Home
Posted By: Ogoki Want to puchase a 99 - 11/29/15
I already hunt with 300 Savage in a Rem 722. I am in the market for a 99 in the 300 . I do not want to change the gun from original . I do want to use it with a scope. From what I am finding some of the 99F were factory drilled and tapped . Also if factory drilled the name "Savage 99" would be on the side and not drilled into From what I see.
Other than Gunbroker where to look for a 99 ?. Here in Ohio you very seldom see a 99 as this state never allowed rifle hunting for deer so not many around from what I can gather . Thank you !!
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Want to puchase a 99 - 11/29/15
You have good information so far. The pre-1960 Savage 99's are the more desirable, though all of the Savage 99's are usually great hunting rifles. Of the pre-1960's, the 99F and 99R are the easiest to find that are factory d&t. You can tell if the 99F is pre-1960 if it's a lever safety. It's possible to find some later 99EG's that are factory d&t, but they aren't very common. Course, most aftermarket d&t jobs work just fine for hunting.

Gunbroker is the best place to watch. Lots of 99's come around in 300 Savage, Nov-Feb - after deer season, after Christmas, and after taxes are due. Seems like more people trying to sell than have money to buy. grin

Welcome to the campfire!
Posted By: S99VG Re: Want to puchase a 99 - 11/29/15
I have always thought the 50s era 99F to be the epitome of 99s for that period. A decent example will have everything you are looking for. Short of gun shows and gun shops, there really isn't any other place to look. You might just want to accept the added cost of an online purchase and be done with it. Best of luck.

Posted By: norm99 Re: Want to puchase a 99 - 11/29/15
there are other gun for sale sites , someone may give you a PM with a link, and facebook has one as well.

norm
Posted By: S99VG Re: Want to puchase a 99 - 11/29/15
Well shoot, why not post something on this forum's classifieds. Don't know why I didn't think of that before. Best of luck again.
Posted By: wyo1895 Re: Want to puchase a 99 - 11/29/15
ogoki, check your PM's. It's the flashing light at the top of the page.
© 24hourcampfire