Home
Posted By: nitrosonic 99F NRA excellent - 05/11/15
http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/9875738/1

On Classifieds

Rich
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: 99F NRA excellent - 05/12/15
I can't believe you still have that rifle. I was born in 56 and would love to have that one. But, I just bought another rifle and I'm as broke as I've ever been, Joe.
Posted By: nitrosonic Re: 99F NRA excellent - 05/15/15
Joe, I Started collecting Savage 99 Rifles over 60 years ago and have owned many,but this Rifle is one of the few I've owned which is nearly unused!
It has spent most of it's entire life in a sock in a closet prior to my finding it.

If no one sees fit to snag it, perhaps I will have it long enough for you to recover.

Rich
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: 99F NRA excellent - 05/18/15
Hey Rich, I wrote you a reply yesterday, but I must not have hit send, because it's not here today. So thanks again, and if my wallet fattens up I may give you a ring. I'm retiring this year, just not exactly sure what day. I need 1400 hours to get credit for this year and accrue all of my vacation time for next year. If I didn't take any vacations my 1400 hours will be completed the second week of September. But I took one week in March, so that has me at the third week of September. UPS is a union shop so we have to bid our vacations in November for the next year. I just switched operations, so my vacations are not on the list in my new operation. If they don't figure it out, I'm not telling. My last day could be the Sunday before Labor Day and they would owe me for five weeks vacation this year and 6 weeks for next year. I just have to wait and see how things go, Joe.
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: 99F NRA excellent - 05/18/15
<sigh> I already have 5 different .300's...hmmm...
Posted By: 1899sav Re: 99F NRA excellent - 05/18/15
THAT IS A NICE RIG.
Not Many in condition often found.
Posted By: flareman Re: 99F NRA excellent - 05/20/15
PM Sent On Classifieds
Posted By: Bushmaster1313 Re: 99F NRA excellent - 05/20/15
Very nice.
I hope the OP sells for a good price.
But please explain why someone would buy this gun.
Posted By: 99guy Re: 99F NRA excellent - 05/20/15
OK:

Since this is not on the classified forum and on the collector forum, I'll be the one to break the ice.

Very nice gun.

You are asking stupid money for it though, that is why it has been for sale for so long...

Just sayin.
Posted By: Leverlover a - 05/20/15
a
I think the guy wants too much money for the gun and I think post war R's are heavy.

If that makes me a dick then I am a dick...

Send me your address and I'll send you a box of tissues... cry
Originally Posted by Leverlover
I don't really care for this bull on this site and am fixin to leave it for good because of this.

Oh:

And by the way, I'm begging you, please don't leave.

Your 11 posts in the past 4 years have contributed a tremendous amount of insight and knowledge to the group.

Just wash the sand out of your vagina, you'll feel better tomorrow.

Posted By: Longbeardking Re: 99F NRA excellent - 05/21/15
Hey 99 guy, you really are quite annoying. Just saying. You bitch about R's being heavy, about someone's price, on and on, how bout shut the - up and let folks do as folks do. No skin off your ass. I don't really care for this bull on this site and am fixin to leave it for good because of this. I'll learn the trade elsewhere and spend the money I earn....where I want. That F is coming to Wisconsin. Period to end. Just saying..which is another annoying excuse for being a dick!

Don't hold back. Tell us how you REALLY feel. I am certain you aren't alone in your feelings.................. If you bought the gun, great purchase. When a gun has that condition and you buy it, it is money well spent.
Posted By: 99guy Re: 99F NRA excellent - 05/21/15
If Leverlover is happy with the gun and what he paid for it, why should he care what WTF I think? When I buy a gun I couldn't even give a rats azz what somebody else thinks it's worth and I certainly wouldn't call him a dick if he thought I paid too much for it.

If everybody got pizzed and left the forum the first time somebody disagreed with their opinion, this forum wouldn't exist.

Posted By: Skidrow Re: 99F NRA excellent - 05/22/15
The problem he has, and others of us have the same problem, is that you're way too happy to piss in someone's cornflakes. Most of us have pretty thick skin. He may be a little more sensitive. I understand where he's coming from. If you don't have something to add then don't say anything. If you do that's great. While this is just the internet pissing in folks cornflakes doesn't add anything to the company.
Posted By: Leverlover Re: 99F NRA excellent - 05/22/15
I feel compelled to make a statement. First, I came to this site some years ago because of a love for savage due to my dad. He bought "ONE" in 1946, and it remains the worst condition Savage I own. And the only one not for sale! It is because of that gun I came here. When I came, I had questions as I was not an avid savage collector. It didn't take long to realize there were folks here who forgot more than I would probably ever know. SO when I have questions or pertinent comments I like to come here and "bounce" it off the wall, so to speak. Since my first visit, I have purchased "alot" of savage 99's and sold none. My knowledge base has expanded exponentially. Recently I saw some one posting questions because they are where I was just a few years ago. They bought a couple R's, one a couple EG's and love them and want info. Where better to go than to school.
Constructive feedback is given and most is positive but some is negative, condescending and rude. I don't like rude people and have always come to the defense of people being wronged.
I feel it is important for you all to know that we are the teachers. Many not as qualified as others, but nevertheless the teachers. All you have to do is look at our society to realize that one day this will all be gone because young guys don't have places to hunt, fish, shoot, etc as many of us have or had. Its not because they don't love it, the opportunity won't exist for them. I work with 50 guys between 20-35 and about 5% hunt. 40 years ago that number would have been 95%. So when I see an opportunity to pass on a possibility for a fellar to have what I have, I take it. When I see selfish, rude behavior, I call it out. I won't ever meet 99guy, but I can assure you, if I did I would have this conversation with him and defend what I so love and try to build it up, not tear it down. No offense 99Guy, but please be aware of who, how and when you can and do affect someone, it matters. We are the path to the future for these guys. What will all your Savages be worth if you tear them down, low ball prices and create desention to a point no one hunts? They'll be worth ZIP, nothin', notta. But worse, they will be lost to history and guys won't even care.

As for the 99F that is for sale, I have not bought it....YET, but I intend to. I might just give nitro a big tip, just to piss people off!!! Ya never know about this pollock. In the mean time, take no offense I will tap your brains, ask a few questions, lose a little money and come back for more. But till I die, I will try to be a "GOOD" steward of the Savage 99's I love and I "WILL" stick with the winners on this site. Thanks
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: 99F NRA excellent - 05/22/15
Good luck with all that LL. Around here boyscouts usually get their head ripped off and neck sheit down. YMMV depending on how outspoken you care to be regarding lofty values.
Posted By: TomA Re: 99F NRA excellent - 05/22/15
Lots of good folks here and most all are user friendly. Sometimes feathers get ruffled and responses are sometimes terse. We all have bad days and don't respond as some posters expect.

Hang around awhile and you will get to know some of the computer personalities and realize some of us just need another cup of coffee before we respond. Take nothing personal and welcome to the fire. Tom.
Posted By: Calhoun Re: 99F NRA excellent - 05/22/15
In real life, a person has a tremendous amount of control over who they hang out with, who they converse with, and who they even have to listen to.

On the online world of forums, that doesn't apply. Every body and their mother can jump into any conversation whether they are an expert, whether they have actual knowledge of the subject, or even if they just want to try to "liven" things up by being a jerk. Often it's very easy to get caught up in what every person says in regards to what is your business. I'm guilty of that.

A thicker skin is needed online. Odds are that no matter what you do, you won't change the behavior of somebody else for the better. And sometimes your expectations of "good behavior" aren't the norm online. Ignoring responses is perfectly fine. Worst case a guy can put other users on Ignore and not even see their posts.

Personally I hate to see anybody leave here, no matter how much they contribute to the discussions or not.
Hey Randy I think I need a hug and a box of tissues. PM inbound.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: 99F NRA excellent - 05/22/15
Originally Posted by 99guy
I think the guy wants too much money for the gun and I think post war R's are heavy.

Good to see you stupid SOB's eating your own. Sweet Jesus there are a bunch of stupid MOFOs that 'collect' Savages.
Posted By: 99guy Re: 99F NRA excellent - 05/22/15
Well this certainly has become a kinder gentler group than when I got here 6 years ago.

Had my ass handed too me many times over those years. I didn't cry and quit. Chose to stick around and learn. And learn a lot I did.

When somebody brought a POS here, they were told it was a POS.

When somebody wanted stupid money for a gun, they were told in no uncertain terms it was stupid money.

I could buy that 300 F everyday of the week for $700. They are as common as ticks on a coon hounds back and there are a lot of guys here that know exactly what I am talking about.

Not the same as it used to be. Even the old guys are afraid of stepping on somebodies toes and hurting the new generation of cry baby's feelings.

You guys want to make this a kiss azz feel good forum, I won't get in the way.

Posted By: Leverlover Re: 99F NRA excellent - 05/22/15
OOOooooooooo my, you really are a "real" man. Thanks for pointing out the obvious about your personality. I doubt you have much to bring to the conversation intellectually, but I suppose the regulars already know that as well. See, I learned something. Thanks, 99boy
OOOooooooooo my, you really are a "real" man. Thanks for pointing out the obvious about your personality. I doubt you have much to bring to the conversation intellectually, but I suppose the regulars already know that as well. See, I learned something. Thanks, 99boy

Well, How can a man with as little intelligence, experience and education as I have argue with logic like that?

I defer.
Randy, still waiting on that tissue...
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Randy, still waiting on that tissue...

Not the same as when you and I came up Roy when people spoke their minds and you had to have thick skin to stick around.

Now we all just kiss each others azzes...
Posted By: Calhoun Re: 99F NRA excellent - 05/22/15
Now you know why I almost never get into discussing values of guns on this forum.

I'd rather spend my time and energy arguing over when 1899's became 99's or whether RT's are R's or T's than argue over the value of a specific rifle.
Posted By: Skidrow Re: 99F NRA excellent - 05/23/15
You know Rory, if I was a pussy I'd put Steely and 99guy on ignore. I'm not so I won't but it sometimes pains me to see their posts to others. Some folks have class and some folks don't. Don't know if it's upbringing or genetic. Whatever it is it's pathetic. I know that from time to time I can be abrasive but I always try to be constructive. Sometimes I fail. Live goes on. Then there are those that glory in being confrontational and abusive. We know who you are and so do you.
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: 99F NRA excellent - 05/23/15
Hey Roy, I seem to remember you taking some heat when you first came around for wanting to stuff Weird Boolitz into 99's, or something like that. If you check my registration date, I was accused of making an April "Fools" day joke. I just wanted to make a 38-55 switch barrel out of my 1926 303 F. Oh Well, life goes on. If you can't laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at. Like the time my son and I did a 10 day wilderness hike in New Mexico. Getting supplies I told him to grab a box of Baby Wipes, thinking it would be nice to keep the exit hole from getting a little crusty. He said we had some at home and he would bring them. Turned out what we had at home were CLOROX kitchen towels. Talk about a wake up call, and a life changing experience. Butt, we survived that too, Joe.
Posted By: oldotter Re: 99F NRA excellent - 05/23/15
Still wishin I had the capitol to liberate this here shootin iron.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: 99F NRA excellent - 05/23/15
Originally Posted by JoeMartin
Hey Roy, I seem to remember you taking some heat when you first came around for wanting to stuff Weird Boolitz into 99's, or something like that.

Gosh Joe, I'm sure I don't have any idea what you're talking about. wink grin Never taken any heat here before for any ideas I've had. This one was a big hit.

[Linked Image]

This one too.

[Linked Image]

That's what I appreciate about this forum, everyone is so kind and caring for one another. wink It's very special.

All sarcasm aside, the Savage forum here is the kindest place I've seen at the campfire, so no complaints from me!!!!

But, just in case someone needs one-

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 1899sav Re: 99F NRA excellent - 05/23/15
Originally Posted by Fireball2

[Linked Image]

This one too.

[Linked Image]

] [/quote]

ROY I always Liked Those 2, one was a 22-250 and the other was a 243? or ? Especially the top one, has a cool factory look to it.
They Make a Nice all-weather rifles brought back to life from the dead.
Posted By: 99guy Re: 99F NRA excellent - 05/23/15
I don't think I was out of line pointing out that a gun that has been for sale for over a year was priced to high. This is a collectors forum, not Savage 99 kindergarden.

All that being said, in hindsight I could have chosen my words more carefully.

So somebodies feelings got hurt and then they chose to attack me and everybody piles on. Whatever... I'm a big boy.

Sure do miss the old days when a spade was a spade.

Posted By: 99guy Re: 99F NRA excellent - 05/23/15
And just for the record, you can go back through the thread and see where LL deleted his post where he attacked me, called me a dick, etc., etc.

Pussy
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: 99F NRA excellent - 05/23/15
Yep Roy, I liked those two too. I started to mention them but I wasn't sure how to spell ceracote, I'm still not sure how to spell it, too tired to look it up, Joe.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: 99F NRA excellent - 05/23/15
Originally Posted by 99guy

I just realized I'm a dick too. Oh well, I'm the last one to figure it out.
Posted By: Skidrow Re: 99F NRA excellent - 05/24/15
I just realized I'm a dick too. Oh well, I'm the last one to figure it out.

'Tis better to be a dick than a pussy. Just MOOMV. wink grin
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: 99F NRA excellent - 05/24/15
Those two sure are the epitome of all-weather rifles, Roy. They would be no good to me though because I'm no longer all-weather myself. grin The kind of weather they would shine in would induce me to sit by the fire with a tumbler of whiskey and a good book! I'll stick with blued steel and walnut, for that reason.
Posted By: Skidrow Re: 99F NRA excellent - 05/25/15
+100
© 24hourcampfire