line given how hard it makes it for us to share our love of fine firearms. mad
Originally Posted by Skidrow

And therein lies the bind. That invisible line that makes life so difficult for us and keeps us apart. No lost love over that line given how hard it makes it for us to share our love of fine firearms. mad

Another nail hit squarely on the head................ wink smile
I'd be all for incorporating Canada into the United States, except for the problem of Quebec, no bilingualism!
Canada should annex North Dakota. Lol!
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
I'd be all for incorporating Canada into the United States, except for the problem of Quebec, no bilingualism!

Thanks but no thanks!!!
Originally Posted by olgrouser
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

Thanks but no thanks!!!

Exactly.
The .30TC looks like a .300 Savage with a shoulder angle similar to the .308. Wow, talk about splitting hairs!
Where does the 308 marlin express fit into this deal?
The Marlin Express .308 is another variation of the same basic theme:

[Linked Image]

To my way of thinking the 300 Savage should have been on that list, but I'm bias of course. wink
Well I guess we shouldn't even bring the .307 Winchester into this conversation. There really isn't any need for wildcatin' much of anything anymore!
© 24hourcampfire