Home
Posted By: Dave_O 99EG new in the box - 04/22/02
My friend in a neighboring town just called and said he has a 99EG 300 SAV. made in 1952 new in the box, but the box is ratty. Said the rifel is unfired... Wants $750. I have four 300's, one is minty, the others are shooters... What should I do? I have to go 75 miles tonight to pick it up, so don't delay in your advice ..He He Dave O
<br>Too late. I paid the price. it has condition condition condition. I will take it apart in a few minutes, but not certain how you tell if it is unfired or not? There is some slight wear on the lever arch? Like it has been open and closed a few hundred times!! The box is original, but nothing pretty. Here I am for the second edit... What is the story on the casehardened rotor on this gun... no brass rotor... serial # 65237x 24 inch barrel
Posted By: Three_Creeks Re: 99EG new in the box - 04/22/02
Go get it...but only take 4 $100 bills and a fifty.
Posted By: RLG Re: 99EG new in the box - 04/23/02
Dave_O, I know where you can pick up an easy $100.00, that will help with the purchase. [Linked Image] RLG
Posted By: Three_Creeks Re: 99EG new in the box - 04/24/02
Dave...
<br>
<br>Did you get it? Shoot it? Virgins were made to get married you know....but if you shot it...uh...value dropped. I'll give you $450 for it. Robert
Posted By: adkjaq Re: 99EG new in the box - 04/25/02
mines got some funky rotor too, mine has ivory bead and lyman tang, no box, mine don't look only open a few times, never touched by a screwdriver.
Posted By: Rick99 Steel rotors - 04/26/02
From around 1949-1953 you will find that the rotors are made of brass or case-colored steel. I don't see that there is any rhyme or reason to there use. Appears that 25-50% are steel vs. brass.
<br>
<br>Just my observations,
<br>Rick....
<br>
Posted By: RAM Re: NIB - 04/27/02
Don't mean to rain on your parade, but, given by you:
<br>
<br>"There is some slight wear on the lever arch? Like it has been open and closed a few hundred times!! "
<br>
<br>Means you didn't buy a NIB gun. You bought a gun that is in better than average shape, That is POSSIBLY unfired, with the original box. BTW - All the paperwork with the box??
<br>
<br>I realize these are techhnicalities, but ones worth noting if your collecting not shooting.
Posted By: Dave_O Re: 99EG new in the box - 04/30/02
OK, I might have been a little over exuberant.
<br>
<br>It is a very nice shooter in the box with no paper work. And a poor box at that... It is a 99 though!
<br>
© 24hourcampfire