Home
Posted By: wyo1895 lightfoot mount on 1899F - 05/10/15
Took a break from book revisioning and put my new lightfoot mount and old Weaver K4 on my 303 SRC. Crosshairs look a little cockeyed. Scopes probably no good.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
looks sweet to me David!

dave
p.s. sent ya an email with lots of 22SAV high power loading data.
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: lightfoot mount on 1899F - 05/10/15
Thanks, I got the email but can't download the idealhandbook. I'll copy it by hand when I get the chance, but the rifle magazine info loaded OK.
It was a good day to stay inside and book revise and put scope mounts on SRC's. It's snowing like gangbusters out there now. David
Posted By: Calhoun Re: lightfoot mount on 1899F - 05/10/15
I like it! Need a bit of leather tied around that ring though, awful lot of blue left on that gun.
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: lightfoot mount on 1899F - 05/10/15
Yeah, it'll keep that sucker from rattling when I'm sneaking up a big ole bull wapiti.
Posted By: Skidrow Re: lightfoot mount on 1899F - 05/11/15
Needs a set of leather scope caps too but those are pretty hard to find these days. grin
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: lightfoot mount on 1899F - 05/11/15
Wait a minute, did you say "snowing"?? Temps are climbing into the 80s here already.
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: lightfoot mount on 1899F - 05/11/15
Yes, snowing. It snows here every now and then as late as Memorial day weekend and accumulates a few inches. I've seen it snow as late as 15 June but no accumulation. It snows often on the mountains in August (elevation 11,000 to 13,000 feet). The snow we got on the mountains last August never did all melt off before the Fall snows set in. Temperature fluctuations of 30 degrees are common and sometimes we even get 40 degree fluctuations.
I figured out why the crosshairs look funny on the Weaver K4. They aren't centered. I've gotten spoiled to the constantly centered crosshairs on newer scopes. I'll get the Stith mount on the 99E 22 HP next week and take them both out and zero them in, hopefully they'll zero. The 22 keyholes S&B ammo, but I've got a lot of Norma and bullets coming so I can reload.
You can download "PrintDeskTop" and print what's on the screen without hand copying it.
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: lightfoot mount on 1899F - 05/11/15
Thanks Model70man
© 24hourcampfire