Home
Found this pic online, while looking at a scope review.

I like it, so I dropped it here for all to see. Maybe someone can paste it here, instead of having to use the link?

dave

Here was the review of the Burris E1 2-7x scope, and some hunt details:

"I purchased this scope for my savage 99/358 winchester carbine. During moose hunting season, it took a few accidental dips into the creek, and was dropped a few times. When the time came to make that 100 yard shot on a very large bull moose, I feared the scope may not have been aligned to the bore. Not the case. Two shots into the big 55" racked bull moose later revealed hits precisely where I aimed. I'm shooting 275 grain 35 caliber bullets, and I felt the eye relief was plenty. The clarity of the scope is outstanding. My only complaint is the large tactical style windage/elevation caps. They feel bulky when I try to carry the rifle by the receiver. But only a minor issue, as the scope is otherwise trim, compact and perfect a size for a modern lever rifle carbine. What a scope for the money.....sure can take an Alaskan barrage of abuse."

http://powerreviews.s3.amazonaws.com/images_customers/00/11/36621358_286491_full.jpg
99E.
Posted By: sayak Re: Moose taken with 99/358cal - 12/12/15
Originally Posted by ilikemilitaria
Found this pic online, while looking at a scope review.

I like it, so I dropped it here for all to see. Maybe someone can paste it here, instead of having to use the link?

dave

Here was the review of the Burris E1 2-7x scope, and some hunt details:

"I purchased this scope for my savage 99/358 winchester carbine. During moose hunting season, it took a few accidental dips into the creek, and was dropped a few times. When the time came to make that 100 yard shot on a very large bull moose, I feared the scope may not have been aligned to the bore. Not the case. Two shots into the big 55" racked bull moose later revealed hits precisely where I aimed. I'm shooting 275 grain 35 caliber bullets, and I felt the eye relief was plenty. The clarity of the scope is outstanding. My only complaint is the large tactical style windage/elevation caps. They feel bulky when I try to carry the rifle by the receiver. But only a minor issue, as the scope is otherwise trim, compact and perfect a size for a modern lever rifle carbine. What a scope for the money.....sure can take an Alaskan barrage of abuse."

http://powerreviews.s3.amazonaws.com/images_customers/00/11/36621358_286491_full.jpg

I know that guy. He really puts his rifles through the wringer and is a real game getter. Here is the thread: http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/showthread.php/144178-Savage-99-358-Win?highlight=savage+99
thanks sayak.. small world.

i just fell in love with that pic. it tells a story...

dave
Nice rack. The Savage has been rode hard and put away lathered a lot, from the looks of it.

[Linked Image]

yooper
thanks for posting the pic yooper!

dave
Posted By: sayak Re: Moose taken with 99/358cal - 12/15/15
Like I said, Mike puts his rifles through the wringer. He is no collector, but enjoys using big bores and heavy bullets on animals.
Since that picture was taken, he had that rifle reconditioned and possibly ceracoated. If you are on a 10 day hunt in the rain it is dam hard to keep ahead of the rust.
© 24hourcampfire