Home
Posted By: oldotter Slow day waiting ........ - 05/30/16
Waiting for the afternoon BB-Q festivities .....some keepsakes to help pass the time...
1948 EG 250-3000 and 1941 T 300 Savage
[Linked Image]

Was going to post a couple more, but photobucket is really slooooooow, and unresponsive lately.
Happy Memorial holiday, especially to the vets who served so honorably.
Jerry
Posted By: JeffG Re: Slow day waiting ........ - 05/30/16
Yes,
Happy Memorial day, including happily remembering the names and faces of loved ones who have given their All in service of God and Country.

I just put this together...I love 99's but 110's are a tinkerer's delight; The ultimate camouflage Accustock in 22BR!

...top this Roy! wink
[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Posted By: Rick99 Re: Slow day waiting ........ - 05/30/16
Tell us about the stock. Who makes it?
Originally Posted by Rick99
Tell us about the stock. Who makes it?

It's a Savage Accustock demonstrator, meant for displaying the aluminum rail bedding system. It never sold as a complete rifle that I heard of.., I hope there's not a reason for that..., the plastic seems to be the same flexibity as their low-end black plastic stocks.
Posted By: Mesa Re: Slow day waiting ........ - 05/30/16
The main reaction to 99s seems to be to lovingly preserve them.

But the 110 Series seem to exist to play "Tinker Toys" and mix-and-match.

Savage: Something for Everyone?
Got a powder coated 358 with your name on it Jeff! Hammered finish in bronze. grin
Posted By: norm99 Re: Slow day waiting ........ - 05/30/16
Originally Posted by oldotter
Waiting for the afternoon BB-Q festivities .....some keepsakes to help pass the time...
1948 EG 250-3000 and 1941 T 300 Savage
[Linked Image]

Was going to post a couple more, but photobucket is really slooooooow, and unresponsive lately.
Happy Memorial holiday, especially to the vets who served so honorably.
Jerry

different looking rear stock on the 48 EG--bulky , different comb and flute

norm
Still, that's a nice pair! Yes that flute in the comb, I see it now that Norm mentions it.
Posted By: oldotter Re: Slow day waiting ........ - 05/30/16
Don't know who was in charge of stocks that day in 1948, but numbers match. Like all my 99s, good shooter as well.
Posted By: oldotter Re: Slow day waiting ........ - 05/30/16
Originally Posted by norm99

[Linked Image]

different looking rear stock on the 48 EG--bulky , different comb and flute

norm[/quote]

I'm a lil bit embarrassed now. I don't even know my own stable. The pictured EG is my 1954. The 1948 has a definitely thinner wrist an non fluted comb. When you look at em stood up from the back side, the 1948 is noticably on a diet compared to the 1954. Don't know if this is consistent or day to day, operator to operator variations.Original post before any soda was consumed. No excuse for err.
Maybe there was a slow progression in thickness from the svelt model G, to EG, to R, to all post war stocks being thicker, maybe because they were dealing with broken wrists, who knows, like the change from early model 1920's stocks to the 20/26.

Someone finally said 'enough already with the fat stocks' and built the model F
© 24hourcampfire