Home
Posted By: sqweeler Pin protrusion update - 05/25/16
With the spring out and the striker pulled back against the crosspin, the firing pin stick's out .020" past the boltface. [img:center][Linked Image][/img] [img:center][Linked Image][/img] [img:center][Linked Image][/img]
Posted By: gnoahhh Re: Pin protrusion update - 05/25/16
How far does it protrude when all the way forward? Is it long enough to file .020" off of it and still be long enough for reliable detonation? It would seem that perhaps someone mixed and matched old/newer parts there.

How's headspace in that rifle? It would seem to me that that much protrusion would surely initiate a slam fire if the bolt is worked vigorously, or not, if headspace is excessive.
Posted By: sqweeler Re: Pin protrusion update - 05/25/16
With the pin pushed forward it protrudes .075".When a round is fed the pin is pulled completely inside the bolt when the sear engages the striker and the rifle is cocked.
Posted By: Plab Re: Pin protrusion update - 05/25/16
if the retracting spring is good ? the issue is in the firing pin bushing check the fitment there

plab
Posted By: Lightfoot Re: Pin protrusion update - 05/25/16
Dry firing hammers that bushing so that is a very good possibility.
Posted By: sqweeler Re: Pin protrusion update - 05/25/16
Where can I get a bushing?I just fired 3 rounds.Perfect hit's,headspace fine.I would still like the pin to retract fully. [img:center][Linked Image][/img]
Posted By: Lightfoot Re: Pin protrusion update - 05/25/16
I believe I have some bushings. I'll check and drop a PM.
© 24hourcampfire