Home
Posted By: sqweeler Sanded wood on this one? - 04/29/16
300 Sav Serial 1000443.Opinions? [img:center]http://[Linked Image][/img]
I'd have to say that the wood looks proud to the metal on both ends of the receiver and the cheeks also look good, but the pics are not the best....
Posted By: JeffG Re: Sanded wood on this one? - 04/29/16
The telltale darkness in the comb flutes has the look of old finish, not sanded, while the surrounding lighter area could be sanded, and raises my suspicions. But it's too hard to tell from photos.
Posted By: Harry M Re: Sanded wood on this one? - 04/29/16
How much for the Charger RT?
Oh Ya....BTW....the rifle looks 100% legit to me.....
Posted By: sqweeler Re: Sanded wood on this one? - 04/29/16
That's a Challenger Hellcat.750 horsepower.Faster than a speeding smile bullet
I like it..
It's my Brother in law's.I drive a 550hp CTS-V,a snail in comparison.It's a post mil F,probably pick it up for those rainy day's.Price is right.
Posted By: Calhoun Re: Sanded wood on this one? - 04/29/16
From the pictures, I think it's correct and not sanded. Very nice rifle.
Posted By: JoeMartin Re: Sanded wood on this one? - 04/29/16
I'm not seeing any cars? I had a 67 R/T 440 Magnum a few years ago. I miss that one, Joe.
And I had a '69 Charger R/T 426 Hemi,that I have nightmare's of.Sold it during the '73 gas crunch.
That's why I tell my family that my 68 Cuda, Formula S convertible stays in the garage till I die. Once I croak they can bury me in it, sell it or give it away. Till then, that parking spot is taken, Joe.
Had a '69 Formula S 340 4 speed also.My first was a '64 Barracuda 273 4bbl 4 speed.I was the Mopar guy in the neighborhood.
Yep, my first was a 65 Dart GT 273, 4 speed. My S is a 383, 4 speed, all numbers matching, 2nd owner. Consider it part of my retirement package, Joe.
Posted By: RAS Re: Sanded wood on this one? - 04/29/16
That rifle looks correct to me. Though the pics dont show me much, so my endorsement is light.

Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Sanded wood on this one? - 04/29/16
carefully sanded and oil finish, no stain. JMO. Poor photos...
Posted By: Lightfoot Re: Sanded wood on this one? - 04/29/16
Color looks light alright. Edit work on the pics loses the detail and ability to enlarge.

Can you post the single pics?
Posted By: 300jimmy Re: Sanded wood on this one? - 04/30/16
Looks like the top coat has been stripped from the wood. It was a fragile finish whatever it was...prone to scratches, peeling etc........still a respectable early post mill shooter.
© 24hourcampfire