Home
Posted By: ed7189 99 RS Sling swivels and studs - 11/24/15
I am looking for a set of pre-war 99 RS sling swivels and studs or just the studs. Does anyone have or know where to look for a set for sale? I know its probably an impossible request, but I thought maybe.
As far as I've ever been able to find, it's an impossible request.

Need a pair of studs myself, and swivels are always needed and just as hard to find. The Winchester Super Grade swivels are very similar to the 99RS swivels, but costly and not exactly right.
I use a set of the old Winchester super grade swivels on my RS. They can be found on eBay from time to time. Expect to pay $100+ for a set.
Super grade swivels on the right here, 99RS on the left.

[Linked Image]
Ed7189

Had that same problem trying to find a rear stud. After couple years I bought a shooter grade RS to get the swivels off it. Now have one extra front stud which should you locate the rear one I would consider selling. GW
I would be interested even in one.
I remember seeing this post a few months ago. I've been meaning to post this up, but just hadn't had the time. I found these in a box of stuff I bought at the South Dakota gunshow a couple weeks back. There must have been other guns out there that used the flat bottomed studs. These obviously aren't from an RS, given the length of the front stud, but the front stud is 8-40 size and they sure look like they could be made to work for an RS. The rear one is a near perfect match to the rear swivel on my RS.

Sling studs on Ebay.
That's interesting... thanks for posting.
© 24hourcampfire