Home
Posted By: JoeMartin WV Report - 11/24/15
Five guys went up, three shots fired, three deer. Biggest was a 120 pound 4 pointer, then two spikes, 78 and 80 pound. I never made it up so no pics. Also, just found out all meat coming back into MD has to be skinned out, so won't be getting any pics as they come home, Joe.
Posted By: saddlering Re: WV Report - 11/24/15
Were any savages used in the shootings? grin
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: WV Report - 11/24/15
My buddy John shot his with a lefty 110 in 308. A friend gave him the rifle last year and he has been amazed at how accurate it is. My cousin shot the 4 point and he uses a Remington auto in 30-36. He's not the best of shots and likes the rapid fire mode. The other buck was shot by my cousins nephew, and he has been using my uncles 99F in 308 since he started hunting with us, so I assume he used it this year. I've been thinking about taking 4 extra 99's to camp and telling each of my cousins guys I'll give a $50 bounty if they take their first deer with a 99. It would make a good picture, Joe.
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: WV Report - 11/24/15
Oh, I forgot to mention. Since John had to bone the deer out to bring it back into MD, and it was in zip lock bags, he gave them to me. He said he had three in the freezer already. So tomorrow I'll vacuum pack them, Joe.
Posted By: DeereJohn2 Re: WV Report - 11/27/15
I shot this 10 pt [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] at my farm in Jackson Co. on Monday.. [Linked Image]
Posted By: 99guy Re: WV Report - 11/27/15
Daaaayum!

"I shot a 10 point". Really? That is your story?

Come on!!! Details, details!!! Tell us about the hunt and the gun.

Might want to start a new thread though, so as not to highjack this one.... wink
I also shot this scrub buck that bump on the back leg is an arrow head [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] I used an 87 grain Hot-cor for both deer both instant kills
I wasn't trying to hijack the thread, it's called WV Report,and I'm from Wv .The gun is my Dads old eg that has no collector value,but shoots great..I'm shooting the speer 87gr. hot-cor over 36 gr Reloader15 seated at 2.49..I,m using a Leupold VX1 ,I shot them both in the high neck,each at about 80,or 90 yards
Posted By: cmhjohn Re: WV Report - 11/27/15
That is a very nice whitetail 10 pt buck. Hard to find anywhere!
Congratulations to you. Will take a while for your heart rate to get back to normal........
John
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: WV Report - 11/27/15
You can keep it going in this thread. It's all WV. That looks like one of our Valley deer. We hunt in the hills along Lost River Valley. The higher up on the side of the mountains, the smaller the deer get. We've seen some real nice deer taken less than 2 miles away, but they never come up the hill, Joe.
250-3000?

Nice work.
yea its a 250-3000.I shoot varmits with the same load that I shoot deer,and it does a number on them. [Linked Image]
Posted By: 300jimmy Re: WV Report - 11/27/15
That 10 is a chunk! Neck swell. Wow!
Originally Posted by JoeMartin
You can keep it going in this thread. It's all WV. That looks like one of our Valley deer. We hunt in the hills along Lost River Valley. The higher up on the side of the mountains, the smaller the deer get. We've seen some real nice deer taken less than 2 miles away, but they never come up the hill, Joe.
Jackson Co. Is in the Mid-Ohio valley region of Wva,I live at Gay which is in the eastern part of the county,about a mile from the Roane county line..
Kickn azz an takin names with the 250 EG

Like it.
Posted By: DeereJohn2 Re: WV Report - 11/29/15
Originally Posted by 300jimmy
That 10 is a chunk! Neck swell. Wow!
He was a chunk,and had pretty good genitics.I've shot several deer around here in the past few years that have had decent bodies but poor racks,these pics remind me of how bad I need to clean my garage [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire